Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

Time to MOON each other, period.

16 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I quit once about 30 years ago and stayed quit - completly - for about a year. Then I stared to have the odd one which built up to full time by the time I quit this time. So far, I have not had any slips in this quit. Not even a real temptation but NOBODY can stand in judgement of anyone else and pontificate on their failings or otherwise because we all have strengths and weaknesses in different measures. Depending what day it is! ;) Gen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 132 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,112 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �660.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
16 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cherie, I wouldn�t dream of it, having you beat yourself up and I am sorry that I came across that way. In this quit, I found it helpful to quit for the moment, than hour and then day. I did not look into the future; my focus was just the present the here and now. I use to refer to it as �baby stepping it through�. The future will come although preparation in the short run is key and lays the building blocks of what lies ahead. With that said, I know it is hard, real hard however you can quit and you can stay quit. You have done remarkably well Cherie; 28 days is 4 long weeks. You have been amazing, stop and think about it. Just take it day by day and keep yourself busy, use coping skill, distractions, don�t dwell and go to bed early when it gets tough. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 562 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,116 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,091.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 102 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
16 years ago 0 1113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cherie, for me it would be 40ish quits in less than a year, some very very short ones. This is my last quit. Therefore I cannot slip. My last slip I did reset my counter to zero ( I had 10 to 13 days at that point I think). [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 650 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �109.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
16 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No need to apologize Cherie, we all have your best interest at heart although sometime words get confused in the translation. I quit once for 6 months and that was 30 years ago. I never was smart enough to quit since then, you have been. Stay with it, you and I and the rest of us can get this done! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 562 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,116 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,091.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 102 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
16 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
100%, First time Cherie. Not always easy as I am sure Mrs Ed will testify, but worth it every step of the way and it does get easier and easier.. I know that you have been here before, but what is important is that you are back 'on the horse'. Stay on and stay quit!! all the best :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 540 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 16,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �4,050.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 86 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
16 years ago 0 715 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
And...lol, sorry stickin to it. I also have the problem of being too sensitive. So many things to work on, so little time. Just breathe......... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 560 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $134.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$26,778.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 585 Hours: 23

Minutes: 6 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Also, I will always find going back to smoking the easy way out. And for me quitting is definitely about committment but it's also about learning how to deal with my feelings without needing to smoke them away. Which means I have to grow up emotionally. There's people that committ to quitting and relapse after 25 yrs, be it drinking or smoking or whatever. So whatever......... all we can do is our personal best. :) Just breathe......... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 560 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $134.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
  • Quit Meter

$26,778.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Well I guess time will tell if my slip leads me back to a relapse. Personally and I have a feeling that I know, lol, that slip made my desire to quit much stronger than it was. If I stay quit, cool, if I relapse then I guess I'll just have to try again and again until I get it. Just like anybody else. :)I was very committed during my last quit and I relapsed. I'm more committed today than I was before that slip, that's for sure :) I'm not explaining my experience anymore. It's ticking me off that everyone seems to know what that slip did to me, more than I do, lol. Well not everybody. More than anything I'm starting to feel pissed off and thinking about smoking again. Well, just being honest. But I have to tell on the junkie, not keep those thoughts a secret or the junkie will win. Anyhow time for me to go do something and get smoking off my brain :) I don't know about anyone else but I'm being as honest as I know how to be and doing the best I can right now. And that's good enough for me :) I do appreciate everyone's help. Part of recovery for me today is learning how to stand up for myself so plz forgive me if I come off a little too strong. I know that I do this & it's just another thing in my life that I still have to find balance in :) Thanks again everyone! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Just breathe......... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 560 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $134.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$26,778.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
joyful, This is my second quit and I have had no "slips". My first quit lasted 9 days and I was looking for an excuse to smoke and...oddly enough I found one. Quitting is about commitment, not feelings. That's what got me through. One always leads to more. All the best [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/5/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1096 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 21,920 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4,932.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 83 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
  • Quit Meter

$36,998.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 639 Hours: 21

Minutes: 36 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
One quality all addicts possess is the ability to justify anything! We are all good at that. We can even cohearse others into seeing things the way we do. You want honesty? I think we all need to be honest with ourselves or we are destined for failure! I had a few puffs early in the quit. It was before I joined this site. I found myself alone with no one around and had 3 or 4 puffs of a cigarette. I threw it out into the yard and said "I am not doing this anymore!" and I haven't. I didn't reset my meter because I didn't have a meter. I quit smoking over two years ago and have come close to smoking many, many times. Life sucks at times and I have learned how to deal with things without turning to the crutch of smoking. That was hard for me to learn. Now I don't want to smoke and I truly enjoy my smoke free life!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 766 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,320 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,681.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 69 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25

Reading this thread: