Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,540 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Negative Thought...

17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Can you elaborate on "heck week", ie "oh, what the heck, "oh, who cares" "oh, it doesn't matter". I sort of feel heck in with all those other things too - do you 2Tone? Anyone else? It's interesting how we're all experiencing things quite similarly. Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 178 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $37.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
Oh do I ever feel the same way 2Tone. I feel strong one minute and moody the next. I feel excitement that I went through 6 days (5)? I'm now forgetting (but it's been without anything but under 5 cigs since December 24). I sat all day in work listening to a co-worker cry about a new employee who is too pretty and may steal her husband (??????). I had to play mediator between the two women (I'm 44, they 42 and 37 respectively). Gosh, I wanted to go buy a cigarette so badly. I wanted to scream. I'm glad I can come her to blow off steam or everyone will hate the *new* me. Sort of like that LOL? I hope I go back and read replies that it gets better! Right there with you. Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 178 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $37.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
N2K, that poem has me both laughing and crying! Gosh I just want to go home to my family. Maire
17 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
And just think.... tomorrow is a Tuesday. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 89 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15.44 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks N2k - Yep. You got it right. I have the 'Blahs'. I am also feeling tired, lonely, bored, AND hungry. Add angry in there. Luckily, I've never had problems with depression, that's why this is ticking me off so much. I get more daily exersize than most people I know, so that's not the problem. You're also right in that I am starting to forget why I quit and I am beginning to 'romance the cigarette'. I just need to get through this week (or so). IMO, this has been tougher than Hell week for me. Quitting was easy. Staying quit through these weeks is the tough part. Thanks for the wake up. Just tell me when I'll quit scowling at everyone :mad: . Peace. -- 2tone [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 386 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $71.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$357,658.88

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9150 Hours: 23

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 25

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Mmmmm - Phil may be onto something. If I got my wife to leave me alone, next, maybe the kids and then, who knows? Dare I say the in-laws? Thanks, all. I'm just not used to being a miserable SOB. But, I'll take it over smoking. Hey, I nearly snapped my boss's head off the other day (he hasn't talked to me since, either). See? It's all good... :) Peace. -- 2tone [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 399 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $77 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
  • Quit Meter

$357,658.88

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi everyone - I've tried to be an active member of this discussion group since I joined about a month ago. I try to read through all of the posts, I try to remember everyone (man, there's a lot of new members), and I try to post as much as I can. I'm coming up on two weeks and the glamour of not smoking is quickly wearing off for me. I don't really have any cravings. I just keep trying to rationalize going back to smoking. I've been having nightmares like crazy (at least 3 different ones a night), and I've not been a very nice person, lately. Even my wife, although she supports my quit, don't really want to be around me lately (I think the dog is starting to hang out in the other room, too). Is this two week phase...normal? How long do I go through this misery? How about some of you old-timers out there? I don't see me getting over this part anytime soon, especially during this lovely time of year :( Although I truly hate this time of year, I usually just breeze through it, anyway...is it time to call my doc? What do you guys think? Am I losing it? -- 2tone [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 384 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $71.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
  • Quit Meter

$357,658.88

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
2tone - Quitting was a roller coaster ride for me. When the days were good, I enjoyed every minute of them. When the days were bad, I did ride the waves. I do remember feeling depressed and soooooo tired around week 3. There were times when the initial excitement of the quit wore off and the blahs would come back again. It has been so important for me to add rewards to my journey and to change my routine. I exercise almost daily now and I'm starting to get excited about healthy food choices (don't ask me why - i always thought this stuff was pretty boring before) It's strange because I was really sad on Sunday and I was "craving" the gym. I knew it would make me feel better. Your life will change in the way that is right for you.....just look at what you want and start to make it part of you life. All the best Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 119 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,398 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $595 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is really a great post! My quit date is 3 days away, albeit with Zyban, and I needed to be reminded of the 2 to 3 week blahs. I've been there, and had a hard time handling them. Some really great support here, 2tone. You'll make it through this. Somehow it helps knowing others are experiencing exactly what you are, and that this actually is normal. This too shall pass. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
2tone Nothing unusual mate I had it all and it gets better I was unsafe to drive for a couple of weeks ROAD RAGE! Wife is speaking to me again (Is that a benefit?) Keep going Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 154 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,238 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �808.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24

Reading this thread: