Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,551 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

He starts Again!

17 years ago 0 70 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jacko, Glad to hear you are on the right track again. My husband and I fell off the wagon this past Monday...he had quit for 9 months and I was on day 49. I come to this site everyday and read the posts even though I am smoking my pack a day. Yesterday when I had read about Allen Carr having the lung cancer, I went to his website to see what it was all about. He decided today that he would finish this last pack of cigs and not smoke...I looked in his pack before I left for work this morning and he only had three left. I am sure hoping this book comes soon since he has already bugged me for a cig when I came home from work. I have decided that October 3 will be my quit date...that will be my birthday present to myself. I am actually hoping that after I read his book (before October 3) that I will be a non-smoker, especially after reading all the testimonials on his website. I wish you all the success on this quit. Stay strong! Darcy
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
haven't heard from Jacko in a while! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 909 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
Welcome back Jacko, keep positive. One day at a time :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 839 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $220 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
Jacko's back yeh , you can do it one day at a time :)Marie[color=Black]Text[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 786 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $208 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How is your quit going Jacko? Are you still smoke free? Glad to hear that you read the book - its fairly good and eliminating junkie thoughts (my view).. good to see you back on the wagon. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,414 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �420 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yippee Jacko is back, stay strong and welcome back Sullydog [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 838 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $320 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 311 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm sooo happy that you're starting again! Welcome back! Andrea [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,166 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $275.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hooray jacko's back... you can do it... I read THE book too, and it did put things in a clearer perspective for me. I think any knowledge we can gain can only help, whether you agree or disagree with the information. so great to have you back, keep looking ahead, moving forward...all the best jeanigirl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 737 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $266 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad to see you have a new attitude JACKO. I hope it will see you through your quit. You are right ... you are not giving up one single thing by quitting smoking. There is not one single positive thing that cigarettes do for you. No amount of RATIONAL thinking would ever lead anyone to smoking a cigarette. When we quit we go through withdrawal of the drug. I really expected the withdrawal to be worse than it was. In my opinion society scares people into thinking that quitting is so hard. Then we believe it. And you know what they say happens to what we believe .... it comes true. So my advice is to not believe that it is hard. Believe that it is easy and it will be. SOOOOOO after withdrawal of the drug, we are left with the habit. The memory of the habit of us taking the drug. That memory pisses me off. It does not make me want to smoke. If we truly see the error of our ways, why oh why would we then want to go back and use/smoke again???? If we do smoke it is quite obvious that we did not truly see the error of our ways or that irrational/junkie thinking takes over. And I don't know about you, but I don't want to be a Junkie anymore. That is the wonderful thing about labels, with our actions we can peel those old labels right off of us and emerge as new & improved people. It pisses me off that I ever smoked. I wish I had quit a lot sooner than I did. Hell, I wish I never started at all. Smoking is just plain stupid. It really is. I'm so glad you are back on the Quit Wagon with us JACKO. No falling off this time. Fondly, Breaking Free [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 84 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,533 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $336 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
  • Quit Meter

$54,502.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5956 Hours: 6

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Darcy, We can't wait to celebrate your first smoke free day! Please keep us posted on how your prep is going. Danielle _______________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: