Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

day 3 hell...

16 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on day 3, I also quit cold turkey. It can get hard, but you have to stick with it........ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $35.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
16 years ago 0 97 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thanks for the good replys good I really appreciate so far day 3 has good been and a lot better then yesterday i'm just doing some of the things you guys have told me to do and they are working really well :) I had one crave today but I just took my mind off it and it only lasted a few minutes. Just 4 more days to go till hell week is over woot :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4.31 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
16 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Boldinaz - give yourself a big pat on the back for getting this far - this is great. On my day 3 I felt just like you and [url=http://sg.stopsmokingcenter.net/support/viewmessages.aspx?topic=38110&forum=5&forumname=Coping+with+Cravings&topictitle=I+have+just+one+thing+to+say...]I started a thread I could yell into every time it got really rough[/url] Give it a go - in fact do anything you need to do to get through the moment (except smoke) - it DOES get easier - infact I can't remember the point at which things got easier - but they did and I don't really crave now - mainly they are just irritating thoughts. Just hang in there - you will be so glad you did - and we are all here to help you through those bad days :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 570 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �95.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
16 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great job, Yes.. the first three days are the hardest. If you can do those days...you can do the rest that are ahead of you. Keep you mind off cigarettes. We can control our minds too. Do everything you use to do. There isn't one thing you have to give up in your life....but cigarettes. Just cigarettes....nothing else. Give yourself a nice reward. Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 189 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,780 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $844.83 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
16 years ago 0 1160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are doing great, three whole days, I was there not so long ago and I know how you feel. IT WILL GET BETTER. I was told that too.!! wasn't sure I believed it but now I do. Those first days are Hell and the second week is not much better. For me it was day 20 that gave me some relief. Now I'm thinking 20 days of Hell was worth the last 5 days I have felt good. Keep fighting. You will get better. [color=Blue]BLUE CLOUD[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 500 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $100.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
16 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you boldinaz! Keep that committment not to smoke. There is no such thing as an addict having "just one". It will escalate from there; maybe not right away, but if you have the attitude that you can have "just one", that attitude will eventually get the better of your quit. I know, I yo-yoed for 2 years! It was hell. Now, i have the attitude that smoking is absolutely NOT an option, for any reason. You can do this..hell week will be over before you know it and your stats will start adding up. Congratulations on making this life changing decision. new me [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,536 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $320.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi bold Good for you! Take a look at some of the threads with Junkie in the title...maybe they will help. It is tough, but if you smoke now the temporary relief, if that is what you want to call it, will not last. You'll feel like crap and wish you hadn't done it. And then you will have nicotine back in your body. Breathe, buddy, drink lots of water, sleep if you can, take a hot shower or bath. You will get through this. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 129 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $877.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
16 years ago 0 97 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey guys i'm on my 3rd day of my cold turkey quit attempt and I wont have a cig today but man is my whole body feeling strange right now... i'm sweating alot and just feel really anxious about anything and all in the back of my mind is that if I have one cig it will go away but i've made it 3 days so far and that is when tabacoo is suppose to get out of your system so I will not cave in since I made it past the 3 day hurdle which has not been easy... but i'm just trying to take it one day at a time and one crave at a time. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4.31 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48

Reading this thread: