Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,537 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

One Month ~ Another Step Closer to Wonderland

13 years ago 0 150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Guys & Gals,

Your encouragement and support is amazing

Happy Tuesday!

~Ailce
13 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Alice, congratulations on 30 smoke free days!  I always that temporary inconvenience yields HUGE permanent improvements.  And look how true it is for you!  Running almost every day, so much energy!   Yeah, lack of sleep, anxiety, sadness, etc. are all little ways the Queen of Hearts tried to pull you back.  But you told her that she no longer controls your life.  That you are willing to take what she throws at you, knowing that anything in life worth having is worth fighting for!  And you are winning the fight!  Please be sure to find a wonderful reward to celebrate this milestone!  Here's to the next 30 smoke free days, and beyond!
13 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HAPPY DANCE!!!!  I am so proud of you and you are indeed blessed with wonderful writing skills.  I think most of us have felt exactly the way you described it.  So now "run" and get yourself a nice reward, you earned it. 

Keep the Quit
Sparky
13 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The very best Alice. Be proud and build on what you've done one day at a time or five minutes at a time if need be. You're 30 times awesome. Perhaps a reward is in order. breather
13 years ago 0 312 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am sooooo proud of you, Little Miss Alice, you have come along way and not all of it was easy, but you came thru it like a trooper...

Wishing you many many more months of smoke free happiness.

I just envy you so, I wish I would have quit smoking at your age.

Charm

Freedom Meter

Smoke-Free Days: 45
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 911
Amount Saved: $166.50
Life Gained:
Days: 6 Hrs: 8 Mins: 23 Seconds: 12

13 years ago 0 230 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
woo hooo 30 days is awesome!!!!  Well done. 
13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good work, Alice! I'm proud of you and have been happy to see you win your batlles over the last month!

Keep up the good work and keep running!

Tiana, Health Educator
  • Quit Meter

$79,479.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5540 Hours: 21

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

13 years ago 0 150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today, I have been quit for 30 days  This past weekend (including Friday) I spent cooped up in a small cubile at the University writing research papers and despartely trying to find time to work on my thesis (the reason I am in Ontario in the first place).  After suffering from intense cabin fever, I noticed something:  my concentration had returned!  I have long been awaiting its return (30 days) and was so preoccupied that I had not noticed its much welcomed return.  But there it was flipping through text books, absorbing, synthesizing, analyzing, and, at last (trumpet sound), spitting out coherent sentences.  I was starting to get scared that it would never return and that 'smoking' was the only medium to which Concentration and me could be reunited.  I win again Nicodemon

I have also thankfully experienced more energy lately.  I have gone for 28 runs in the past 30 days.  Each run was for a different purpose:  exercise, maintaining weight, fresh air, combatting stress, reuniting with running shoes, healing lungs, controlling anger, running away from life, running towards life, etc, etc.  I would have to say that running has provided the greatest replacement so far in this quit regardless of the reason that ultimately compelled me out the door and onto the pavement.

Unfortunately, my 30 day quit has not always been painted with rainbows and sunshine  It has also been filled with moments of stress, misery, sadness, anger, dullness, emptiness, as well as restless sleeps, stomach aches, headaches, nausea, and self-doubt.  But what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger I guess. 

Thanks for the suppport everyone.  It has helped immensely and has provided me one step closer to Wonderland (freedom) and conquering the Queen of Hearts (nicodemon).

~Alice

Reading this thread: