Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

Listen hear you lot!

16 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
TO MY HERO.......PHIL!!!! NOPE! That is the key. I've been around long enough to know that Phil has had his struggles, too. Just ask his wife---who is a Saint, in my book! :) Imagine putting up with a 'Phil' 24-7!!! LOL!!! There are a rare few that have an easy quit. There are many more of us who have had to 'bite the bullet' and quit kicking and screaming the entire way. Phil earned his quit fair and square! Lot's of love and respect your way, my dear, dear, friend! XX me [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 307 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,420 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,456.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 32 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
16 years ago 0 1160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phil your stats are very impresive to me with only 8 days. You give me hope that I will succeed.When I saw you had smoked 50 years and been quit 11 months my curosity peaked. What kind of health problems do you have (if any) from smoking that long. I smoked for 47 years. I can already tell a difference in how I breath and the rate of my heart beat when I lay down.Can I really expect to physically feel better after a few months? I already mentally feel better just knowing I am being stronger than my addiction for today. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $32.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
16 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I thought it was just time for a haircut. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 128 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,184.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Was there a full moon last night?? What is happening around here? :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 129 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,225 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,360.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kev, I did not mean you, I meant in general. You do try to stand on your own, you do take the steps. Please keep doing that! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $660.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, we must all be ready to catch someone who falls & to hold out our hand for whoever might need something to hang onto. We must also be willing to stand on our own after we have been caught & to let go of the hand at at some point, believing that we wil be caught again & that the hand will be there again if we need it. In other words, we are each responsible for our own quit and for helping others wherever we can but no one can do this for anyone else & no one can expect to reach their destintion if they never take a step toward it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $660.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
16 years ago 0 533 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
We are here for one reason........support. If we can't get it from one person we can get it from the next....... That's what i get for adding my two cents! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 79 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,580 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $355.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lolo, I agree with most of what you're saying, but there's one thing I disagree with. You said, "There comes a point when you need to let someone else's quit go and help the next." I slipped 3 times in the first 4 1/2 months of my quit. If everybody here had "let me go and help the next," I wouldn't be here today. Sure, I know that there were some who gave up on me (and have told me so, but not then... they've told me recently that they'd given up on me, but that I proved them wrong). But the thing is, I didn't know it at the time. If I'd known that people were giving up on me, I probably wouldn't be quit today. I would have given up on me too. Personally, I don't give up on anybody... even after they give up on themselves. Sometimes, it just takes that one more try. Just one more. How can we give up on somebody when they're at least thinking about quitting and are trying? I can't. Crave the Quit! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 755 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,875 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,118.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 53 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
16 years ago 0 533 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I want to add my two cents if I may ....I choose not to smoke. When I finally said that I will stop smoking I told myself that I will NOT buy any cigs. Therefore I have kept MY word to MYSELF. Also, the people around me can even see how hard it is for me. I still get thoughts of having a cig BUT I am stronger than this addiction and I must ALWAYS prove that to myself. I think there a handful of people who don't have CONFIDINCE in them self. I also think that there are a handful of people who aren't STRICT enough with themselves. There is only so much we can do for the others that are out there. There comes a point when you need to let someone else's quit go and help the next. I know I had my weekness and was lucky enough that someone from here was willing to catch me when I was all most going to fall and now I am able to do that forsomeone else who is need. So, One thing that is great about this site....You never know who might be there to catch ya or hold your hand....We all have an addiction and we all must fight against it. We all must be stronger than it. [color=Red]?[/color]Lolo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 79 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,580 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $355.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
16 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just keep fighting Kev! Never give up on yourself! You'll get there! Crave the Quit! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 755 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,875 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,118.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 53 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4

Reading this thread: