Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,538 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Thursday Night Bonfire!!!

16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bobbi, I have enjoyed starting the bonfire & I don't mind keeping it a little longer. You do what you have to do & don't even joke about buying smokes! You almost gave me a heart attack. And I did not quit smoking so my quit buddy so could kill me with a heart attack! I get ot about the sisters, too. I have 2 & 1 brother & I feel the same about him. Like this: [IMG]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff211/str8ahd/thfriends-1.jpg[/IMG] So not to worry, Bobbi. We love you, we're happy to have you back & we're even happier that you aren't going to smoke no matter what! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 159 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,180 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,749.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
16 years ago 0 710 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi I guess all have gone home for the night it is almost 12 midnight here hubby and I went out for the eve. so missed all the fun. I do have two sisters to through into the fire tonight, oh wow that really sounds bad. sorry! just so dissapointed in them, I was hopeing to take back the Thur. night Bonfire unhooked (sister, but you are the only sister I claim tonight, if only the other two were like you!!!!) sorry again I am just so upset with them tonight, I am going to have to go back down to see what I might be able to do again with my parent's will be leaving in a couple weeks, every time I think things are better there here we go again! Think I will go buy a pack of cigs. lol lol scared you didn't I lol lol no chance would I do that just wanted alittle humor, but that really isn't even funny. I am just a mess tonight! You are doing such a great job unhooked, I knew you could do it, again you are the sister I wish I really had, you to sparky, Lainey, aloha Kita, Gen(almost twin), and Tom and Phil oh wait a minute you would be brother's lol lol silly me! well I have rambled on long enough, should have been here erlier, maybe I wouldn't be so blah blah blah now. Thanks again unhooked. and again and again. You are all so great. hugs,prayers,pixie dust Bobbi [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/27/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 206 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,180 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $515.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
16 years ago 0 177 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Unhooked - there's that pretty face I have missed. Been floating around checking out the posts. Good to see everyone still here! I have so missed your humor. I vote for a few shopping sprees to get over these man issues - a new purse and great shoes never let you down. Trust me and my closet. Miss Kelly - I remember when you came aboard, I sooo felt your pain. Touched my soul how you were trying to do those first days on your own - now here you are an old timer! Lainey - nice to see you hangin' around. Canadian beer -- mmmmm! But I could do weasel pee on a bad craving day. Blue Cloud - looking lovely as usual. Glad those doubts are gone - you are sooo strong! Sue, Sue - those of us in TN are waiting anxiously for that rain - Enjoy the Caverns - I LOVE caves, but puss of a hubby gets a little "odd" in close places. Penquin - I am so believing you on those 15 pounds. How about it sister - I have 10, wanna buddy? I am trading in my suckers for sugar free and back on the weight watchers band wagon. I lost 50 - no WAY am I going back there. Okay - fried bananas and chocolate - yummy! Have a great night - off to sleep in my own bed for the first time in 2 weeks. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,220 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $274.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, what a great bonfire turnout, & everybody so light-hearted & in high spirits. FABULOUS!!! Thanks for bringing the entertainment, Anna. It might be a little more metal then we're used to but kelly & Kev will show us how to rock it! Fred Astair has stepped on my toes, I'm afraid, & danced his last. There's Steve on the horizon though & I'll keep you posted. There's Dennis,too, but he's kind of a dark horse coming up on the outside. What? Where does it say you can't mix non-smoking metaphors???? I don't have anything against weasles, it's the weasle PEE that I take exception to. Tom, always good to see you & your good ship, the Smokefree. Glad you don't have much for the fire, and you found timne to relax with us a bit. Yeah, maybe no fried s'mores, they're already pretty perfect. But what about those banana boats that mk brought that time? Bet they'd be good fried. Sparky, Sparky, Sparky. OK, musical cat is better than bathing suit cat or, god forbid! Hoody cat, so I will deal with it. Great to see you at the fire. Penguin, you have already proven that a flightless bird can fly, so don't let anyone tell you what you can & cannot do! Can't wait fo ryour beach party! Sue, I don't know what the Linville Caverns are, but I know that when you haven't ahd rain for a long time & it finally comes, you're happy to be doing anything in it, as long as it's there. IMA!! OMG, IMA!!! I was just thinking about you, could you tell???? I'm so happy to see you smoke-free & with such awesome news about the SIL!! Thanks for stopping in & updating us. BC, I just love you, OK? Brits & other night owls, please keep the fire going as long as you need to. This has been kind of a special bonfire night! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 158 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,738.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am back! Hey, Greta to see you Iamquitter! Missed you! Glad to hear all is ok! Unhooked, you are correct. I do prefer Canadian Beer to weasel pee. Kelly, I can't believe you haven't had one. For sure we have to meet sometime and have one! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 227 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,675 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,394.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
16 years ago 0 1160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc51/pollyepierce/cooltext66238831.gif[/IMG] I'm putting any doubts I had about not being able to quit in tonights fire. [IMG]http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc51/pollyepierce/cooltext66183018.jpg[/IMG] ImaQuitter, good to hear from u and glad SIL is better. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 106 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $424.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
16 years ago 0 177 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen --- I'M BAAAACCCKKK! What better night to get back into the groove than bonfire night! Details later, lets just say all is well with SIL - he is in rehab, no trach and actually talking. A little slow and lots of work to do but that's okay! Words cannot describe the new appreciation for life I have after the last few weeks. For now --- let me toss in a little stress and offer to all my pals some fried chicken. Nope - it doesn't go with a bonfire but after two weeks at a hospital in the lovely state of TN, I realize that fried food is not unhealthy and is definitely a delicacy to be shared by all! So enjoy! Oh- BTW - did I see unhooked throwing a man in the fire? Sorry, sister - unless he is a "donor" he doesn't get the full treatment, just a slight contact burn will have to do. Good to be back! In case any of you were wondering - 61 days and not even a puff! As if there was any doubt :) Big happy healthy hugz to all. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,220 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $274.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey y'all greatings from Asheville NC, the Blue Ridge Parkway where the first rain we have gotten in forever is here with us :) So we took photos of some soggy foggy leaves. More tomorrow. But saturday, the day we leave, it will be sunny and nice. Really NC needs this rain. So tomorrow we will visit the Linville Caverns in the rain, should be cool. So I still need to put my extra weight in the fire thanks guys. xo Sue [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 168 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,680 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $294.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
16 years ago 0 1306 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great fire! Can't hang around though...busy workin out...Got 15 pounds to lose before the BEACH. Can't be done you say....watch me! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 97 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,940 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,115.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
  • Quit Meter

$330,408.68

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6026 Hours: 23

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 51

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff249/lpressler/POOOKETHEWEASEL.jpg[/IMG] [center]And what do you have against Weasles, Unhooked???[/center] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 283 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,245 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,188.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50

Reading this thread: