Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Depression Community

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.764 posts in 47.064 threads.

161,040 Members

Please welcome our newest members: jujub1, mariebel, SWK679Learning, Number777, cbtelearning

Joining the Group!

18 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I'm Southern Belle from down south in the hurricane zone. My quit date is March 1, 2006. I just wanted to stop in and say HI
18 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jess and Redrosie -- I'm into ash kicking, so just let me know where to sign up!
Hey, Redrosie. Thanks for the welcome note. I'm impressed -- you've made it 39 days -- great! It certainly give me hope to make it that far and a lot of motivation. Toodles, Kat
Hi, everyone. I am on Quit Day 16 and have been searching for an active discussion site to support me when I get the "crazies". I was on another site and seemed to be on it alone; a quick scan of this site looks like there is a great community of "quitters" trying to be "winners". I've got lots of motivation: I set my quit date 6 months ago as a birthday present to me and my husband -- our birthdays are 3 days apart, I felt like I really was ready to quit for good, and then my mother had a heart attack and open heart surgery on Christmas Eve. Doubled, or even tripled , my motivation, espcially since there is heart disease in my family. So, I'm surviving, have not cheated -- which is HUGE for me and the only time I've ever quit without cheating, so am feeling incredibly proud of myself. Maybe that's my biggest motivator -- I want to be able to say to myself "I did it". I guess now I CAN say "I"m doing it". Anyway, I've found that typing and connecting electronically with others gets me through those insane moments. Glad to be on board and hope I can provide a little support to others. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 330 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
Wow. You all are amazing. I will now consider myself one of the official Ash Kickers and proudly call myself part of the gang. Welcome, Belle -- I wish I had found this site a month before quitting -- there's so much helpful information, both in the program and tools and among the people online. I've also found some great information about what to expect so knowing in advance will be helpful for you. A technical question -- what happens if I click on the "add to my buddies list" next to some of your names?
18 years ago 0 68 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Kat Welcome to this site. I have been without cigarettes for 10 days today. This site is great. I had a bad day yesterday, but I made it through because of the support I received here. You will love it here. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 153 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
18 years ago 0 610 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You just did Welcome to the Ash Kickers kat !!! Jess and Redrosie I was thinking the same thing but I do think we are still Strong in our quits Polly [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,042 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
18 years ago 0 228 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Kat, Your doing great too.. Keep up the good work, and don't worry from what i hear the crazies will go away soon.. at least I hope so.. HA HA.. ;p Hey Redrosie - Shouldn't Kat be an "ASH KICKER".. :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,186 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $253.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
Hey Polly & Red, I am doing good. Some days are better than others but staying strong.. Yeah I agree with you I don't think there are many of us new years babies left.. ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,188 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $253.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
Hey Southern Bell, Welcome, This site is awesome to help you start and keep your quit. There are allot of people on here who will truly care what happens to you. Read and post as much as you want.. it will help!!! :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,188 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $253.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36

Reading this thread: