Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,559 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Feeling stuck in negative thoughts ??????

16 years ago 0 880 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
moss Glad to see that you are getting the good vibe going again. This really is a roller coaster and sometimes on the low bends we can't quite see the horizon. However, I promise you it does exist. Fact of the matter is we never needed to smoke in the first instance. We jsut chose to and now, we of the emotive smoker class, think that cigarette smoking is some kind of therapy session. Well sadly we have used it to smooth out those emotional highs and cusion the emotional lows. Having said that did it ever occur to you that cigarettes never did a thing for our emotional homeostasis? Imagine if you will for a moment that it is not the cigarette that helps us through the emotional mind fields, it is the fact that we rewarded ourselves with a cigarette everytime the sadness of the external world overcame our internal sensibilities...Therefore it is the reward itself that we desire, and that does not have to be in the form of a cigarette...And that is why rewards are such an integral part of the process of breaking the addiction cycle for good. So glad to see you have made it through another transition...Stay with us write often, I promise it will help you through... nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 347 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,410 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,643.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 63 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$66,664.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1375 Hours: 12

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I ran across a Wazz post 4-5 days ago. Moss [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 270 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $47.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
16 years ago 0 1151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I wondered about Wazz too, Tresa. Maybe he'll pop back in sometime... Moss, glad to hear you are back in the game. Almost three weeks! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/5/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1219 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 24,380 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5,485.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 93 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
  • Quit Meter

$37,030.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 640 Hours: 11

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Moss good morning, iam glad you are getting through it , i know how hard it can be, but if you want it just keep getting through it, the quit was very hard for me and as i look back still not sure how i did it, but iam really gratful i did, and one day you will be to, just HANG TOUGH, keep doing what your doing,, GOOD JOB Moss. Did we loose Wazz along the way , i havent seen him Have a good day Tresa+=Five years, three months, four weeks, one day, 2 hours, 1 minute and 59 seconds. 38941 cigarettes not smoked, saving $5,841.38. Life saved: 19 weeks, 2 days, 5 hours, 5 minutes. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1947 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 38,940 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,814.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 274 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
  • Quit Meter

$14,596.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 689 Hours: 11

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 13

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Selfish and grumpy quitter Mercy. I seem to have rode that storm out. I read the "Embrace the Void" post that somebody bumped up. Brilliant!! I think there was quite a bit of that going on those few rough days. This is the first time I ever made it past a couple days so all these phases are quite a surprise. I seem to have gotten some of my WOOO-HOOO back. Have been reading, writing, thinking, and getting on with it. I believe it's time to switch focus and stay on guard. Gratitude, Moss Have been having some really great dreams, but that's another thread. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 270 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $47.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
16 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's really easy to lose sight of the reason we quit. In general we humans tend to be a "selfish" breed. We love instant "satisfaction"!!..(and gradification) Good things take time. Smoking is one of the most selfish things we can do....but SO IS QUITING. The quit is all about us....and smoking is all about us. Kind of a parodox isn't it. So...which kind of a selfish person will you be?....a selfish smoker...or selfish quitter. LOL LOL Just a different perspective. Your doing an awesome job!!!..really awesome Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 318 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,421.46 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
oh, btw....going to visit my own mossman this weekend as my latest reward..... well, him and stevie wonder ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 258 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,320 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,754.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 36 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mossman Yes, it took me a while to get into the reward thing...well, except for the spoonfuls of peanut butter early on ;) Now I've goten into it big time! I bumped up a thread called Rewards, Nicotine, and the Brain that explains why it's so important. You're doing great. Even if you were smoking you'd sometimes have funky days. One of these days soon the clouds will part and the sun will shine down on you again. So get ready to smile :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 258 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,320 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,754.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 36 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Exercise helps boost the mood, or try listening to your favorite music. For me it was and still is quiet, peaceful silence. Just being still so you can catch your breath from living helps boost my mood! All these things pass and soon you will be feeling so good! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 275 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,875 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,901.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
There's a - Funk Week - too?? :8o: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $42.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25

Reading this thread: