Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,551 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Is this normal?

18 years ago 0 37 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just want to say thank you for the positive feedback. PhantomSteve, thank you for the wonderful insight and knowledge. All were right; the mood-swings have all but ceased. They are going away and I am happy to say I am smoke free. Thanks again for all the support. With the Stop Smoking Center and people like yourselves I have quit smoking and never will go back. It is a good feeling. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 280 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $70 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
18 years ago 0 37 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have not smoked for a few days, and I might want to say; "This is not as hard as I thought it was going to be." I am taking Wellbutrin XL, and the cravings have been nil-to-none. My only problem is the drastic mood swings that occur. The swings are not indicative with Wellbutrin, but I am not happy with them. They are not violent in nature, there is no feelings to cause harm to myself or anyone else, but they can be drastic. I will be laughing one minute, and the next, I will be pissy. I am just curious if this is caused by the withdraws and the feelings will lapse soon enough. The have began to not come as often as they did in the begining. Any help would be greatly approciated. Funk [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 259 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
18 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
funk, Glad you're feeling better :) For the avoidance of doubt, the only reason I know all that medical stuff is because I'm good at finding information online... I am *not* a doctor, a nurse, a pharmacist, or any other medical type... so please don't ask me for medical advice! Steve [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 235 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �48.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
18 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya funk0311 congrats on giving up! As you said, Wellbutrin XL isn't known for causing mood swings, indeed the reverse is true, but it *is* a possible side effect of any such medication. There have been no decent studies on XL, but with Wellbutrin SR (the sustained-release version which came out before XL, which is the extended-release version), there were incidents of "agitation" in 0.3% of the sample on 300mg/day and 1.8% of the sample on 400mg/day... BUT 0.3% of those on a placebo also had incidents, the same as for the 300mg/day group! I would say that I think that it's more likely to be the giving up on smoking that's causing the mood swings than the Wellbutrin, since they are not coming as much as they did in the beginning... but if you feel that it's more the Wellbutrin, do have a chat with your doctor... s/he can put your mind at rest. Meanwhile, keep posting here and keeping us up to date with how you are doing! Steve [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 226 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �46.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
18 years ago 0 989 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My mood swings were awful in the first two weeks. Felt like I was losing my mind. I am usually quite even - the "insanity" the sorta scary, cause my equilibrium usually keeps everything on an even keel around my house. I sobbed, lay in bed, posted, ranted and raved. Thankfully it passes. So, I would say what you are feeling is quite normal. Just one of the many lovely signs of withdrawal. Hang in there! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 297 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,425 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1039.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
  • Quit Meter

$794,832.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5683 Hours: 11

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Funk, First of all congrats on 12 days! This is a great achievement! Please know that these feelings are normal and will eventually dwindle. Keep track of it and if it lasts longer than expected, contact your doctor to rule out anything medical. It�s possible that your smoking has been masking symptoms of some illness, and when you stop smoking the symptoms abruptly become noticeable. Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: