Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,551 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Just started to quit... not doing so good.

18 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks so much everyone. I am going to need all the help i can get.
18 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok so i made the choice to quite smoking on Fed 1. And i was doing great. I am ok when i am at home all alone but when i got out with my friends i am just a jerk to be around. And i though it wasn't going to be too bad after the first day. But today i freaked out on my dad and made him very mad at me. Does anyone know how to not be such a jerk when quiting? Oh and i have the Nicorete Inhaler too. :(
18 years ago 0 68 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just think how healthy you will be by not smoking. Keep it up. You will succeed. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 138 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $64 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
18 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
First, I wish you every success. I beat a couple of other addictions and in the 12-step program I'm in we're all about "one day at a time". At first this means not smoking for today. It's a lot harder to quit forever than it is for today and since it's always today, the days can and hopefully will add up. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 68 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
18 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
More than happy to help. I am going to need you as well. Good luck with everything [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 66 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
Hey AJ, My name is Laura, My last Cigarett was Monday night. I am cranky to.. Hence the name. But I think I am learning to deal with it, because i can feel it happening now when I start to get really on edge, so I just try and stay away from people for a few minutes or bury myself in something to do. But all my peers and friends and family have been told what I am doing and warned that I will be cranky , so for the most part if I do get testy, they know why, and do not take it to heart. But if you feel yourself get real angry, trust me you can feel it, Walk away and take a breather
I have to say good night now, but I will see you all tomorrow Have a great night and be strong
Hello Nan, and how are you this morning. So far it seems like cravings are weakening, not much , but enough that I accually feel I can beat it WooHoo
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
To all you cranky quitters out there. I was cranky too and said a lot of mean things to those I love. They all forgave me and now I'm nicer than I was when I smoked. Moral of the story...it gets better. Keep going. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 223 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,468 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $780.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
18 years ago 0 135 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Morning AJ and MAGEE: Another smoke-free day for you to enjoy. Sometimes it does seem difficult to enjoy your days but that's when you must remind yourself of all the reasons you had for quitting. AND be thankful for SSC where you can come and complain to your heart's content. That's better than being irritated with the world in general. Just remember we are here for you and wishing you success. Hugs, Nan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 297 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,840 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1128.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 37 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56

Reading this thread: