Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,560 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Feeling stuck in negative thoughts ??????

16 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, Another day down, renewed with all these words of wisdom and encouragement, and ready to barrel forward. As always , Thanks to you all. Hell Week, Heck week, Blah week. When is Okey-Dokey Week and Alright, Enough Already week ?? Nonic, you hit it on the head with the "walking through mollasses". Even feeling all crappy I had to laugh at that one. Why is it that we know what we need to do, but have to have another give us a push once in a while??? I realized that I'm having a tough time with the Reward thing yet. Aloha, if I remember right, I read an old post from you saying it took you a while to wrap yourself around that idea. I think I don't see myself as a nonsmoker yet. I better change that. Anyway, I kicked the lever in to 1rst gear Bear and off to work I go. I'll check in tonight. I am going to put on the baggiest pair of jeans I have and carry you all around in my back pocket for the next month so make sure you all shower and brush your teeth. Gratitude - Moss [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $42.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Moss power through this FUNK !! is what i always call it, dont loose your quit over it, hang tough. It comes and goes just fight it off and dont dwell on it to much, it does get better DONT GIVE UP :) Tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1945 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 38,900 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,807.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 274 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
  • Quit Meter

$14,596.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 689 Hours: 12

Minutes: 20 Seconds: 34

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1093 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Moss - You are officially in "blah week". I suppose it's called that for a reason, eh? Chin up! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 101 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,030 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $590.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
16 years ago 0 695 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Moss Just hang in there and delay or distract!! Allen Carr has a great book about how to stop smoking with a great attitude. You can Google this book... just a little in sight into the book.. It is great to help motivate.. I read it about the 3rd week of my quit. I keep it handy.......... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 101 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,020 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $303.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
16 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Moss and Welcome! Sounds like you are normal alright. It is what it is and what you are experiencing is just that, normal. Now you know alcohol goes real nicely with smokes and so does taking a vacation, watching movies and the like. I am going to suggest to you that you don't do that anymore until you get well. Stay busy, go to bed early, take aspirins at night to help you sleep, drink bottled water while driving, eat breakfast before you shower or vice versa from your norm. In other words, a temporary change in patterns or other habits is needed. Please say �I can�, sorry, not to be mean, but �I can�t� that is not a word. You have a whole bunch of good people here to help you and I am glad to see that you are stepping up! Good luck, put your mind somewhere else. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 681 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,258 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,745.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 124 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
16 years ago 0 880 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
moss Hello my fellow cerebral quitter. It is tough when you become a prisoner of your own thoughts. I am the original jail house rocker myself. When I begin to experience the world as though I was walking through molasses, I usually rely on my imagination to get the good thinking going again. That generally involves some type of writing, usually melody and rhyme on my old six string...There is nothing better than finding a new progression and then wrapping some words around it like a glove. You sound like a person who has creative interests, perhaps this is the time to express those tendencies...It certainly doesn�t have to be music or words, perhaps a little visionary wandering through the things that make your world a good place to be might do. When all else fails for me, I generally conjure up pictures of the people, places and things for which I am thankful. And maybe just maybe you might find on the list the fact that you have now managed to put the cigarettes away for an extended period of time...Dats a very good one indeed. Mr. Moss I have great faith in you and I know that you will do this...And I think you might well have a mustard seed of faith in yourself as well (oh probably a whole lot more than that)...Keep growing that vision of a smokeless you and eventually you will become it...These are times of transition and it is difficult to experience the addiction as such when you are feeling the full fury of that longing for just one more. But if you wait just one more minute before indulging the desire, one more second before returning to the cycle of addiction, one more millisecond before acting, you will eventually break this thing. I promise you the ghosts will fade into the past like a wisp of smoke, if you just use your imagination... Good luck my friend, you are not alone... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 344 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,320 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,612.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 62 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
  • Quit Meter

$66,664.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1375 Hours: 13

Minutes: 20 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think I remember feeling funky around that time too...the "high" begins to wear off and you are really on the road to recovery. That is what this process is about. Recovering from an addiction. It is not fun, but you CAN do it! I am sure that being stuck in the house doesn't help much. Clean out the basement or a closet, that will keep you busy for a minute. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 330 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,950 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,386.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
and don't forget the rewards...it doesn't have to be big..just something you like that you don't ordinarily do for yourself. You're still in the very early stages of this quitting business, so occasionally it's going to be a bit rough. But it gets so much better. A little exercise thrown in doesn't hurt either (the endorphin thing). And say whatever you want that's positive when you look in the mirror: Aloha looks fabulous today, Wow! I'm so impressed by Blue Cloud's wisdom!, Kelly is just cute as a button in that coconut-topped swimsuit, Look at that Bear and how graceful he is both in and out of the water, Martha, as always, has the knack of hitting the nail on the head with her hammer of humor, Look at that beautiful Sue with her rosy oxygen-filled complexion!, How did we get so lucky to have that gorgeous nurse Danielle as our health educator?!, and Mossman, what a freakin gorgeous quitter you are! Just a few suggestions ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 257 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,280 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,747.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 35 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Moss after 35 years of driving for a living some times you just gotta kick those mothers into gear and thats all it takes and I just know you've got what it takes. ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 259 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,662 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,590.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 59 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
16 years ago 0 1151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey moss, First - congrats on nearly 16 Days. It may not feel like it this minute but that is an incredible accomplishment! You are doing a wonderful thing. Some people experience a form of grief during the early stages of the quit when it becomes real that this is [i]really[/i] how life will be - smokefree. Cigarettes filled in for a lot of things in our lives and taking them away altogether can be kind of shocking. Not unlike grief. This may or may not be the case for you but it is good that you posted and reached out. I'm sure you will be helping other people who may not want to post themselves. I can't say how long this will last but know that it isn't always like this and better days are ahead. Once you get through this tunnel you'll be so glad to have stayed smokefree. Your FOO_FOO and your mojo will come back, keep the faith :8|: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/5/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1216 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 24,320 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5,472.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 92 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
  • Quit Meter

$37,030.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 640 Hours: 11

Minutes: 51 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: