Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,540 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

When??

14 years ago 0 597 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rock is right---lot's of folks boarding the cruise ship in the very near future!  Might have to cut out the midnight buffet so it can stay afloat   Just joking, just joking.
Sparky, I'll explain bush hogging if you tell me exactly what a rhubarb is!  Is it that pink, celery looking thing?  The tractor pulls a peice of equipment behind it in a field or pasture to knock down tall grass, small bushes and trees forming.  Still raining here with some flooding.  I gripe when it rains too much, and also when it doesn't...

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/22/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 201
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 8,040
Amount Saved: $1,608.00
Life Gained:
Days: 22 Hrs: 15 Mins: 13 Seconds: 4

• Quit Meter

$52,400.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 741 Hours: 5

Minutes: 5 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 802 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning Sparky.  I hope today will be another good day for you.  
Keep putting one foot in front of the other, and be proud of who you are and what you're accomplishing.  You're doing great - keep it up! 

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/3/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 490
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 9,800
Amount Saved: $3,724.00
Life Gained:
Days: 53 Hrs: 11 Mins: 57 Seconds: 28

15 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Morning Sparky.
I didn't think about smoking yesterday until after I ate dinner.  I miss those puffs most of all.  But I said N.O.P.E. and thought about all the friends here that got me this far.  How was your day?

Ok......I'm buying you you're first ice mocha latte!!  I'm not lking at your outfit either.....nice straw hat.......   Probly goes good with those big girl panties.......LMAO
Whatever it takes!!!  That's our motto!  9 days and you'll be cruisin'.....along with helpin' a bunch with your positive mental attitude (PMA not PMS)........and I'm not going there either.... 

I'm changing my "Keep the Quit" to "Keeping the Quit".  Change with me it feels good saying it that way!!..

Keeping the Quit
cooookies
Bob

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 100
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,000
Amount Saved: $420.00
Life Gained:
Days: 20 Hrs: 23 Mins: 12 Seconds: 35

15 years ago 0 880 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky

You will do this.  I know it is difficult, but the goal is very important.  I wish that an addiction could be finished with a word, but you and I know that that is not true.  The good news is that I know it is possible and knowing that a thing is possible gives us hope.  Use that hope in your own special way to over come the need.  Soon you will find that the need is a want and the difference between a need and a want will help you get over this current temptation and all that will follow.

Stay well and always know that there are many many people who are on your side.

stay well

nonic 

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/25/2006
Smoke-Free Days: 864
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 25,920
Amount Saved: $9,072.00
Life Gained:
Days: 164 Hrs: 21 Mins: 30 Seconds: 49

• Quit Meter

$66,601.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1374 Hours: 6

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky,

The pie sounds like a delicious reward!

Keep up the great work!

Sarah, Health Educator
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
MMMMMMMMMMMMMM....smells great!
Can I have a virtual slice of it? With the virtual calories,of course!
Marivi
You are really preparing for your cruise!!! Shop for a yellow polka dot bikin!!! I bet the color works wonders with your skin
color!
And please don't forget the sunscreen! we need no wrinkles. If we don't get sunscreen, we will have to shop for some filler with the dermatologist. That could be my next reward! I'm thinking my poor huby won't be able to support my nonsmoking lifestyle!(LOL)
hAVE A GREAT EVENING sPARKY!
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 103
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,545
Amount Saved: $154.50
Life Gained:
Days: 11 Hrs: 18 Mins: 53 Seconds: 59

15 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WINDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you, I miss you please come around more often.  This group needs to get to know you

Thanks guys, I guess when I read your responses I must have more negativity than I realize.  I just got back from a walk and reminded myself the I was a non-smoker, that I was a good person, so on and so on.  All good thoughts, yeah!!

Marivi, you are to much (HUG))  I thought I would get a bikini and a long shirt to wear over it and buy some crocks and a straw hat.  Then go an buy some plastic flowers and some ribbon and decorate the crocks and hat.  LOL  Oh, I will need BIG sunglasses.  Treasa, I will bring my big girl panties with me, thanks for the reminder.  MM I not going to mess this up I want to finally party with you and Windy and Jan.  Bob, no diet coke please , could I have an ice mocha latte?

It has been a good day.  I made a rhubarb pie today, want some?

Keep the Quit
Sparky

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 40
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 400
Amount Saved: $80.00
Life Gained:
Days: 5 Hrs: 20 Mins: 32 Seconds: 25

15 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky Sparky Sparky - Keep the faith...You are going to do this!  I have no idea when the dirty rotten cravings went away...as far as the smoking thoughts...I imagine they are there for a long time...the great thing is that they become just that - passing thoughts. 

Its funny that I still think of myself as a Smoker sometimes...I get angry when people are critical and dont understand how difficutlt this addiction is. 

I think that maybe the most important thing for me was to change my lifestyle.  At first I flipped it upside down (I went to bed early all the time...especially social events, avoided people that smoked, did lots of activities that didnt match with smoking - ie visiting non-smoking friends, gym, church, shopping, etc.)  Some things I still dont do but alot of those activities associated with smoking are now back in my life as non-smoking activities.

I guess it was easier to change my behaviour than to change my thoughts.  Eventually, my thoughts followed along.

You will do this! We love you!  Keep strong....

Windy

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 9/11/2006
Smoke-Free Days: 968
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 24,200
Amount Saved: $6,776.00
Life Gained:
Days: 96 Hrs: 20 Mins: 56 Seconds: 59

15 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sparky
I know that you have a hard time around this stage of your quit. What about changing your routine a bit? That can help. And talking to yourself is great too. I did it during my first mointh. I was caught saying NOPE in the bathroom,shouting is the exact word. And I felt great.
I'm an opinionated person, so when I feel the urge I just say: I don't want to do it, I wont do it because I say so!
I know it is kind of silly, maybe a little dumb, but it works for me.
I felt depressed at the beginning of my second month. Believe me, in my 50 years that was my first time, or at least the first time I can recall. My negative feelings go towards anger, not depression. I was deeply disturbed because I couldn't control it. I don't know how to manage it. I just bought the SAM-E vitamin supplement and it began to wash away. I'm a gregarious person and I didn't want to see or call my friends. It doesn't help that my husband is kind of shy and introspect, and to tell you the truth a little deppresive and negative.
I even told hum: O>K> Your clown has left town; I don't want to make you laugh or go out or have fun; I hate that. I don't want to be the optimist,the want to cheer you up! As of today I will be like you are, so now it's your turn to get me out of this black hole!
He was really scared. I posted here and I vent. I reach out to a friend, I cried with her, and that sadness washed away gradually!
I think there is something in our brain chemistry that gets out of whack. It has to be physical. I didn't want to smoke when I was feeling that way. The tought of having a cigarrette was not in my mind or in my plans. It was plain sadness. But deep sadness.
     But I know that you have learned from your previous experiences. Proof is that you are posting, and showing great knowledge of your addiction. You expected this, and you are confronting your toughts. That is a great reaction to an adverse
situation.
You don't need to smoke. You don't want to smoke cause It will make you feel miserable. I know it will. And you also know that venting is a great aid in this process. You are a great inspiration to my quit. We look up to you. I say it with all my heart.
I know this is your final quit and this is just a bump in the road, An expected one as you had noted in your post. And it caught you well prepared. Now you know. Now you will succeed!
And in a lighter note, it is time to go to the shopping mall and get some beach clothes and tanning lotion and sunscreen. You are 10 day shy of your cruise!! The cabana boys are practicing the dancing steps and routines. I heard that they are so good, that the TV Shoe dancing with the stars called them. I don't know maybe we are going to watch them on national TV.
Hugggggggs
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 103
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,545
Amount Saved: $154.50
Life Gained:
Days: 11 Hrs: 18 Mins: 37 Seconds: 14

15 years ago 0 855 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 I use to have the worse time, as my quit was awful for me, but  i just refused to give in to it, i use to cuss, say out loud I AM BETTER THAN THAT, I WILL NOT GIVE IN. It took me awhile but its truly the only way to know you do not have to give in to it. I gues what i am saying is that i ran around talking to myself alot and acting up, but i always say Whatever works  LOL Hang touch Put those big girl Panties on Sparky , you can do this :) Tresa
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/8/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 2463
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 59,112
Amount Saved: $10,344.60
Life Gained:
Days: 319 Hrs: 22 Mins: 49 Seconds: 13

Reading this thread: