Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,545 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Is being consumed with quitting common on day 1?

17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Phil! I'm looking forward to that boat ride, Century Beach sounds like an awesome place. Check it out, I did 24 hours. I have stats. This feature alone could keep me going, my husband asked me to please shut up at 1am. He's doing well, though broke down on the highway right now and due home and I'm off to work. Work is the hardest part. I do well enough at home......I'm armed with tea, crackers and I'll stop off and get some hard candies. I want to be nuts like you LOL. Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 39 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
Thank you so much!!! DAY ONE LOL. Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
I've been here almost all day reading and I just want to see if anyone out there was consumed with the thoughts of how to NOT smoke day 1, dreaming into 3 months, etc., etc. That's all I've done today, though I started this journey on December 24th. This is my real day one though. Also, if anyone can guide me, I'm not sure which board to post on. The craving and withdrawal boards seems quite similar to me. Is this a post that belongs on the withdrawal board? Thanks in advance. Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Thank you SO MUCH N2K. That was a very kind and thoughtful reply and another I'm saving into the journal I started today. Wow, the way you put it is astounding. I WAS 30 cigs a day for 30 years, I don't even want to know what million that is. Thank you for the tip on active discussions. I am humbled by the support here. Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I probably need to write a rent check, as well. Every day I say I'm going to get something done, and I do a little, and then drift back here. Maybe I think sitting here all the time will get me to the beach faster! I'm really going for a walk though in a while. Maybe that will uncloud my head a little. BTW... watched someone at work this morning smoke a cig... told him it smelled kind of good, but I didn't want one, and walked away. Felt good! Hang in there! We can hang out here together! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 46 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7.72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Freedom: Look at you -- day 2!!!! How about that??!! It sounds like you're doing all the right things for yourself and most importantly, are truly committed to your quit. You'll get the century beach yet! One warning, though: Are you SURE you want to be nuts like Phil? Keep the faith [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 88 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,545 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $704 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was here so much my first month 1/2 that I almost wrote a rent check to the moderator's......too much is never enough!!!! Stay close...it definately helps get you through! Kaiti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,286 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $319 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dont wory about where you post we will find you if you need us.You will be on the boat in 50 days and you will see some of us there I am waiting on the beach for you........ Just to explain The boat leaves at 50 days Arrive at the beach at 100 days (Century Beach) Oh and it will get better on a Tuesday dunno which one....but it's always a Tuesday mine was December 26th mark off every Tuesday in your diary to remind you to check...... See what not smoking has done for me? How sane I am?? Seriously you will be fine just keep busy and keep your sense of humour! Phil (UK) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 149 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,132 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �782.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
By the way, sounds like a very good and determined sign. Your will to quit is greater than your will to smoke (Healers words).
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Freedom... Try posting this on this forum "Forum for New Users & General Discussion". You can copy/paste this thread into a new one on that forum. I think you will get more responses there as well. Say day one!

Reading this thread: