Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,537 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Checkin? out my stats to find a nice surprise

12 years ago 0 147 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just goes to show you how much money we spend on something that can potentially kill us one day! But, we're a part of this family for a reason, so we don't fall back into that lifestyle! $34,000 is a lot, it does make you wonder where it all went...
12 years ago 0 74 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, definitely inspirational! That would pay off ALL my student loans! LOL Thanks for sharing that, just makes me more determined to keep on quitting. DeniseK 
12 years ago 0 377 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the update Pat. I also wonder where all my savings went from quitting.  I know they were many times rewards but I always wonder what it would be like to have the 35 K in some account to look at.  I'm sure it went to good use just the memory of it all is not there.  Anyway thanks for all your great posts you have given to the SSC.  I've always agreed 100% on your prospective and outlook. Hope your friend follows your footsteps to NS freedom.

Sincerely,
Ron 
12 years ago 0 792 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
34 Grand! Now if that's not inspirational I don't know what is !
12 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for stopping by ladycigvictor!

Wow, that's a lot of money!  And the health benefits you have reaped are worth much more!

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Have not met you Pat, but I love that story! Thanks for posting : ) 
12 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats Pat!  Like Kaiser said, I'm hoping you spend all of that $$$ on wonderful rewards!
12 years ago 0 1387 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
wow Pat.  I hope you spent the money on rewards!!
Kaiser
12 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello newbies, old-time quitters and those who lurk,
It's been a long time since I've been here and a long time since I've thought much about my quit.   If you'd told me, even 3 years ago, that months would go by without thinking about smoking, I would never have believed it!   

This evening I went for a bite to eat after work.  One of my young co-workers was there and mentioned she'd like to quit smoking because she's trying to save some money.  We had a nice chat and I gave her a couple tidbits of information that might help her.  She was curious about my quit asked me how much money I've saved in almost 5 years.  I told her I thought it was well over 20 thousand dollars.  I was curious and logged on to find out.  I am so surprised to see it's over 34 thousand!!! 

Hmmmmmmm, wonder where it all went

xo
Pat

• Quit Meter

$121,132.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 964 Hours: 20

Minutes: 31 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days