Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

I need to lose weight help please!

17 years ago 0 1110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have fought since I quit to keep off the weight. I lost when I first quit but I have gained and lost the same 10 lbs so many times I should be 100 or 300 lbs lol. I finally joined a LA Weight loss center. I have now lost 6lbs and I am eating more than I have in years. It does involve allot of protein, veggies and fruits. One small portion of dairy and fat per day, and a little starch. I feel really good and I am not hungry. I also walk when I can and I work out 3 times a week at the gym. I hope some of this will help because I know first hand how hard it is to lose that dang wieght. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 713 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 17,834 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5347.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 97 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pfft!! You sound like a "tall drink of water." ;p Don't worry too much about 1 little ole stone, hun. Hugs, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,029 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $161.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am 6ft tall! So 15 stone( a stone is 14 lbs) is not TOO bad! Oh and Fini I think you are the mummy,oh wait could be Tutti,Gonna,Lynne,Angelcapp,Jan,Windy,Callmemommom,Rainie,Duckie,Cheermom............ Not sure! LMAO Phil xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 239 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,260 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1254.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phil, You weigh 210 lbs? How tall are you? Okay, here's my two cents. I'm 5 ft. 7 and weigh 120 lbs. (I'm a gal...ha ha ha ha) I'm also diabetic. I have to fight to keep weight on and that's because I can't have sugar or anything made with flour or cornmeal. In other words, CARBS. Eat lots of lean meat and lots of veggies and fruits. That's it. AT least you can have fruit....Diabetics can't have those!! Don't get into lifting weights right now, if you get into that at all. Do your walking and more aerobic type exercises. Only lift weights AFTER you've lost the amount of weight you want to lose. That sausage sandwich you wanted? Go for the sausage but leave off the bread. Breads, chips, crackers, anything made from flour or cornmeal turns into sugar in your bloodstream. Hence, tighter britches!! LOL I promise, leave off the sugar and cut way down on those bad carbs, combined with movement, and you'll lose weight. I don't do the Adkins diet....I have to follow the diabetic diet. I think we'd all fair better off if we did cut out all that sugar and those bad carbs. Hugs, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,029 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $161.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Is that true?? Are you pregnant?? Wow, why didn't you tell me?? Who is the mother, that's the question now!! You better tell us mister. LOL [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 368 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,043 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1085.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 51 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A stone is 14lbs! Anyone need a couple? Me x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 239 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,259 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1254.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phil... Who knew? Are we thinking pink or blue? I am not giving any weighty advice because I'm not at the point where I want to give up the chocolate and other good stuff...but I am getting close. They are starting WeightWatchers at work, but I think it's too soon. One step at a time for me. I am ready to start walking with my Sweetheart (as soon as winter is really over) and maybe riding a bike (is it true that you never forget?...it's been a lot of years) Let us know of your progess....INSPIRE ME...PLEASE! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,463 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $232.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phil's having a baby??? Nobody told me!! Phil...you are going to have to start hanging around with us in the weight loss section. Get to that supermarket and buy all your fresh fruits and veggies and, tomorrow when you get up, walk that 3 miles all over again. If my Killer Fitness Instructor was hanging around, she would make you do it all over again. She ALWAYS makes me do it again (unless I make it look REALLY hard the fist time) Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 204 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,095 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1020 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
First of all------what is a 'stone'? I had a kidney stone one time---no fun. Mr. Ed started the rumor that you ARE pregnant, Phil, so we all assumed the weight gain was due to that and didn't want to mention it to you. :p Start out by cutting out the empty calories---soda's, that bag of chips at lunch, those cookies hidden in your desk drawer, etc... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 207 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,369 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1656 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 357 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Phil, Tomorrow is Tuesday- sounds like a good day to start a diet. No secret weapons needed just eat less and move more. Best of luck to you! Dupe [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 341 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $70.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29

Reading this thread: