Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Depression Community

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.764 posts in 47.064 threads.

161,044 Members

Please welcome our newest members: erwinb, jujub1, mariebel, SWK679Learning, Number777

new to quitting!

18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bazz, You have certainly come to the right place to quit. The people around here are awesome. They will help you through the bad times and be there to celebrate the good times with you. Be sure to learn all you can about the quit process. There is a lot of valuable information in the forums below the introduction. Congratulations on your decision to quit and welcome to our little quit family! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 339 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,795 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1186.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 135 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CONGRATULATIONS BAZZ on your decision to quit smoking. It is a difficult task but well worth the work. You have a good start on your quit so don't let your meeting throw you. Think positive and use all of your tools. Good luck!!!!! Nan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 413 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,516 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1569.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 51 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
18 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Patty! 5 days is great!!! Be sure to tell us how you're doing! Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 542 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,201 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1897 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 74 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
  • Quit Meter

$56,274.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 664 Hours: 14

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 44

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations! I suggest that you print out as much of the program tools and workbook as you can and take it with you. Also, write down all your reasons for quitting, ideas for coping with triggers, and so on. Take a little notebook to journal in. Keep your "I Don't Smoke" hat on! You can do it -- you've gotten this far and you don't want to throw away 5 days of hard work. Good luck! Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 539 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,111 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1886.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 74 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
  • Quit Meter

$56,274.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 664 Hours: 14

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 44

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bazz, You need to come up with a plan! When a craving sets in, think about what are you going to do or what you can do to not give in! Try writing down some coping techniques to particular scenarios. For example, the house is clean there is nothing to do and the cravings kicks in. You have already eaten and you are in a state of panic. Try leaving the house, go for a walk, call a friend, jump on the site, have a shower. Anything that takes your mind off of temptation is beneficial. Quitting smoking is not easy and that is why we are here! We are here to help you learn on how to quit smoking and be successful. You can do this! Keep us posted and be sure to jump back on the site to let us know how you have coped with your cravings. We all learn from each other! Take care and congrats on 1 week of quitting smoking :). Melanie ____________________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: