Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,540 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

About to embark on a different journey ...

16 years ago 0 47 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Colleen, How are things going my thoughs & prayers are with you. John B [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
16 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Colleen... When I decided to quit...this time...i said to myself...self...this is going to have to be done a little differently if you want it to stick... I started thinking about it...a lot..what I needed to do... I kept watching the movies of my dad...with the cigarette hanging out of his mouth...thinking about...him...and...then..i'd think about watching him die...suffocating slowly... I thought about all the money i was wasting and what I could be doing with that.. I knew i was going to have to have a good support system..and was so happy when I found this place!! I got quit smoking hypnosis cd's...with lots of sessions on them..so i can listen to them over and over... at day 29..there is no more nicotine in my system... a lot of healing left to happen... but all of it..everything that's left is in my brain... it's an electronic rut...formed by years of doing the same thing...and i'm changing that rut...by refusing to pick up another cigarette..refusing to buy any more cigarettes... and i'm telling people... the first few days ...i said to my kids...do you even notice what i'm...NOT doing anymore????? lol Then my son gave me that pic on my pofile for Mother's day...and I knew that he did notice...that it was important to him. That rut is deep..and it will take a long time to re train it...but i believe it can happen...as long as we believe...and know that we're not alone...the journey...will not be so bad. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 725 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $130.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just4Today, Don't be embarassed. Working through the program tools is a great start to building up your list of coping mechanisms. Reading through our threads are also a great ressource for ideas. Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
16 years ago 0 149 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Colleen, I remember one day at the first of my quit, I just couldn't quit thinking about cigarrettes. I was making myself miserable. I decided to get on the site & one of the first things I read was "until you decide to get cigarretes out of your mind you make it harder to quit the addiction." That clicked with me. Stay busy with your Faith & determination. IT WORKS. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,890 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $220.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
16 years ago 0 47 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Also been there & done that. Best of luck. Work the program. ODAT friend of Bill W If you need anything please look for me, that will help me also. Look for non-smoking meetings. John B [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 82 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Taking on two addictions is hard. So, don't be so hard on yourself. Maybe take some time and get yourself ready, really ready. You can do it, but your heart and soul has to be there. I remeber when I got sober I was going to quit after a year sober, guess what that didn't happen. But then smoking wasn't such social stigma. So several years later I am quitting. Don't wait that long :eg: I wish you the best. You can and will get this done. Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 159 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Colleen Watching, hoping and with you all the way! Working what works. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 452 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,322 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3616 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 74 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Colleen. You,re courage is beyond reproach.The start of resolving a problem is in the recognition that there is one which you,ve already done. I personally believe that an addiction is an addication period. Mine was smoking and alcohol abuse.I,ve got the smoking under control and the alcohol abuse is coming along as well.Oh I still slip and fall the odd time with the alcohol but that is becoming less and less all the time. Don,t feel embarrassed and first and foremost be kind to yourself this is a major life change your embarking on. Hell I,m 68 years young and I found a lot of help here so visit often and ask a lot of questions your going to do just fine. ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,005 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $550 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
16 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
coleen welcome back you will do it this time congrats on doing this! lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 203 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,056 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �812 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
  • Quit Meter

$113,542.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6492 Hours: 3

Minutes: 9 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Colleen Don't be embarrassed. Quitting for all of us has not been easy. Just read some of the posts, all of us have one struggle or another. You are correct is seeking help, and this site is one of the best places to get it. Are you able to use NRT's or are you going at this cold turkey? I know I needed help and found it in Chantix (prescribed by a doctor) and of course this site. We all need someone to lean on, so lean on us and let us help you through the bad times. But do remember, it does get easier and easier as time goes on. Do the program to the left, have coping mechanisms ready (candy, gum, stir sticks, anything that helps)and keep coming here and let us know how we can help. You are a star and you can do this! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 75 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,890 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $375 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15

Reading this thread: