Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Hell week twice. HELP!

12 years ago 0 792 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great attitude 0117 !
12 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey! Don't give up when a craving hits, you really CAN do anything you want! I am successfully quit for 4 days now and even though I put myself in a couple
trigger situations I found ways to deal with the cravings. If you usually smoke while your driving, stick a motivational message/pic to your dashboard, and keep a stress
ball handy to keep your hand busy. Cranking the good sing alone tunes is also helpful I found cause you can't really smoke and sing at the same time! Avoid the really stressful
triggers (ie. bars) and if you have breaks at work/school I take magazines and scratch tickets so I can stay warm inside and occupy myself. Hope some of these help :) You can do it!
12 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great ideas Eyja! Thank you for sharing!

Anyone else have ideas/ways to cope with cravings?

Samantha, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Kitten; Josie is right; There are lots of things you can do to kick those cravings to the curb! You just have to get through them one at a time - and they get much less as you get further along too! Did you come across Alan Carr's book "The easy way to quit smoking yet?" It helps a lot as it explains the addiction.  How about trying sunflower seeds, cold water, chewing gum, hard candies, go for a walk, take a bath, write down all your reasons why you want to quit, read and post online here - play mind bending computer games to distract you through each crave and just remember NOPE! Not ONE PUFF Ever.  Don't fall that that first puff and it will get easier and easier as the days go on. Rooting for you!  Eyja
12 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kitten,

Strengthen that resolve!

Get yourself ready
Sleep
Relax
Walk
Scream

Being ready is essential, so make a list and choose from it when needed!

Keep pushing forward!

Josie, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh my word.   I had hell week 2 weeks ago. Made a week and then kaboom! Bought a box of smokes and smoked a lot of them before realising that i should stop that right THEN AND THERE.  Now i have to do it again and into day 2 of hell week (second time).  I am on champix.  The pills affect me well andi have no problems with it... but the cravings are so bad today...... I really need some encouragement.  !! Please help!!!

Reading this thread: