Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Nekkid...........

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I gotcha. Thanks for explaining. Do you remember how long the cravings lasted when you cut back each time? If so, maybe it will be the same type of experience. I don't know, I'm not there yet. Let me know. But whatever you do ... hang in there ... and don't give up that great quit you have going on. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 535 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $68 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
  • Quit Meter

$54,500.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 20

Minutes: 54 Seconds: 48

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
When you went from 21 to 14 did you have any cravings? When you went from 14 to 7 did you have any cravings? Now you have gone from 7 to 0, right? I noticed you are on day 68. Isn't your patch program a 70 day program? I am using the patch as well. Are there different programs for different patches? I'm a little confused. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 525 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $68 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
  • Quit Meter

$54,500.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 20

Minutes: 54 Seconds: 48

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Luci-Lou, Well Done on your quit so far! I quit using the patches and hardly noticed when I stopped wearing them. Did you drop the dosage in stages? - for example I was 4 weeks on 21mg, 4 weeks on 14mg and 2 weeks on 7mg I was worried about coming off the patches, until I got some reassurance from others on this site that it wasn't a big deal, otherwise I might have had a physcological problem in 'going it alone' Hope this helps in some way - Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 105 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,164 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �787.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Your doing great! Hang on! You should be free of craves after 3-5 days but I didn't do the patch so I am not sure what you will experience! HOLD ON....its only temporary. You have made it this far, don't turn back now! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 290 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Luci-Lou, I was on the patch for three weeks but couldn'tt stand the rash and also found it made my blood pressure go up so I quit and didn't notice a thing. I guess its different for everyone but seems to be a psycological sp. thing. Go back to your basic coping skills and goo luck. Post if you need help judy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 85 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,223 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $170 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Luci Congratulations on 68 days. You will know the triggers and the pitfalls of your character the best. I know for me that while I used the patch in former quits I craved huge all the time. I had a hard time finding what to satisfy the craves with and I simply armed myself with lots of mouth ammunition. Hot gum, breath strips (I liked cinnamon) and salt water taffy cause its chewy. I have not been able to handle the second hand smoke. Where I live there is no smoking in the bars, pubs, restaurants and I have a hard time getting past the ring of smokers huddled aroung the door. You are doing great reward yourself for each and every victory no matter how you judge it. Stay Strong - Stay Quit Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 101 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,030 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $757.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 189 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've been patch-free since Saturday morning, and I'm craving like MAD! This is the point where I went back to smoking last time... So far I have resisted all opportunities to smoke...like Saturday evening while drinking with a smoking friend, and today at work where a couple of my friends are smokers... Can anyone who quit using the patch tell me approximately how long these crave-days last? I'm having a hard time here... Smogfree Shamrock Lucy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,710 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $612 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 189 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm getting through the day one minute at a time...I just can't wait for the day to come when I finally 100% do not want a cigarette AT ALL!!! Casey - thanks, I'm using the coping mechanisms Pammisue - my mother and a few of my closest friends smoke, so it's not always possible to stay away from 2nd hand smoke...sometimes I get cravings around it and sometimes I don't, which is wierd...and trust me, I KNOW that there's no such thing as "just one" (though I often wish there was!!) Mr Ed and Breaking Free - Yes, I dropped the doses in stages, yes I had cravings when I did so...I think I did 4 weeks on stage 1, then like 3 or 4 weeks on stage 2, then like 3 or 4 weeks on stage 3...I'm not sure exactly how many weeks I was on each stage because I was "trying" to quit smoking for a few weeks prior to my actual quit date...so I would put on the patch then take it off and smoke when I got what I felt was a large crave, and tell myself I'd quit for sure tomorrow... grandma - I wish I didn't notice a difference! Nascarfan - I'm holding, I'm holding............. Riverdale Man - I noticed in a thread earlier that you're in or close to TO, which is where I work...I hang out with some of those smoking huddles, and it IS hard sometimes!! Lucy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,717 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $612 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Luci Lou, I've been quit for a long time and I used this site to help me but I haven't been around in a while. I accidentally came here today and cause there is a reason for everything, decided it was because of you. I also quit smoking while using the patch. The first few days after the patch is completely gone, there is a little withdrawal and some of it may even be phycological. I wanted to tell you that being around the second hand smoke as you mentioned in your post, really creates a craving. You are absorbing some of that second hand smoke and it is making you want more. Try to avoid it as much as possible. I don't ever want to smoke again and I've been quit so long now that I rarely think of it BUT if I'm hit with a dose of second hand smoke to this day it creates a little bit of a craving. Recognize it for what it is and then move on. Hope this helps. :) Stay strong and remember...there is no such thing as ONE cigarette...one is too many and a thousand isn't enough. Two years, six months, one week, two days, 9 hours, 10 minutes and 41 seconds. 27641 cigarettes not smoked, saving $4,837.04. Life saved: 13 weeks, 4 days, 23 hours, 25 minutes. Pammisue [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/20/2003 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 921 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 27,644 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4605 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 107 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
  • Quit Meter

$31,422.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 889 Hours: 20

Minutes: 10 Seconds: 25

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: