Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,798 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO

I would like to introduce my mother hen!!!

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Smokey, Welcome to the site and congratulations on making the decision to quit smoking. Take time to roam the site, become familiar with what is offered. Remember we are all here for you. Take Care, Melanie __________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i125/CHEARNE/welc.gif[/IMG] Smokey Bandit: I expected the name "Chicken's Mom"! We welcome you with our bright smiles :) all of our wonderful advice :confuse: and surprising discoveries about the life of a non-smoker :8o: .. and of course our sense of humor when times are tough. We look forward to having you around! Hangin in Not Givin In, CobenFan (Christine M) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 560 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $112 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
18 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is Smokey Bandit, ChickenStix Mother hen I was lost before and shown frustration as anyone reading could figure.....sorry about that, not only am I thinking of stopping smoking, but I am what some would call a hunt and pecker on the computer, and can't find my way around anywhere on the net......sorry if I offended anyone, I was way too frustrated, just thinking about quitting is way too disturbing, but is my desire. Hope to find the support that my little chickidee said she found, thanks to all that supported her, I am soo proud of her and her hubby! PS> Ron, sorry about my post....congrads!
18 years ago 0 1262 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Smokey [IMG]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g201/Breanna-2006/ecff0c97.gif[/IMG] Way to go on your decision to quit smoking! Stay Strong we are here for you!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 87 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,312 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $261 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WELCOME!!! I sure hope you stick around, 'cuz Chicken is a riot. And she said she got it from you!! Good laughs are always welcome! Anyway, [quote] Don't look back Smokey.........give yourself and all of your loved ones the best gift ever..........Life. They say that the best thing a parent can give their children is their own good health............ [/quote] DITTO. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,603 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $173.31 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
18 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Smokey Bandit - Welcome to the best place that you could have found! Your post made me laugh out loud...you are going to be a great addition to our non-smoking family and what a great role model you have in your daughter. It doesn't matter if you are a "hunt and pecker". Just take a big breath and hold on for the best ride of your life. We are glad that you are here! Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 654 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $130 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
  • Quit Meter

$1,705,237.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5867 Hours: 11

Minutes: 41 Seconds: 46

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Goodmorning Smokey Bandit, Welcome to SSC, and congratulations on deciding to quit smoking. You have made a life saving decision. Stay close to the site and read lots of post. We're so glad that you are part of our family. It must be wonderful to have a daughter to do this quit with. Stay strong and keep on posting and get to know the site. Again WELCOME... Be blessed, SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 110 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,874 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $385 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
  • Quit Meter

$230,207.06

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6404 Hours: 9

Minutes: 3 Seconds: 36

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 415 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My mother has just signed up guys and she needs all the support and encouragement available. She is Smokey Bandit and she is who gave me all my coolness!!!!! Please give her a warm welcome!!! }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}HUGS{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ Madam Knight Stix aka The Chicken [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 738 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $273.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It is the best thing in the world when we are proud of our kids, welcome on board and we look forward to your quit date. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 80 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 969 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �200 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
18 years ago 0 103 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
To Chicken Stix and more importantly, Smokey Bandit. I am 55........... Today! Yes, that's right, I forgot, today is my Birthday! LOL, I am really losing it!! See, Smokey.........U do not have a monopoly on DUH!!! Anyway, that is not the point. The point is, my Mom, my Best Friend, would have been 81 this year if she had been able to quit smoking back in 1974 when she was 1st diagnosed with Asthma and possibly Asbestoses. But, she never did and I lost my Best friend in a very long, painful tramatic drawn out ( 20 years! ) struggle. I am fully convinced that she would be here today if she could have only quit smoking.........for whatever reasons, she was never able to. So, daily..........especially today...........the day she gave me life, I miss her so much. Don't look back Smokey.........give yourself and all of your loved ones the best gift ever..........Life. They say that the best thing a parent can give their children is their own good health............BELIEVE. Cheers, Pat [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 115 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,728 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $460 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24

Reading this thread: