Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

Time to MOON each other, period.

16 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
One more comment This is my fist genuine quit ever and NOPE!!!!! I have not touched a smoke in 371 days. I allowed myself a cigar for Xmas day but didnt bother withit! 50 years and never went a day without a smoke! me xxxxxxxxxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 371 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,162 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1,947.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 72 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
Forgot the point of my post! BF what did that puff taste like? me xxxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 371 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,162 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1,947.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 72 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
I am scared REALLY! All these tales about just one puff and people restarting after ages and ages of stopping........... I have over a year and YES I DO crave sometimes and I still wonder if I will go back but to waste a year's efforts?????????? I went to Spain for 3 weeks lastSeptmebr and spent 3 weeks putting on patches and moping for a smoke. Going next month again and am looking FORWARD to my hols withoutsmoking.My mates in Spain wont believe I have managed a year.. Joyfulspirit you should write your life story in a post for us... me xxxxxxxxxxxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 371 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,162 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1,947.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 72 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
((((((BFS)))))) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 92 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,840 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,012.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
16 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady, Thank you for your continued support. I guess where the meter thing is coming from is that, if I decide not to reset, I'm pretty sure that somebody can and will dig up some quote of me saying that resetting my meter before is what kept me quit for 21 months and that before I reset, I was prone to doing it again, but after I reset, I didn't smoke because of the meter. Yes, those posts of mine DO exist. So am I a hypocrite for not resetting? I don't think so. Again, I think it's a moot point. When people in real life ask me how long I've been quit, I say (and have ALWAYS said, despite what my meter read at the time) that I've been quit for over 2 years now. I still feel that way. Was that puff stupid? No question. Has it damaged my resolve? Yes, so some extent. But am I letting it ruin my quit? Absolutely not! If I were to reset at this point, I would feel that it meant that I was admitting defeat. I haven't failed - I haven't been defeated. Is it a slap in the face to those who haven't smoked at all or who reset back to zero? Yes, and I understand that. That's why I AM taking this seriously. If I smoke again, yes, I will reset, although to be perfectly honest, if I smoke again, I'll go back to smoking for a while and quit again later. I don't think I could go through all of that right now. But so far, that hasn't happened. I'll deal with that situation if/when it arises, but until then, I think I'm going to leave the meter where it is. For the record, that's 787 days, with 4 slips (but who's counting! :) ). Thanks again Lady for your continued support. You're a good friend. Crave the Quit!
16 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
BFS, I'm glad you came here tonight. Not for us, not for anyone stuggling or not but for YOU! YOU needed to post for yourself. I couldn't believe it when you told me about your puff. All we've been through here. Joyful lost her quit after over a year and here you are admiting "one puff". It proves what addicts we really are. I actually admire the both of you. I don't think I would have it in me to quit again. I honestly think that is what keeps me going. I am scared to death of going back to smoking. I think one puff and I would be totally out of control again. You have come clean and I don't think there is any need to adjust your meter (just my opinion). We have been through many nights of craves, tears, fears, and celebrations. Don't give all that up now. It just wouldn't be worth it. BF or not, you need this quit. You fought for it long and hard. You took a lot of blows along the way. Don't let go. I'm here if you need me. ((((Hugs)))) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 773 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,460 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,705.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 69 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
16 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, I was paroosing the site tonight as I generally do, although I rarely post anymore and I saw this thread and decided that I should come clean. As most people who've been around this site for a while know, I had 3 slips early on in my quit (one cigarette on day 34, then I had 2 puffs of a cigarette 34 days after that, then 64 days after that I had 7 whole cigarettes) and reset my meter after the last one, but after 500 days without a single cigarette, I put it back to my original quit date and up until a week and a half ago, hadn't had any cigarettes at all - not even one single puff in over 21 months! Then, the Friday before last, I was camping and had a puff, one puff, of my bf's cigarette. I could make a million excuses, but I won't. I haven't had any since then. As for the meter, I am deciding not to decide right now. I really haven't been here much lately, and if I continue to not post much, then I'm not going to reset... my simple one-time visits here and there don't really matter that much as far as my meter is concerned. If I start posting to the group again, I might take a day off or reset completely. Not really sure which. Right now, it's a moot point because I'm not posting much. But I did want to come admit my little mistake because I feel it IS important to be honest. The reason I didn't post about it before now is because every time I have in the past, and every time that somebody else with a lot of days on their meters slips or relapses, it causes a tidal wave of slips, discouragement and negative feelings towards their quits by many newer quitters. I didn't want to cause that, and I still don't and I would absolutely HATE it if anybody lost their quit or slipped up because they got discouraged by my stupidity. Please don't do that! But I did feel that it was necessary to come clean about it. Thanks Joyful for the opportunity to do that. Crave the Quit!
16 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is my second serious quit. I have "attempted" to quit many more times. The first time I quit for 6 months. The attitude I took was, "all you are doing is NOT DOING SOMETHING. How hard can it be to NOT do something? It is absence of effort...NOT!!!!! It is TOTAL effort. I did not have a support group on this first quit. I did not know N.O.P.E. and that is why I started again. I am smarter this time. As many have said in many threads...knowledge is power and that has helped me a great deal. I am just now exceeding the length of my first quit, but I know length has nothing to do with it because there will never be a time in my life when it will be ok to smoke. So, to answer you Cherie, my meter is quite honest :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 209 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,180 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $585.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
16 years ago 0 715 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sullydog, I know what you mean cuz I had a yr and 4mos. & quit coming to the site as much & relapsed also. I have 11yrs sober & still have to go to meetings so hopefully this site will be around for a long time to come :) Hey Kita, keep up the gr8 work :) I didn't slip at all in my last quit but this one is different and I hope it's my final quit :) Just breathe.........ahhhhhhhhh [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 700 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $168.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
  • Quit Meter

$26,778.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 586 Hours: 0

Minutes: 6 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1000 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Joyful, This is my first quit ever and no slips. Doesn't mean it has been easy I have earned every day on my meter fighting off the demon :) I hope someday the cravings go away for atleast a day. :( [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 144 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,880 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $936.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33

Reading this thread: