Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 7:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Cognitive Exposure

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.751 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,602 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MRITCHEL AMBRIE, DMARY CHRISTINE, DILOIZA MARHYZ, AFRANCESCA, SERI

This sucks every time! Help!!!!!!

16 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So glad that you have returned...This time maybe try not staying away NO MATTER WHAT. Come here at least once a day to keep the "positives" about quitting at the forefront of your mind. Stay away from negative thinking, like how hard quitting is, or how bad you feel while you do it. Think of how good you smell, how good your house and car smells. Have you thought of Chantix, i know a couple of people who have had no problem quitting with that. Whatever it takes, remember, we are always here for you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 83 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,494 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $582.66 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good to have you back, Kristilu. You can relax a bit now that that end-of-year push is over at work and you can think more about your Quit. Yes, practice reducing nicotine by cutting back and when you've made some headway with that then you can think about which method will help you the best ( Chantix or inhaler or patch or gum) and prepare well by working the programme from scratch and by reading Joe Cool's soliloquy (print a copy and tie it to your cigarette pack with a rubber band) and all the other great insightful posts again and again. I had many failed quits where I'd give up and last only a few hours or maybe a half a day only to lose it when I wasn't prepared for the triggers like coffee or a meal or anger or happiness or sex or frustration or .... every damn minute of the day ot was something else. I never listened to my lungs, I ignored the smell on my expensive threepiece suits and the brown stain on my index finger and nail... I never paid any attention to the women who I'd have dinner with who didn't smoke (in the days when one could smoke in a restaurant) and I'd light up before the hors d'oeuvres, after the entree and before and after dessert and then a whole pack while I drank espresso after espresso and cognac after cognac... great catch, wasn't I?? A smoking, inebriated mess in a nice suit... It's all about the focus and the fight and the knowledge before you start the quit that the "loss" is really a gain, Kristi. And that you have friends in here who want to help you all the time and always until you have let the addiction go for good and all.... Patrick (hugs) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,800 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $810.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
16 years ago 0 79 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kristilu, I'm so glad you're back with us. Hang on real tight cuz we've got your back. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/12/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,645 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $405.49 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
16 years ago 0 392 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DL and DEN, Thank you for checking in on me. It is what you think. I can't even say it anymore. I am going to try a new approach this week and see what happens. By new approach, I mean I am going to cut back before I just strip them away from myself. At times I have been able to just go cold turkey, but I guess at this stage I just can't. I joined a gym last week and I start tomorrow , so I'm hoping that will help me too. I had 2 weeks under my belt and then our year end at work hit and my psycho crazy boss and his wife sent me over the edge. Thank you for checking in on me.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/4/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] -100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $-27.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] -23859
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yeah, Kristilu, I wondered where you were when i was out doing some food shopping today - come on back and talk to us... Patrick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 70 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,750 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $787.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
16 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
KRISTI!!!!........Where are you?!?!?!?!? I am a little concerned of your whereabouts! Based on past behaviour, I believe that you are around, just not posting. If you are smoking again, you know that you can still come here. You have nothing to be ashamed of. We are all still here cheering you on and ready to support you. I think you learned that last time.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,458 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $568.62 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
that is the way you quit Kristilu, good for you. You are doing it :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 324 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $567.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great attitude... look at your stats add up.. You are doing an amazing job.. turn the negatives into positives.. I say if we didn't have a bad day now and then ... we wouldn't know the good ones.. Happy (first smoke free) Anniversary [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 697 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $139.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kristilu, look at you go. I am so proud of you! You are showing such a great inner wisdom so early in your quit! Hang on to every word. They will certainly help you through it all! You are a star! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 382 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,550 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4,030.10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 50 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
kristilu that`s great, So nice that you get to celebrate your anniversary being smoke free! Keep up the great work! Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: