Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,540 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

new medication advice needed...

17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A chantix quitter as well. I took the full 12 weeks. Felt a little 'on edge' (translation: a b*+(h) for a day or two when I stopped the meds... nothing I couldn't handle. The reason for the 12 weeks is that while the nic is out of your system after the first 3 days, studies show that the cravings often continue. Most people fail their quits within the first 3 months. Recividism rates are high for quitters whatever method they use. The continued Chantix use is so that IF you do slip, it will hopefully be just that---a slip---not a relapse. If you slip and smoke, the Chantix makes the experience not enjoyable. The nic still doesn't reach the brain, therefore depriving your brain of that 'reward'. Easier to jump back on the wagon if the slip was no fun.... I recommend you continue the meds...but, if not...good luck (keep the quit) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 165 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,294 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1320 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm on chantix and was wondering if anyone knows what it's like when you stop. It makes me feel sick to my stomache for the first 30 min of each dose. So I've been taking only 1mg each morning and nothing at night. I would like to stop taking it as soon as I can. Don't misunderstand I think Chantix is wonderful. I quit very easily. I can remember saying and hearing smokers say, "I just wish they would come out with a pill that would make me not want to smoke". Chantix has been that pill for me. I would use it again. But I am ready to stop as soon as possible because of the sick feeling. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 287 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have not taken my morning pill yet. I think I will try to go without them. I'll report back and let everyone know how I do. Wish me luck! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 288 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sweet, We recommend checking with your doctor or pharmacist regarding medication dosages and side effects. They are knowledgeable and can guide you in the right direction :) Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: