Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

Three years ago I spent alot of hours....

16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello, Ladybug. I love it when you long-timers come back in here to tell us about how you triumphed (Three Years!!) over the worst addiction ever! You're a perfect example of what this site was set up to do in the first place-- to help people get through their quits! Describing how you did it and how you were helped and how the members helped you quit is good news for those of us who are just starting the journey. Thanks Patrick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,500 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $675.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
16 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey! What a surprise woke up this morning and Ladybugg was on IM looking for me!!! Three years huh? WELL DONE GIRL me xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 588 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,936 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �3,087.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 118 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
16 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow laddybug.. 3 years is really amazing.. what are you doing to celebrate? BTW- don't worry about the grumpies saying things about the odlies.. whatever.. you know, this is a stop smoking site, and we're all prone to grumpiness once in a while. We're all learning and sharing and growing, and that's just hard sometimes. Congrats on your huge success! I miss you around here. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 610 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 45,750 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11,437.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 54 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
16 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
When I first arrived, you and Hummy were the first to reach out to me and let me know that I was in good company. In every post you made, to me and to others, I could feel your compasion and love coming across cyber world because you were always here heart and soul. You wrote stories for us that explained about recovery and the temporary state of withdrawal and getting over the addiction. You stayed up late so many nights listening to me whine, holding my hand, giving me bugg huggs and encouraging me to move forward. Did you ever know that you were my hero? I wanted to be like you. Confident, proud, compassionate, loving, kind and helpful to all around. You touched my life and I haven't forgotten it. Thank you so much Ladybugg. You are awesome. The newer people may not know who we are but trust me when I say there are many that won't ever forget quitters like you. There is life after smoking and we are living it now. Congratulations my friend on your continued success. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 991 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 19,820 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,468.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 91 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
16 years ago 0 201 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I would only come in here JUST for you ... and ... to send you whatever PIE you might like. Thank You for your wonderful words they totally are to dear to my heart! P :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 759 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,975 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,451.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 128 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
16 years ago 0 1073 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phillip!!!!!! Oh darlin' I've missed your pies! Thank you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1096 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 61,376 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7,672.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 109 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
  • Quit Meter

$52,440.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 917 Hours: 23

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 201 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With eternal GRATITUDE! Phillip PS there is always a PIE just for you! ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 759 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,975 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,451.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 128 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
16 years ago 0 1073 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I used to live here. Okay, not really, but it felt like it. I spent hours helping and being helped. They are not two seperate things. When you help others, you help yourself. This is true everywhere and in everything, but is not more evident anywhere than here at the SSC. I spent hours trying to find the right words to make a difference to someone in danger of losing their quit. I spent hours here crying when I was danger of losing my own... and there was always someone here willing to 'talk' me through. I spent hours combing through old posts and 'bumping' the ones that spoke to me. I searched for posts by the people that seemed to always say what I needed to hear. I spent hours welcoming new quitters so they would not feel alone. I wanted them to feel the same support that I felt here. I wanted to share with them the tools that worked for me. I spent hours congratulating older quitters who came back to let us know it could be done! I wanted them to fell appreciated for takeing the time out for me and letting me know it could be done. Somewhere around my second anniversary. I stopped posting much. I started feeling too far removed from the quitting process. But I still spent hours reading. Over the last year, I have rarely even logged in. When I have, I have felt out of place. The best I could do was bump an older post or two that I thought might help someone. I stopped even doing that after someone blasted oldies who only came on once in a while and bumped their own posts. So, I spent hours here a lifetime ago. And I am so very grateful that I did! Because those hours saved my life! Pleas spend all the hours here that you need! It can make the biggest difference you can imagine! and when you are ready to move on...do it with your head held high! Celebrating three years on this St. Patty's Day! We CAN do this! [color=Purple]~lbugg~[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1096 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 61,376 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7,672.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 109 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$52,440.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 917 Hours: 23

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: