Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Calling all February '06 Quitters!!!!

18 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Chris! We are doing it! YAY! I see your posts everywhere...That's good...Stayin close...Proud of you! I'm doing alright, took yesterday off of work to deal with my quit one more day at home...Back to the grind today...This whole thing is not nearly as horrible as I thought it was going to be...Soooo, that tells me one thing: I really WANT my quit this time...YAY! Stay strong...Forgot to mention, Im from Toledo, Ohio... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 131 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
18 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, from what I have read on here so far, it seems that the newbies usually start a little support group of their own...Get together and help each other to the beach :) So, what do ya'll think? We are gonna need some quitters and a name...Let's do it! Leave a post with your name, location (optional), quit date, and suggestion for a name...When we get a few people on board we can vote on a name... By the way, I am 3 1/2 days in now, and happy to be here! Thanks everyone! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 130 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bean, Tooyoung and SmokeyBandit... WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME !!!! YOU ARE ALL INVITED AND WELCOME TO THE KNIGHTS OF THE EMPTY ASH TRAY ! Sorry for the delay guys !! You are all three hereby knighted and shall herein enjoy all rights, privileges and support given to this title. Great to have you !! Hang Tuff Knights !! KNIGHT Christine RIVERDALE MAN..... WAY TO GO !! GREAT ATTITUDE.. ME TOO.. I'M TOTALLY QUIT.. I HARDLY EVEN THINK ABOUT IT ANYMORE.. AND IF I DO.. I SHOO IT AWAY LIKE A FLY ON A HOT DAY (IN TEXAS..LOL). [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 672 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $91 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
Welcome new knights : khop8878 2/19/2006 OHIO ashika1 2/23/2006 Little mama 2/27/2006 galfriday73 2/17/2006 WISCONSIN You are all hereby knighted and shall herein enjoy all rights, privileges and support given to this title. Welcome you guys.. this is really a great group.. every new member only seems to make it more supportive as each newbie jumps right in and helps. That's what it is all about.. getting help and giving help back.. FairyDust should be back soon to welcome you all as well. She started this club early in the month.. Come often with questions and just if you need an excuse NOT TO SMOKE.. looking forward to hearing from all of you.. KNIGHTS OF THE EMPTY ASH TRAYS !!!! Knight Christine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 736 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $101.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
Hey phreaknbz ! I know today was hard.. it was my hardest day too !! tomorrow you can think about how the physical addiction will be gone soon. Day 3 is a mean dog too. Drink lots of water or some kind of cranberry drink to help flush the nicotine out faster. Eat well and keep telling yoursef that you aren't gonna let this thing whip you.. get some candy to munch on.. it helps. Remember that you are in detox.. take it easy on yourself.. welcome to the February Quitters.. :) Hang Tuff !! Chris [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 175 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
doingit.. Don't take it badly.. I am from Texas afterall.. and it's no big deal.. just being humorous.. I have read a lot of your posts.. I enjoy your honesty.. I have a 5 year old too.. and I'm 46.. great reason to quit... Hang Tuff ! Chris :) :) :) :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 174 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
Hey Fairy !! I'm from Texas (not the one Bush is from, I wish). I'm gonna think on a name.. throwing this out: The Fabulous Febs I'll look back later.. so what's up.. :) Chris [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 159 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
quit4josh, If you can take a few days off to get this under control.. that would be great. When I quit, I told everyone around me to leave me alone and not to ask me even once how I was doing... I was ready to yell at the drop of a hat. I spent my first few days laying around without any real responsibilities. I even refused some things and said.. nope.. I'm in withdrawl.. (they were scared of me anyway..) I tried the patch about 10 years ago. It was great for breaking habits like driving in the car.. not having anything in your hands.. I used to take it off at night before bed and put it on after breakfast. After 3 weeks, I broke out everywhere I had worn the patch and had to stop it. I returned to smoking unfortunately.. cravings killed me as soon as I took it off. I never smoked before breakfast again and I could go to malls forever without even a thought about smoking. Do what you need and know that it is as important as anything you have ever done. If it were heroin, you might take off work and spend time away from home.. you are fighting a real strong addiction.. make others understand. I made my son read about it before I quit.. he has been great.. Don't give up.. you are not alone.. Josh is there.. we are here. Hang Tuff ! Chris [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 199 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
Hello all. Not to be picky or anything but.. my quit date was 02/01. Beginning day 12 at 3:00 this afternoon !!! Names look great !! :) Christine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 288 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $38.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
Hi All ! I am relisting the 'list' to correct my quitdate.. it was 2 days off and not in my favor either !! lol I'm going to start a 'name of the club' list .. so at least we can get a list to choose from. I'll post it on the thread named 'List of February Quitters add your idea here' TO ADD YOUR NAME TO THIS LIST: highlight the list and select 'copy', include these instructions. When your in the 'Reply to Discussion' window, right hand click and select 'paste'. Serena or "Fairy" 2/11/06 Michael - Jacksonville, Florida (aka-STJ) 02/12/06 Tom, Ontario Can. 01/12/06 Chris, Texas, 02/01 OinkOinkO2, Hull,UK 02/06 Jack, NY 02/06 Shannon, Fayetteville, AR, 02/06 Kimi, NH, 02/01 Ang, Ontario, CA 02/01 Amy , Toledo, OH 12/03 Candice (ashika1), Ontario Can. 12/02/06 Cuddles 2/11/06 boubou 1 February Quit4Josh 02/03 Chris [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 323 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $42 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59

Reading this thread: