Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,537 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Returning from Mars!

13 years ago 0 312 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I can only think of one:

"I will only smoke when I am by myself at home." "That only lasted about a day."

Charm

Freedom Meter

Smoke-Free Days: 43
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 878
Amount Saved: $159.10
Life Gained:
Days: 6 Hrs: 2 Mins: 42 Seconds: 54
13 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sounds worse when you say them out loud!!

This is a great motivator!

Print it and fridge it!

Josie, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Here are a couple
At my age the damage has already been done so why quit---who made me God I don't know.

I way to much stress in my life----funny smoking only adds to it.

Just to have one so I can relax a little-------- N.O.P.E.

Thanks for the reminder----I smell good today

Keep the Quit
Sparky
13 years ago 0 150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am desperately trying to find the energy to write a research paper due this Monday and my mind seems to be drifting into outer space instead.  While stationed on Mars, I have been remembering all the stupid things I said and believed as a smoker. 
1. “I am just one of the few people on this earth that actually enjoys smoking.”
2. “I just have an addicted personality.  Therefore, I was destined to smoke”
3. “It makes me run faster in the winter.  While the rest of the non-smokers are painfully whimpering from breathing in the cold air, my lungs are strong and resilient from the years of smoking.”
4. “I love smoking because it is the one thing that is my secret.”
5.  “A study reported that smokers in post-secondary education are on average smarter than non-smokers.  Thus, if I want to remain an honors student I must continue to smoke.” 

These may seem funny but I honestly believed or, at times, said them out loud.  Here is my response to these statements:
1. Nobody enjoys smoking.  It’s disgusting.
2. No one is destined to smoke.  Some people are just unfortunate to have tried smoking in the first place.
3. I cannot even dignify this one with a response.
4. I hated being a closet smoker.  I was always panicking that someone was going to see me smoking.  I was so paranoid that I rarely enjoyed my smoke.  In addition, the guilt of not telling my family was horrible.
5. This study I swear was produced by the major Tobacco companies!  And, I for one have a hard time believing that smart people smoke.  That is an oxymoron if I ever heard one.

Does anyone have any to add?

~Alice

Reading this thread: