Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,546 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

i would like to stop,but how?

18 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Greetings and welcome! Congrats on even thinking about quitting. That in my opinion is the biggest step. Like many, I have smoked since my early teens (25 years). I finally realized about a year ago that i didn't really enjoy smoking anymore. Because of my son who arrived 12 years ago, i have been smoking outside while home, and with the smoking laws in NY, no smoking in restaurants, bars, or any public place , smoking outside at work, you are more or less, just smoking a cig in 90 seconds just for the fix. And even with coming to this revelation a year ago, it still took me a year to have the guts to actually make it happen. My thinking is , if someone lse can do it, why can't I? Why can't I be as strong as the others who sucessfully quit smoking cigs.? With this in mind and the support and info you'll come across here, you should be fine. and if cold turkey is scaring the heck out of you, try the Patch, but you might what to speak to a doc first. It helped me get through FEB. Anyway, Good Luck with the quest.
18 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i'm mianne, and i would like to stop smoking. I made an inscription on this site hoping it will stimulate me .Any advice?
  • Quit Meter

$817,524.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6524 Hours: 6

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 47

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 112 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree with the previous writer. When even the false pleasure of smoking seems shallow it is time to stop smoking. It is a terribly addictive habit but the good news is that is won't kill you to stop. Many people (me too) feel empowered by their ability to make a conscious decision and quit smoking. Don't wait for some magical right moment to stop smoking. After you quit all those excuses from other smokers that promise "I'll quit as soon as ____________ (fill in the blank)" seem fearful and insincere. If you have made up your mind to quit, quit. Quit for you, not for anybody else and don't let anybody or anything stand in your way. Good luck. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/3/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 91 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,831 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $455 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
18 years ago 0 672 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
mianne, Just stop smoking. You will get a bit of withdral from no nicotine in your system but this will be like a battery gradually losing its charge. Those who refuse to allow any nicotine back into their bloodstream have 100% odds of remaining smoke free today, tomorrow & Always! ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 426 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,674 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2769 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 61 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
  • Quit Meter

$12,517.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 626 Hours: 8

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
mianne, Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking!!! The way to quit is just to not smoke. Yes, that seems too simple, but it IS simple... but not easy. Take the time to do the program here if you haven't yet. Make a plan for what you will do when the temptation gets really bad. And then just vow to not smoke. It takes time, but it is most definitely doable and it IS possible! Welcome to the site. Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/butterfly3.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 126 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,173 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $415.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14

Reading this thread: