Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,537 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

6 MONTHS AND CHRISTMAS EVE - WHAT A CELEBRATION!!!!!!!!!

15 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jo, I too am so so proud of you!! listen six months is way too brilliant to ever go back, you're a quitter in the nicest sense of the word!! Well done Jo, enjoy a smoke free Christmas you deserve it!!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 228
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,700
Amount Saved: $3,420.00
Life Gained:
Days: 26 Hrs: 19 Mins: 18 Seconds: 34

15 years ago 0 433 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Smokey Jo, 
I am so super proud of you! You have really shown nerves of steel through your quit. To have done what you have accomplished and at such a young age  is wonderful. Life will be so much better.  You could not have given yourself a better gift.

Hopefully, you will pop back in to read this... I want you to know how much you helped me back in the summer.
I was at my lowest point and you said something very sweet that just kept echoing in my head. Really.  You hadn't been quit for very long and I was at about 100 days and you said that I had done "so well for so very long". Funny how a phrase will resonate but it made me think that yes, I had some days under my belt and could do more, that  it was a lot of days in other's eyes. It touched me deeply and I still remember it. Thank you. Thank you for posting that day.
 See? You didn't even know that, did you? 

You deserve all the joy of the season and more! Congratulations on your best Christmas gift ever!
Here's to six months and many more... a toast! 

xoxo
HP

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/1/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 267
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,408
Amount Saved: $1,537.92
Life Gained:
Days: 32 Hrs: 15 Mins: 8 Seconds: 49

15 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CONGRATULATIONS SM OKEY!

If you haven't found so already, I'm sure that you'll find that the 2nd half of your 1st year quit will be so much easier. enjoy your Christmas and a wonderful smoke-free future!
ED

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 2/13/2006
Smoke-Free Days: 1045
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 31,350
Amount Saved: �8,229.38
Life Gained:
Days: 170 Hrs: 6 Mins: 56 Seconds: 12

15 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Smokey jo Congratulations on 6 months smoke free. An awesome acheivement. Happy Holidays breather 42 Addict 0
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/11/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 42
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,100
Amount Saved: $1,008.00
Life Gained:
Days: 7 Hrs: 16 Mins: 35 Seconds: 6

15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Smokey Jo,

Way to go!  Congrats on 6 smoke-free months, that's fantastic!  It's almost Christmas, hope many rewards are coming your way

Karen, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 145 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great Job non smokie jo,
Wea are so proud of you for a hard job well done. You should be proud of yourself for defeating the most addictive substance known to mankind.
Merry Christmas, Happy smoke free New Year.
Pupikat
ps sorry I missed you the other day my computer went down to a blue screen error.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 146
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,088
Amount Saved: $1,073.10
Life Gained:
Days: 17 Hrs: 5 Mins: 5 Seconds: 33

15 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sounds like you've given yourself the best gift this Christmas!  Six months smoke free!  I hope you have a wonderful reward planned to celebrate!  Congratulations!  Here's to the next six months, and beyond!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 125
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,000
Amount Saved: $1,000.00
Life Gained:
Days: 18 Hrs: 13 Mins: 26 Seconds: 2

15 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Fantastic job NO Smokey jo...you are a winner.  It is a fantastic day when we can look at those cigs and not even flinch..when we can see them for what they really are.

Congrats to you on a job well done!

Kelly

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/6/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 383
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 11,490
Amount Saved: $1,436.25
Life Gained:
Days: 31 Hrs: 5 Mins: 7 Seconds: 13

15 years ago 0 31 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HAPPIE CHRISTMAS EVERYONE, HOPE ITS AN AWESOME SMOKE FREE HOLIDAY FOR YOU ALL!!!

Well I made it to 6 months, yeah, yippee, am sooooo excited to be celebrating tomorrow!!  I dont think I would have made it without you all, so thank you for all your support and heres to the best christmas gift we can give ourselves.....QUITTING!!

Its been tough at times and then a bit tougher and just when you think your thru the worst, bam, it hits you right inbetween the eyes and there comes another craving - or of course the tears (of which there have been many over the last 6m!!) However that all said, to quit smoking was by far the very best descision of my life and 6m on I can, proudly and more importantly confidently state that I am a non smoker....and at long last pick up a packet of cigs, stare them straight in the box and screw them up and tread on them and tell them that I will never flip that lid open again......EVER...NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE!!! THIS IS MY FOREVER QUIT, MY LAST QUIT!!! ha ha ha yippee am sooooo proud of myself!!!!!

MERRY SMOKE FREE XMAS X X X X X SMOKIE JO OR SHOULD I SAY NON SMOKIE JO!!!!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/24/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 182
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,550
Amount Saved: �182.00
Life Gained:
Days: 13 Hrs: 22 Mins: 36 Seconds: 19

Reading this thread: