Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

Don't believe everything you think...

18 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go cybrduke! That darn "Junkie" in your head! I've got that one as well. Reward yourself with a smoke... who's he trying to kid? Can't do it!!!! The nicotine is out of our systems... now the tough part I'm told. Dealing with the "Junkie and Habit". Stay strong and let us know how your doing. Ron [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 678 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $128.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
18 years ago 0 506 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
As a 2ppd smoker, I can relate! And it sounds like you've got a solid plan and a doctor who knows that this addiction is a tough one to break, and is giving you the necessary assistance to do it. I can also relate to how you have divided this period up. I am in recovery, but 1 puff and it's over for me. I think after a year, I might feel the solid, ex-smoker feeling, but now....it's tough, isn't it! Anyway, be proud and don't give in to the junkie bs! Bob [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,658 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $369 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats to you cybrduke! 24 days is great! You sure have the right atitude towards the Nicodemon! You will succeed. Just keep your thoughts down that road! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 793 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $85.02 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
18 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
duke- congratulations!! great attitude... Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 930 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $62.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
18 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great attitude. Keep your strength. One step at a time to freedom! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 850 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $315 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
18 years ago 0 415 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Nice attitude!!! Wish I had some XanaX when I quit and I gurantee my husband does too!!! Stay close and read and post...this site will help you tremendously! Stay Strong!! The Chicken
18 years ago 0 1110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations, your doing awesome. Reward yourself for a job well done, but yourself something really nice. Keep reading and posting here it really helps. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 344 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,615 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2580 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 45 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
18 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I did buy myself something real nice - I bought a plant for my office. It's big, it's green and it helps sooth me when I feel an urge. There's something about looking at all those leaves.... Just a few deep breaths and I've passed the urge... The plant has been my first reward. On the 7th, when I hit a month, I have an appointment to drop off my truck and have it detailed. I told them I need the smoke smell out of it. They said they have stuff to make it smell all brandy new.... That's my next reward. I've had some smaller rewards along the way - the best one so far is my wife and her willingness to get close to me. She says I smell great and she's actually cuddling up on the couch with me again. We haven't done that in many years. Hard to believe I let the stench of cigarettes come between us for so long. She's an RN, has never smoked, and has never approved. She hates the smell. She must really love me I guess. Here's a coping mechanism I've been using, anyone else use this? When I see someone smoking, of course I get the urge to smoke. What I've been doing when I see someone smoking is reminding myself that I am now 24 days ahead of that point. It makes me feel the progress and there's no way I'll fold once I feel accomplishment like that. It's helped me. Just thought I'd throw it out there. Getting ready for another smoke free weekend. I'm really very proud of myself. I know that sounds funny, but dammit, I AM!
  • Quit Meter

$99,919.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9151 Hours: 3

Minutes: 9 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Oh yeah - my meter [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 853 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $216 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
  • Quit Meter

$99,919.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi all - I've quit dozens of times. Longest ever was 13 weeks a few years ago. I stopped again 24 days ago. This time I'm letting my doctor help me. I'm a hard core smoker. 2 packs a day since I was 16, I'm 46 now. My doc has me on the patch, using Xanax and supplementing with gum if I need to. he said nicotine never killed anyone, it's the flawed delivery system that gets you. With his help I'm staying off the smokes and doing real well. He says we'll wean me off nicotine over 6 months. Even though I haven't smoked in 24 days, I still consider myself a smoker. I'm in "Action" mode right now, actively quitting. When I hit 6 months, I'll consider myself in "Maintenance" mode. After a year I'll call myself an ex-smoker. I refuse to let my mind play it's trick on me this time around. I already hear thoughts saying just one, you deserve it, you proved you can quit, now go ahead and have one..... That's the big trap. That's what I mean by I'm still a smoker. I have a long way to go yet. I'm 24 days in now, I'm doing real well with it, I know I can make it this time. I'm not going to let myself down. FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Quit Meter

$99,919.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: