Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,544 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

6 days, 18 hours and 29 minutes until next achievement

12 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Mach!!!

Go Buddy Go!!!   You can do this!!!   Throw those cigarettes away for good this time and don't look back!!!  I repeat, you can do this!!!  Yell if you need a helping hand, OK???

Jim 
  • Quit Meter

$44,310.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1060 Hours: 13

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 53

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

12 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good job! day two down- they'll soon be piling up behind you- keep up your great positivity and your focus too.
12 years ago 0 361 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Day 2 is end .
12 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Machiavelli!!!

You  CAN  do this, but Penitent is right!  Your desire to quit has to be your top priority!!!  You have to want your freedom more than anything else in the world and do what ever it takes to achieve your goal!  Without that commitment, your chances of failure is very high!  Some have said that not smoking that one cigarette when you are really craving one will  NOT  kill you!!!  On the other hand, continuing to smoke  WILL  eventually do that!!!

I noticed that you have completed Milestone 1 - 4 in the Program so far.  I recommend going through the remaining 2 Milestones in the Program!!!  Maybe working through those steps will give you the knowledge to finally succeed on your journey to freedom!!!  Stick close and let us know how we can assist you further!!!

Keep telling yourself that you CAN do this!!!  A Positive Mental Attitude will really help!!!

Jim 
  • Quit Meter

$44,310.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1060 Hours: 13

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 53

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

12 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Machiavelli,

I think your desire to smoke is greater than your desire to quit.

Perhaps you should take a timeout from quitting and spend some time on you and what you want in your life. And by all means smoke while you are planning your future, whether that future be as a smoker or a non-smoker. Life is too short for you to spend so much time agonizing over quitting.

If you really want to quit, you will, but only when you are ready.

All The Best
Penitent

• Quit Meter

$56,848.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1126 Hours: 0

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 49

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

12 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What's making you sorry Machiavelli?

If you had a slip it's ok.  Learn from it and get right back to it!
Ashley, Health Educator
sorry
Thank you Vincenza and Brenda for the suggestions,....I'm 12hourz smoke free now . 
12 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Got to stay distracted, Machivelli, during those first few days. Exercise. You can look-up exercise for the legs, backs, abs, biceps, triceps, etc. on the Internet. I briskly walk up and down the stairs in my apartment building (10 flights) a few times for cardio and to build leg muscles. I found out years ago that I could not exercise and smoke on the same day. You can sleep more, too.  Visit nonsmoking friends. Take yourself out to eat; balance that with more exercise. Take soothing baths.
12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Machiavelli,

Great to see you are determined to quit!   You can do it - with help from members on this forum and preparing for the times that are most challenging for you.

Read through other posts on this website, learn from others challenges and successes and use the Program to walk you through the quitting process.  

Post often with us to let us know how you're doing!

Reading this thread: