Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,557 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

I used to smoke...

16 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
me too Carylene.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 805 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
16 years ago 0 1148 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello BfS, I really like this thread. I used to smoke is the same as saying you're a nicotine addict. I used to smoke means I have the inner strength to deny my addiction. I used to smoke on an emotional and intellectual scale is similar to climbing Mt Everest in terms of accomplishment. I used to smoke means I understand, please let me help you stop too. I used to smoke means I'm healing now. I used to smoke means I'm more sensitive to the rights of nonsmokers without being an "ars" about it. I used to smoke means doors are open that used to be closed to me. I used to smoke means I don't care if they raise tobacco taxes. I used to smoke means I don't care to be in smoke filled rooms. I used to smoke means I don't care for the smell of tobacco, though some pipe tobaccos smell pretty good the're just polished turds. This is great and I'm anxious to read what other's have written later. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,480 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $310.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
16 years ago 0 169 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I guess I haven't really thought about it, although I have tried to separate smoking from who I am. I used to do other things but I quit those things too because they were bad for me. When I think about smoking I try to associate it with those other things that I quit doing, other addictions I took care of quite some time ago. I am not ashamed, exactly but it is just history, part of the road that brought me here. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $288.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
BfS, that is an interesting question. This is funny; I read it & then I wanted to think about it for a bit & I actually got up out of my chair to get a "thinking" cigarette! Then I laughed at myself & sat back down & realized I can't answer that right now. There is a lot of emotion wrapped up in that question, for me at least. It means everything you said about freedom & making a choice & it will always be with me. It brings up other things though, like I feel stupid that I ever smoked & it took this long to quit, like the reasons I started, like my kids don't believe I can quit. So many things. I am going to think about this (wihout a thinking cigarette) & sort it out in my mind & come back here, I feel it's an important question to know the answer to. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 300 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
16 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What do those four words mean to you? To me, they mean that each day, I have a choice to continue on the path I am on or change to a different one - one that will make my life better and healthier. They mean that I'm not perfect, but I can still try to be the best I can be. They mean that, just like with any memory, my brain might remind me of that fact at any time, but I shouldn't be afraid of that thought... that memory... because it's just that - a memory. They mean that I have a greater chance of living a healthy, long life. What do those words mean to you? Crave the Quit! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 710 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 17,750 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,932.30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 50 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20

Reading this thread: