Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,551 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

I think I'm an angrier person now

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
BFS, Is there a trigger in there somewhere? How about relaxation techniques before bed? How about exercising some of that extra stress away? Concentrating on you and only you can get you back on track. Check with your doctor, to come up with a plan or information on anger management. They can help assess the situation better for you both :) Josie ______________________ The SSC Support Team.
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pam, I hear you, loud and clear i too have had problems with my temper, and i am much less tolerant these days. I sympathise. I am just biting my tongue when something annoys me, which is frequently lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 160 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,405 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �640 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
  • Quit Meter

$113,547.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6492 Hours: 10

Minutes: 10 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OK, here's the thing. Phil, I can easily control my temper for a week and not blow up at anybody. I don't blow up every week... but when I do blow up, it's spontaneous combustion and I blow up BAD!!! And walking away usually just makes me blow up at somebody else... an innocent bystandard! That's not good either! I mean, if nobody gets in my path for the next... oh, say 30 minutes, I'm fine... but usually, what happens is a friend or a person "trying to help" will get the brunt of whatever I'm pissed off about. I don't want to do that either! I just want to not be such an angry b*tch anymore! I want to tell everybody "THIS ISN'T ME! I'm really not an angry person!" But what if this IS the "new" me? CAN I change this completely? Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 654 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 16,357 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2701.02 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 672 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pam, i can relate.. Since i stopped smoking I have developed an extremely low anger tollerance, the 'count to ten' thing just pisses me off thinking about it so i've taken to walking away from confrontation or removing myself from the situation. I have no time for weekness, disorganised & indecisive people as they really annoy me, if i don't like someone - i tell them...... this is not the old me. The old smoking me listened to people i didn't like prat on about nothing, the old me was a week individual who sulked when he didn't get his way. The old me was a pushover lacking in confidence.. a disaster waiting to happen. Pam what i'm trying to say is... people like this deserve a good yelling to cos they need to learn the error of there ways, how dare he waste your valuble time in this way ! Prefer your new self & don't worry what people think. If causing a scene worries you you could try walking away, works for me. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 821 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 20,530 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5336.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 118 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$12,520.86

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 626 Hours: 13

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 38

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 984 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm feeling very much the same as you! It's really awful to pop off at people and at work I get the impression I'm the 'loaded gun' and people are starting to avoid me. I used to always go down and outside for a cigarette when I felt a bit stressed and never went off on anyone. Now what I do is try to remove myself from the situation and come back when I've calmed down a bit. Even to the point of going outside and walking around the block. I don't really believe it was the smoking that ever calmed me down (and we know physically it really doesn't!) but the act of 'walking away and cooling off'. Maybe that would work for you? Right now it's the only thing I can do to switch off the nasties! Doesn't make the feeling go though, only an extended exercise session does that! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 91 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,096 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �500.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hmmm I was never fat though either and I dont like it!!! Lets try and control our tempers for a week and see what happens. We can hava a be nice to everyone week OK! Phil x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 237 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,216 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1244.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
Phil, I hear what you're saying, but I just can't accept that this is the "real me." Even before I started smoking, I never angered easily. So really, I don't think that this is the real me. But now, it doesn't take much to set me off! I'm more emotional amd I'm angrier. This isn't good! There's no way I will ever smoke, but I still need to find that old me who didn't get upset easily! I just don't know how! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 654 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 16,352 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2701.02 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Pam I can relate to what you are saying...My temper is certainly not what it was but maybe this is the real me now who knows I cant remeber not smoking??? My concern right now is becoming a fattie !!! Working on it! Phil xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 237 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,215 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1244.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
I know that anger is something that we all deal with when we first quit smoking, but I've been doing this thing for 21 1/2 months now and I'm still angrier. I was NEVER an angry person before. I was always the last person to get angry and the first one to forgive. I'm still the first one to forgive, but I'm also the first one to lose it. Now, I know that I wrote the post [url=http://www.stopsmokingcenter.net/support/viewmessages.aspx?topic=32265&forum=1]blaming the quit[/url] and can NOT blame my actions on my quit... they are MY issues that may have originally been caused by quitting, but I absolutely can NOT blame my quit for my anger. I know that. But it's still something that I feel like I have to deal with, but I don't know how! I've never been an angry person before! So how does somebody who has never had to learn to deal with anger suddenly do this at 30 years of age? I had 2 events today that really brought this to my attention. At work this afternoon, I had a complete and total meltdown and then tonight, this guy at the library told me that he checked a book out at 9pm on 2 hour reserve... he said he REMEMBERED checking it out and even knew the time! Well, it turned out that it was there the whole time, he just couldn't find it... and I lost it! I went off on him (in a library nonetheless that's supposed to be a QUIET place!!! LOL) Now granted, I'd had a REALLY bad day anyway and then I'd been lied to by him and I waited in the library for TWO HOURS waiting for this book to be turned back in. I think I had a right to be angry, but I don't think I had the right to act the way I did. Nobody looked stupid but me. I have several stories similar to the one above that have happened in the last 21 months. Too many! I need to do something about this! I can't go around biting people's heads off everytime they piss me off! I know the whole "count to 10" thing, but seriously! After 10 seconds, I STILL would have bit his head off! I want to bite it off now again! I'm still angry about it! So I don't know what to do. I can't get mad like this. I need to return to the person who was last to get angry and first to forgive. Where is she????? Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Da
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Folks - I have to admit that I get angry more too...For awhile I skeered myself. The thing is that these situations always made me feel angry, I just chose to go smoke instead of dealing with it a different way. Now that smoking is not an option, I am having to find different ways to deal with it. Sometimes I'm good....and sometimes I'm very very bad ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 211 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,234 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1055 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30

Reading this thread: