Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,557 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

I think I'm an angrier person now

17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Bobbi, What you're going through is normal. It's so weird, isn't it? But I've seen a lot of post where people have felt the same way you are right now and I went through it myself at around Day 8, 9, 10 and maybe 11. Somewhere in there, that "detached" feeling goes away. Don't worry about that, okay? A lot of that feeling of being detached, not yourself at all, withdrawn, and so quiet is because you're body is still healing from smoking. You've been fighting physically, mentally, and emotionally for 9 days now and you're exhausted in every way. I believe part of it too, at least it was in my case, is that need to shelter yourself from any kind of temptation...as if you're protecting your Quit. Plus, becoming a Non Smoker is a HUGE lifestyle change and you're adjusting to it little by little. Please don't worry about how you're feeling right now. I hope this post helps you. So many of us have gone through the same feelings. It's so strange but it will pass. Meanwhile, allow yourself to rest and heal. Pamper youself too. Stay Strong, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,091 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165.14 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 710 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I don't have the anger thing going but I still am not myself! I don't laugh like I used to, joke around etc. feel like I am not any fun anymore, that people are going to get bored with me, even got scared last night that my husband would'nt like me as well like I am now so I talked with him, really opened up and he held me and said I can go through anything with you just so wonderful you are not smoking, I told him scares me he might want someone else that is more fun, he really laughed at me, told me again the same thing. I just want the fun happy person back that I was when I smoked, without smoking!!!! he told me it would happen down the road, he quit 37 years ago. At times I feel his life has not changed, he is the same person, has his glass of wine once in awhile, and I can't as that would be a trigger for me. and I am having to do all the changing! But I do not think oh if I just only started smoking again all would be better, NO it would NOT, I am smart enough to know that and I won't smoke again! I have only been quit alittle over a week. also does anyone know if when I go to the low dose of patches and then get off them is it a bad withdraw at that time????????? Well I have vented, hope I get some answers. Bobbi [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/27/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 283 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 1115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Butterfly Swimmer! I wrote a post a LONG time ago called Help for Anger and Whining. It�s [url=http://www.stopsmokingcenter.net/support/viewmessages.aspx?topic=23090&forum=1]here.[/url] Maybe it�ll help a little. Here are some other thoughts. You�re still in school? Well, this time of year gets nuts for both teachers and students. My daughter who is graduating this year is on edge. My students who are desperately waiting for the school year to end are getting wilder by the day. Personally, I think spring brings out the oh-my-gosh-I�ve-gotta-get-out-of-here-and-do-something-fun disease in just about everyone. Are exams nearing? Have a lot of personal/family/school-related stress at the moment? You might check out the school health department and see if they have a therapist on staff. It�s amazing what talking it out with someone can do to help when you�re at the end of your rope. If all else fails, I have a friend who goes to her car at lunch and screams to let out the frustration/anger from a very demanding job/boss situation. Works for her. Hope you get it all under control. Best wishes. Not cravin', never cavin'. Hummy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/5/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 697 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 27,917 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4530.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 91 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
  • Quit Meter

$472,368.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5383 Hours: 5

Minutes: 14 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:eg: :eg: I hear ya! I'm right there beside you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 206 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,344 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1648 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It has been said here so many times - our maturity stopped when we began lighting up and we pick up just where we first lit up - at that exact time.... What we CAN learn to do is cope - to de-stress, to keep ourselves in check and to be kind and gentle w/ourselves... Ask yourself what you are so angry about and get in touch w/your anger, and I believe, IF you dig deep enough, you will find that the anger you are using to act out on, is actually a cloak that hides your fears... An angry person is a very afraid person... Think about it, anyone who is really, really angry is afraid... Go deep and do the work - what a blessing of an opportunity to do some healing work. BTW - yes, this IS you, at least right now. Embrace your own humanity... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 393 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,786 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1827.45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 51 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey...angry, fat whatever, double your number of "O's" per week (if you get my drift) and your problem is solved or you still have the problem but are happier. Whatever, try it :p
Whoa Stormy, congratulations on almost 260 days smoke free!!! What an accomplishment. Stormy, you really hit the nail on the head. I've wondered about the "bitter old woman" thing too and I know that's not me. I've always been a clown and love to laugh. I still laugh but there's this Mrs. Hyde personality as well and I'll explode. I keep thinking this is going to level out. I think it is better but only because I'm having to constantly monitor myself to be sure I won't turn into a big old ass again. Anger. That's what it is in my case. But what is causing this anger, I don't know. I don't like feeling angry and I don't like me at all when I'm like that. Out of curiosity, are you guys rewarding yourself as you go along? I know that I'm really bad NOT to reward myself and I've wondered if that plays a part in the anger thing. Maybe we're not pampering ourselves enough? Hugs, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,965 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $154.37 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 744 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I can most certainly relate to this subject. I never was one to let loose with such spontaneous anger, until I quit smoking. I was always regarded as the quiet one. Now, there are times I suprise myself by my own actions, and believe me, it doesn't take much these days. It concerns me, but I don't know what to do about it. Maybe it's a good thing, because before, we just quieted ourselves with a smoke, and things would just sit and brew inside our heads. I have noticed that I tend to keep pent-up frustrations to myself, BUT only until I explode. Before, I didn't get to that point. I told my husband the other day that I was worried I was turning into a bitter old woman. That's NOT me! Really! I have been a bit suprised in myself for the things I have said and the way I have reacted to things. I know it makes others that know me wonder what the heck is wrong! I don't like the person I am becoming. But how do you fix an attitude that's all over the place, when it feels so foreign to you? That's not who I am! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 259 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,077 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $971.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I lost my cool the other night with a cheeseburger. It took a grill, a frying pan, two slices of cheese and two spatulas. I was swearing enough to see all the shades go down in the neighborhood. Totally irrational. Maybe the powers that be here will allow a Forum for Venting and General Disgust. There can be special Topic icons that would include sizzling bombs and hands that flip the finger. The smiley line would need to be extended of course also. This would be a forum the enraged only and one would use extreme caution upon entering this forum. Whatdya say? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 76 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,533 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $212.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
I'm scared. :gasp: I went for a hair cut two weeks ago. The girl that came up to the counter to take my name was new, she didn't make eye contact with me, and she didn't smile. On top of that, she spoke in this tired, drab tone of voice as if she just didn't want to take care of another customer. I went off on her. Just like that. It was spontaneous and I scared the crap out of my own self because THAT WAS NOT ME!! Oh, I've never enjoyed a rude person at all, especially one of those that talk DOWN to you as if you're beneath them. But this, this came out of left field. I went to another shop to get my hair cut. I was afraid that they would intentionally cut my hair all wrong for showing my ass. ha ha ha ha ha Since then, I give myself a talking to before I leave the house and before I'm around family members. I'm really wondering if there's some anxiety/stress/unhappiness somewhere else in our lives that we're reacting to by showing our asses. (Yea, I have a way with words too.) I don't blame everything on My Quit or the fact that I Smoked. I've seen a lot of Non Smokers who don't act this way, my own parents being two of them. And I didn't behave this way before I started smoking. I seem to be following the same pattern as Butterfly. For me, I think I need to examine my life and see if there are some things stressing me out or flat out making me unhappy. I don't like feeling mad and I certainly don't enjoy feeling like a ticking time bomb. Meanwhile, ya'll stay away from me. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha I'm scared of ya'll. Just Jokin'!!! Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,954 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $154.37 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52

Reading this thread: