Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Champix- absolutely amazing but completely sick HELP!!

12 years ago 0 74 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, please check with your doctor, they may be able to suggest something else that will help. Just so you know, I am also taking Chantix, and I also am experiencing some of the same symptoms, but it sounds like you are struck harder. I found that if I eat a small, real food meal and not just a snack before taking the pill and then follow up with a few saltine crackers about 10 minutes later, it seems to help decrease the nausea. I hope this helps you as well. :~) DeniseK
12 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
check with your dr First, but i found that after taking for a few weeks or so, i could decrease the dose by half and the benefit only decreased slightly (realizing i'd gone for hours w/o thinking of a cig). Taking only 1 pill a day, before bed, made a Huge difference in nausea. Moniter how you feel, tho, half dose may not work well for all, and i had to have full dose in my system for a couple of weeks before dropping. There's always a way to work with, work around, over, under, or through, if it's worth doing & you want it bad enough, & as long as you keep trying, it's only a matter of time before you find what works for you.
12 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi 0117,

It is important to take the pill after a meal and with water which is sounds like you are doing.  A good idea would be to talk to your doctor or pharmacist regarding this.

Members, any suggestions?

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello everyone,

I have been taking Champix and it works so well. I have quit with many different methods before but nothing works so well as this little pill.
Only problem is, I get horribly nausous every time  I take it. I always eat and drink lots of water when I take it, and it does not help. It is
so bad that I sometimes feel the need to pull over on the side of the road on my way to work. Any advice or tips to help get past this would
be greatly appreciated!!

Reading this thread: