Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,536 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Where's the pill?

18 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
THIS IS BABSY'S ORIGINAL POST Hey, I'm so used to sticking my foot in my mouth that you had me wondering. I will never remember the words, so it was something like this. I do not need to be motivated to quit. I would be happy to quit. What is stopping me is the cravings, but that is such a nice word. The fact is, getting the next fix is so overwhelming and nasty that there is no choice. They got me and they got me good. I want the pill, whatever it is. I just do not know what it is, if there is one. I thought that the patch would help, but it was a joke for me. I think I was a bit more eloquent last time.
18 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Rusty. I see much psycho stuff here. I for one don't care about the cost or savings. I am not wealthy, but I just am not motivatrd in that way. Fact is, I'd be willing to spend twice as much to not smoke.
18 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Isn't that the truth!! This is a great site!! Keep at it Babsy - you can SO do this!! [img]http://lightintheblack.co.uk/forum/images/smiles/respect.gif[/img] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 705 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �69.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
18 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Josie, I feel like I'm reading upside down! lol :p
  • Quit Meter

$54,839.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 647 Hours: 14

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Babsy, I know exactly what you mean. I was saying to a fellow quitter this morning that the rising price of cigarettes never motivated me to quit. It's something that has to come from the gut. An overwhelming determination to quit. We're addicts and we have to detox. No way around it. But the knowledge that I learned through this site made it so much more bearable. Rusty
  • Quit Meter

$54,839.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Meanwhile, I said that you are on the right track. We are addicts. There is no moral or immoral. It is pure chemical addiction. Work the program tools, stay here and read and post. You can do it! Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 445 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,481 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1557.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 61 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
  • Quit Meter

$54,839.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have deleted some of the posts so the advice you see may be a little bit backwards! babsy, keep strong and know that we are all here to support! Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: