Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

6 days, 18 hours and 29 minutes until next achievement

12 years ago 0 361 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all,
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally.( Machiavelli) .
So I think if I do finally I'll be a fool so I'm here today with new hope to do it and I'll ,this advice goes to me and any one read this and think about quit smoke don't do it finally..  
12 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Machiavelli!!!

It has been a really long, hard struggle for you these last few years!  I understand how you feel, as I, too, went through MANY attempts to quit!  I would try and fail, over and over again from the age of 25 to over the age of 50!!!  SO, please keep this in mind and do not be too hard on yourself!  You deserve better than that!

Do keep thinking about quitting!  The day will come when you will want your quit MORE than you want to smoke!  It may take a few more years or it may take many!  The thing is, don't ever tell yourself that you will never be able to quit!  It may take the death of a good friend or relative to make you realize that you really want to quit or it may take just getting sick and tired of smoking and paying a helluva lot of money just to support the nico-demon.  Believe me, there WILL be a day that you WILL want to quit more than you want to smoke!!!  When that day comes, we will be here with arms open wide to help you win your battle!

Do keep in touch and let us know if there is anything that we can do for you, buddy!!!

Jim 
  • Quit Meter

$44,310.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1060 Hours: 12

Minutes: 40 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

12 years ago 0 792 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Mach ! We know how you feel. We all went through it. Thing you just can't go on that you must have a cigarette just one. The problem as you well know is that there is no "just one". Mach you just have to believe that it WILL get better , that if you just stop putting nicotine in any form into your body, your body and mind will begin to change and there will come a time, and it's much sooner than you think, that you will no longer require cigarettes you will rarely even think of them. They will become part of your distant past. Something you used to do. It is true Mach. Just ask any of the veteran quitters here it has happened to ALL of them.
12 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Okay Mach.  You will have to do what works for you.  I am sorry to hear that you feel low and defeated and angry though!  I hope you can find your way to feeling better about yourself as a good person, instead of beating yourself up about having a bad habit!  Please know that you don't waste anyone's time here either!  Everyone who posts support to you does so of their own free will because we want to!  It will be a great thing one day when you find the key to this bad habit and come to post your ongoing success!  We'll be cheering for you when you do : )
If you can just remember Not One Puff Ever and find a way to stick to that acronym like contact cement, you'll do it!  In the meantime, take care Mach :)  
I wanna thank everyone for the unlimited support but smoke hold me I think I can't getaway from it I'm so weak I fell lonely low defeated and anger ,in short I didn't want to west anyone time but thir is something in side of me say every day you can do it man it can be done so Evey day I wake up I stare quit and between you and me it so bad felling so bad to smoke again any way when this voice in side of me stop I'll quit quitting and live with felling that I do my beast and I can't do it ,so I wanna thank everyone who post a post here for me THANKS..    
12 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Machiavelli!!!

Stay strong good buddy!!!  Stick close and post if you need assistance!  We are all here to support you!

Jim 
  • Quit Meter

$44,310.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1060 Hours: 12

Minutes: 40 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Machiavelli,

Great to see you back with SSC!  Congrats on your quit - take it one day at a time.  As Eyja said, brace yourself if a craving arises.  What strategies will you use this time to avoid smoking?

Stay strong!  We're here for you.

12 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Not ONE PUFF EVER - Ever - Ever!   Just try that bud and it will work for your this time.  That's the (only) secret!  It really works as long as you can catch yourself before you take that 'fatal' puff!  Go for it Mach - we're cheering for you!   Eyja
Hi
I just smoke the last one I'll quit cold turkey this time I'm gonna do it..
This is my final quit & I can do this.

Reading this thread: