Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

The Magic Ship- Board Here!

17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[size=4]Ladycigevictor!!!!!!!![/size] :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I want you to know that there are those of us that aren't around much anymore and pop in from time to time to see how special people like you are doing. Your post above is NOT funny! Maybe a little cute but [B]NOT[/b] funny! I'm glad it was just a dream. Why would you want to smoke anyway? you don't smoke anymore remember? Besides, it really, really stinks! :gasp: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 628 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,574 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2198 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 56 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
**** [size=4]***IM SO SORRY, I REGRET TO INFORM YOU I'VE SMOKED****[/size]**** Whoa, relax my friends, it was just my first smoking dream :8o:. Has anyone else aboard had any? In my dream I was outside talking to a friend and realized I was half way through smoking a cigarette!!! HOLY COW BATMAN, ROBYN AND GOTHAM CITY, I freaked completely out, :gasp: I mean I went right off the deep end, :gasp: I lost it completely, :gasp: I went ballistic, :gasp: I threw that butt on the ground, :eg: I stomped it into nothingness :eg: while feeling so angry, :( ashamed, :( guilty :( and appalled :( that I had been somehow been duped or tricked or drugged into allowing it to happen. Naturally I woke up FILLED WITH INCREDIBLE RELIEF TO KNOW IT WAS JUST A DREAM!!! Whew, just another re-enforcement to add to my growing list of reasons to stay vigilant, keep positive and keep kicking that nasty ash!!! Happy Spring everyone...we've made it through our first winter as non/ex smokers. We have so many firsts to look forward to this coming year. Lynne, I quickly scanned your shocknews post and I'm so glad your Mother is doing better. I AM SO VERY PROUD OF YOU for not smoking during such a stressful time. You made a choice not to smoke during a difficult situation and this is what we all need to do to stay quit. You are a shining example for all of your Magic shipmates! ***Big ((((magic huggs))))...high fives....pats on back...does a little dance....raises glass of bubbly to toast Lynne's success and every one of the Magic crew, as we must all have handled a crisis by now and just decided N.O.P.E, N.I.D.S*** MomMom, you posted while I was taking my time writing this...love, love, love your preparing for your trip that way! Now you can just go and enjoy yourself, keep a copy of your post handy and remember no throwing people overboard!!!!!! Congratulations on starting your 6th week of freedom! When are you taking the new boat out (sheeshhh....I'm late posting this but at least I asked)? I would love to come to Bristol this weekend (trouble's part of my name too) but I have to work, so could you please take pictures for me...and feel free to cheer on the #43 twinkly eyed cutie pie on my behalf. Please keep telling us all your
  • Quit Meter

$121,132.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 964 Hours: 18

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey sailors! I am startin� to really think about the upcoming fishin� trip next week with Sweetheart. Don�t get me wrong, I love my Sweetheart, and I love our fishin� trips... especially with the new boat. HOWEVER This will be my first trip as a non-smoker. There are a lot of triggers out there on the water...and it�s against the law to throw him overboard! It�s not that big a bass boat that there is anywhere to hide...just the two of us, all day, every day, all night, around the campfire, drinkin�, you get the picture? Good thing we like each other! But I will have to learn some new coping skills! What will be so hard? In the old days.... �It took 5 hours in the car to get here...� :mad: So stop at the next little store so I can buy another pack. Don�t want to run short and don�t know where the next little store will be. �It�s too cold...� :( have a cigarette and warm up �It�s too hot...� :( have a smoke to cool off (yeah right, like that�s gonna work) �I�m not catching anything...� :mad: take a break and light one up (or two) �Gosh, how many fish have I caught?...� ;p celebrate with a smoke (and a drink) �Sweetheart, let�s move to another spot...� :blush: I�ll smoke on the way �Why are you always movin� the damn boat?...� :mad: Where in the hell are my damn cigarettes? Let me get one in my mouth to shut me up! �I�m hungry...� :8|: I�ll just have a quick one until you are ready to eat �We just ate...� :eg: (well, you know what happens now) �What do you mean we are out of bait?...� :mad: When we get to the dock they�d better sell smokes or it�s gonna be a L-O-N-G day! �Where is my purse?...� :gasp:Boy I hope I put an extra pack in there! He used to ask me to please take hormone replacement... I am looking for the silver lining in this big black cloud. You know how I am always saying that when I get a sense of freedom I will know that I am truly quit????? Maybe this time on the water... �You�re going too slow...� :) Geez, this would have been at least a two cigarette trip in the old days. Just sit back, relax, look around and enjoy the scenery! Maybe take a picture or two. �You�re going too fast...� :) Don�
17 years ago 0 388 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Everyone, Boy what a beautiful day on the ship. Happy first day of Spring everyone. What a lovely time of the year to be a non-smoker. Come to think of it, anytime of the year is a wonderful time to be a non-smoker. But just like the all the flowers and trees here in GA. we on the Magic ship are truly showing our best. Lady thanks for checking on us. I agree with Pat. You are an inspiration to us all. MomMom sorry to hear about your unplanned sleding. But hopefully the ride was fun while it lasted. Regarding Faith being a bad influence, from now on all trips to Vegas must be supervised. Of course I am not sure who here on the Magic ship could do that. (Hee Hee:p) Oh and I may need to go with you to shop for new clothes. My metabolism has not just slowed down, it has stopped. But you know our philosophy here are the ship. Never give up (unless it is pertaining to smoking:) Well I got to run. My son is feeling better thus make-up work. I also get to go for a walk. Raine and Pat, I don't know about you but I am going to try and slow down and smell the roses. Have a good evening. Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,296 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $224 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
Faith, Have a marvelous trip to Texas...you have a right to be proud! Your stats are amazing. Watch out for icy hills! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,043 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $164.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 682 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Faith, I hope you have the best time in Tx with your family!!! Safe travels and let her know how proud your SSC friends are of you too! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 54 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,091 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $222.48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok, had to check in before I head to Texas (Yee-Haw!!!!). To my dearest ever Pat, M'Lady, Ladcigevictor, First Mate, etc., etc.: I MISSED your 50-day mark! I am SO sorry! But to see you HALF WAY TO THE BEACH is so great! I couldn't possibly be prouder. And ALL of my shipmates are now on the cruise ship to the beach, I do believe. Way to go, First Mate! You're a fine example to the others of how to kick that ash and mean business! Now in reading recent posts, I've come to the conclusion that Pat, Julie and Rainie are all working way too much and too hard. And it seems to be an inescapable fact that our own MOMMOM is PLAYING way too much (ok, so are Faith and the Cap'n, too). I think I've been a bad influence on MomMom -- she used to be such a nice girl! I'll warn you, shipmates, don't ever DARE MomMom -- she'll do it! So, sliding down a hill on the ice was someone's way of slowing you down just a bit, MomMom! (I'm with Rainie -- it is a fun visual, although I'm sorry you're all bruised up.) Now spend some couch time -- here's some chocolate (no wine for you for awhile). As for the rest of you -- Pat, Julie and Rainie -- you need some couch time, too! And more chocolate, ok? Be good to yourselves (except you, MomMom)! I'm off to Texas now -- I've packed the red boa and the golf clubs and I'm rarin' to go! This should be fun -- it's the first time I've visited my sister and her family (staunch nonsmokers) as a nonsmoker myself. My sister is super proud of me and VERY supportive -- that helps a lot. Keep the faith, all! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 163 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,540 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1304 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 682 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know it is so mean to laugh at other's misfortune...oh to see you slippin down the street on your boottaaayy is crackn me up! Especially if you were bombed you were probably laughn' the whole slide! Sorry your bumb is bruised though...snicker snicker! Clothing company eh? Now that could be our next stop for shopping!!! NIDS is the name of the dolphin that follows the Magic ship around supporting us. Her name is ...drum roll, please!!!... "No, I don't smoke" M'lady...how goes the new job? I would spend all my paycheck there!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 54 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,088 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $222.48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
Ahoy Shipmates! It�s Tuesday � Phil�s day! Anyone seen him around since the party? Spring arrives tonight! Yippee! After the snow and ice that is still hanging around from the weekend I am happy to say it is beginning to warm up. What did I learn this past weekend? Don�t get green on St. Patty�s day, and be careful getting out of the car (I wasn�t driving) when you live on a hill and it�s solid ice. I�m told I had a nice little slide down to the street...I can�t verify that...but my right side is all bruised so it could be true. Here at work I have been giving a couple seminars in the past few days, and some of the smokers are saying they haven�t seen me in a long time. �Yes, that�s true!� I say. �35 days (as of today) to be exact. Tomorrow starts my 6th week as a non-smoker.� I don�t launch into a reformed smoker pitch, I always hated that. But if they ask, I�ll tell them about the Chantix and this great support group. I am so proud of everyone on this ship! We KNOW how to kick ash! I know I can do it this time...and stay quit! N O P E for me! (I don�t know what NIDS is, but I can sure make something up!) Rainie, I may be getting a new wardrobe...except it will be a little larger unless I start an exercise program PDQ! Fortunately for me I work for a clothing company! So o o o ---who is up for going to the race in Bristol? As Rainie said, it�s the first appearance of the Car of Tomorrow (whatever that is). Have to say my driver isn�t doing too well, in fact, he has only made one race. May have to look for another cutie to love and cheer for. Anyway, we leave at Noon on Sunday � I�ll have the chopper ready to go. It won�t be like Vegas, Faith, but maybe someone can tell us how we can get into some trouble in Bristol, Tn. Did I say TROUBLE? I didn�t mean TROUBLE, but those officers were real hunks, weren�t they? Mmm Hmm! I still say you shouldn�t have dared me! Well everyone, try to stay out of trouble, enjoy the sunshine, and chocolate (and wine for those of you who are ready to indulge again, I�ll pass for now). Enjoy your quit. Let the rest of us know what new thing you have discovered recently that you didn�t notice before you quit... Ok, I�ll go first... I can actually taste the smell of food! Bef
17 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just a quick sail by tonight Shipmates. I'm happy everyone had nice parties on the weekend. Hope someone had a drop of green beer for me on St. Patricks Day as I didn't have a chance to celebrate my half Irish heritage. Oh well, at least I felt good on Sunday ladies. ;) MomMom...you're a woman after my own heart...live life to the fullest every chance you get!!! Someday soon you will forget to think about craving and will suddenly think, wow, I'm feeling the freedom experience! Remember though...always stay vigilant cause the Old Nico demon can appear out of nowhere at any time and we need to stay ready for him. We must never forget to remember we are addicts to nicotine, even when we feel 100 percent free (at least I know this is true for me). Oh boy....thanks for the music...I needed that! Rainie, you've done an amazing job not to gain extra weight! I must admit I did gain a lot the first week or so, but did the cutting back on portion size too. Going back to a physical job, plus the extra excercise has done the trick for me, but I'd put it all back on and more if it meant staying quit!!! Are you still hectic at work sista? Any worries over the "empty nest" coming up? Let us know and we'll tell you all the good things that come with that! JT, sure hope your little one is feeling better soon. You needed a day off anyways, so hope you got to relax at least. I really didn't have much to do with the weight loss, it was more the new job, and wanting to walk now that my lungs don't protest so much when I get out going places. I'll join you dancing around in a circle with my hands in the air anyways....c'mon everybody...join in!!! Lady!!!!! It's always a special day when you stop in for a visit. :) ;) :) It's so good to see our very special Lady with those oh, so impressive stats. You're just the person we need popping in to let us know just how possible it is to keep the quit! Don't be a stranger ok? Life really is moving forward and good things are happening fast for all of us here on the Magic Ship. Hope I didn't forget to say hi or comment on anyone or anything I should have. I'm too tired to think straight or sing much tonight, so hope someone will will play me a lulliby while I'm drifting off to sleep. Pat First
  • Quit Meter

$121,132.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 964 Hours: 18

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: