Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,557 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Have you noticed?

16 years ago 0 1160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, that is pretty common. The reason why. What gets me is the ones who just cough out "I don't (cough) want to quit" Like I don't know they want to pay hard earned money for a poison stick to suck on. Sad really. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 244 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,880 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $976.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 32 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
16 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Islandgirl, Most of my friends are still smokers and yes I hear the same excuses. But, I look back and remember making those same excuses to others when they asked me why I didn't quit. Now I see and hear how foolish I really was. But you can't tell a smoker when to be ready to quit, they need to find out for themselves. All we can is do, as you say, is be positive and hope they pick that up. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 369 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,225 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,845.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 40 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Islandgirl, Interesting observation! Perhaps they feel ashamed or weak because they don't believe they can quit and subsequently make excuses? Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
As the saying go'es Island girl people have more excuses than Carter has little liver pills ( an very old expression ) for not doing what is good for them . :quest: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 350 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,300 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,500.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 85 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
16 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Have any of you noticed that when you tell your smoking friends or acquaintances that you have quit smoking, they start making up all these excuses as to why they can't quit? If I mention to anyone that is a smoker that I have quit, they will start with, "Well, I want to quit, but"~~and then the excuses start spewing out! I smile and try to tell them that it is OK, they will know when it is time for them to quit, but I also emphasize how much easier it was to get thru than I had thought it would be, how much better I feel, or some postive message on the perks of being a non smoker, especially in today's society! Just a question, wondered if anyone else has had this happen...watching smokers get so defensive when one of their own has "gone to the other side" is pretty amusing to me! And some of the excuses and the looks of their faces are fun to watch too! Then again, maybe that is just my weird sense of humor coming thru...... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 774 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $164.48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49

Reading this thread: