Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,546 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

any tips ?

17 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rainie, Paid $118 at WalMart for one-month supply. I've quit many, many times and this is best so far--but having trouble with side effects. Do your research and talk with your doc. I cut dose in half last nite and nausea was a little better.
17 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
on my third week of chantix, quit on 1/8/07. nausea, especially in the evening seems to be getting in worse instead of better. since so many of you have had success with chantix, any tips out there for minimizing nausea? i' taking pill with water and food. p.s. despite nausea, best i've been mentally for a quit.
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, it's also available in the UK but under a slightly different name. I do recall reading that. It costs me about $99 a month - my pharmacy gave me a break! of $25. My insurance covers 5% if that. It's worth every penny. As for the naseua (sp?), I still have it at night. I try to lie down - I take it before bed. Good luck, hang in there with it, it pays off. Marie
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Izzy, Make sure you eat "before" you take the Chantix. Try some Soda crackers for the nausea, and take deep breaths. (baking soda helps to neutalize acid) keep in touch...let us know if the nausea subsides, if it doesn't call the Dr... I too agree that it is the best product I've ever used in minimizing craves and it helps with the nerves too. auntdeb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 680 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $68.18 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rainie' Yes...available here in the US. Go to the internet for everything you need to know about it...just type in Chantix Make an appointment with your Dr., it has to be prescribed It is brand new, not a whole lot of ill side effects. the site will tell you how it works. auntdeb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 691 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $68.18 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Listen to your Aunt Deb! Eat before you take it. I noticed in the morning when I took it with my coffee and then ate I still felt quesy. Much better if I ate before I took it. Hope your tummy feels better soon! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 129 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,475 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1032 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 682 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the feedback....have a call into the doc already for an rx!
17 years ago 0 682 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Please tell me about this Chantix... is it available in the states? About how much does it cost?
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members, It is wonderful to see you sharing your experiences with others. Please note that we are not here to promote any one type of medication or quit method. Always check with your doctor and pharmacist for dosages and side effects. You can also check with them before taking any over the counter medications :) Josie ______________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: