Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,557 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

The Magic Ship Continues!

17 years ago 0 388 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Whoopie, I am ready to go. Can we be in Rio for my 2 month celebration? MomMom remember to take deep breaths. Count to 10 whatever helps. I remember I hit a point like that in week three. My dear brother call my husband to give him a little friendly advice. It was and I quote, "Take the kids, take the dog, run for your life she is ready to blow". He said I was hitting 0 to _itch in 10 seconds flat. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. They all gave me plenty of space. :blush: It gets so much easier and so much better. Nurse and hubby, have fun tonight, but take Rainie's advice. And once you leave you will know what a great job you did. Remember NOPE-Not one puff ever. Raine, have a blast at bike week. I swear you must know my brother. He does loves racing and bike week. He used to build bikes and owned a shop once. Oh course he is not as positive as you are. And he is still a smoker. Well, got to go on deck to start tanning. I need to look my best in the new suit. Oh course being the ship's Richard I will be handing out sweat bands and sweating to the oldies later. Hee Hee. Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 893 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $154 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
Goodmorning Shipmates, Just wanted to take a minute to check in. It seems here in Rio we are all running in different directions. But hey at least we are running. Quick update, still smoke free at 50 days. Walking very proud and tall today. Congratulations to all of us, we have many milestones on the ship this week. Let's plan a big party this weekend to celebrate. Maybe we can all be on the ship then. MomMom sorry this ship was quite. I hope you found a nice chair on deck and read a good book. Well I am going to run and scope out a good bar for our party this weekend. (Boy you got to love this ship when you can think you are going to do something fun, when really you are going to go sit in Atlanta's rush hour traffic:) ) Take care everyone and keep up the good work. Julie walks off singing ......... Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand Just like that river twisting through a dusty land And when she shines she really shows you all she can Oh Rio, Rio dance across the Rio Grande I've seen you on the beach and I've seen you on TV Two of a billion stars it means so much to me Like a birthday or a pretty view But then I'm sure that you know it's just for you-Duran Duran [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,007 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $175 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
Hi Everyone, It seemed like I lost the ship for awhile. I am glad I found it in time to say congrats to MomMom. Three weeks is awesome. It gets better from here. I want say it is always easy, but the fight for me doesn't seem as hard. Although rooouuuugh week at work. I have had several cravings at the end of the day. I think I have been through about two bags of suckers. (huh maybe that is why Julie has not lost weight) MomMom thanks for asking about the Dr. P. I am now down to three a day. Sometimes, one of the three is a large for McD's. Okay so I fudge a little. :eg: Speaking of fudge does anyone have any. I think the Capt. and I could use a little. Lynne we will have a special toast this weekend to celebrate your good news. I am sure now you are seeing everything on the beach. :) Faith you are looking great in the light as well. Remember we all now have glowing skin and a bright smile. I must say the boa looks great too. You are one awesome lady and an inspiration to us all. And if you need us to we all can start singing.....the sun will come out tomorrow you can bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow........ Freemom we are still looking for you. Maybe you are lost in the carnival that Pat was telling us about. Are we going to see you on the front page of the Enq...? Seriously we hope all is going well. We know that you are very busy right now, but we do miss you. Captain, that is wonderful about your friend. We will be pulling for him. You are so right, about saving lifes. With that said, I would like to give each of you a big ((((((((((((hug)))))))))))) and thanks for being there to help save my life. Okay enough of the hugging, after all I think we are a party ship. Pat did you say save our heads? I don't think I would look good fat and bawled. Of course we could save a lot of money on hair products. :)Remember crew, always look at the bright side. Well getting long so Julie walks off with Pat and MomMom singing Under the Boardwalk and looking for someplace to shag. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,037 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $178.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
Hey Gang, Just wanted to check in and thank you all. You ask why, well you know that there are a ton of things to thank each and everyone of you for, but let's start with just being you and being there. I had a 14 hour very stressful day at work. Did not have lunch, did not have dinner. That type of day. Got in the car to drive home and a tough craving hit. Starting eating the suckers, stop and got the biggest DR. P the place had. Then out of the blue or should say habit, I reached for my lighter and rolled down my window. Wow had not done that is at least 50 days. What the heck. I even thought about stopping at the store. Well that is where the thank you comes in. I thought about my family in GA and my family at SSC. I knew I could not let you all down. I also knew I could not let myself down. I had a long talk with myself for 30 miles in the car. Guess what I won. I did not want Raine to make me walk the plank when she got back. (hee hee) Well doing great now that I am back on the ship. Thanks for letting me vent. See yet another thing to thank all of you for. Now let's all get ready for the weekend party. (((((((hugs)))))))) to all Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,078 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $185.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
Hey Gang, Just wanted to check in and thank you all. You ask why, well you know that there are a ton of things to thank each and everyone of you for, but let's start with just being you and being there. I had a 14 hour very stressful day at work. Did not have lunch, did not have dinner. That type of day. Got in the car to drive home and a tough craving hit. Starting eating the suckers, stop and got the biggest DR. P the place had. Then out of the blue or should say habit, I reached for my lighter and rolled down my window. Wow had not done that is at least 50 days. What the heck. I even thought about stopping at the store. Well that is where the thank you comes in. I thought about my family in GA and my family at SSC. I knew I could not let you all down. I also knew I could not let myself down. I had a long talk with myself for 30 miles in the car. Guess what I won. I did not want Raine to make me walk the plank when she got back. (hee hee) Well doing great now that I am back on the ship. Thanks for letting me vent. See yet another thing to thank all of you for. Now let's all get ready for the weekend party. (((((((hugs)))))))) to all Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,078 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $185.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
Hi Gang, I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend. It was beautiful weather. Decided to spring clean my cabin. Have a great week. Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,115 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $192.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
Goodmorning all, A very early post since both me and my husband set my clock forward. I thought I was sleeping in. Hee Hee. Well it might be a good thing, since yet again I have another long day. Oh and before I forget again, Faith and all my wonderful shipmates thanks so much for your kind words and support from Saturday morning. You are all the best. Without you, I might not be at 2 months today. Yeah me. Mom Mom, I am so glad you and Faith had fun in Vegas. Are you sure you don't want to share pictures. Pat, great post. A huge congrats to all of our founding shipmates. I never thought quitting could be fun. It is only thanks to you that I can say that. Way to go on six weeks. Last, but certainly not lest, Freemom, we have the lifeboat ready to send out to you next week. Give us a yell and I will personally come and pick you up. Are would you rather take a chopper with Mom Mom. Either way is fine. Faith I am sure will have the chocolates and wine ready.Lynne will have a chair ready for you and Phil will dance. And you know all the support you will get from Raine, Pat and Capt.They are truly the best. Big (((((((((((hug)))))))))) shipmate. We will see you soon. Have a great Monday everyone. Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,124 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $196 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
Calling all shipmates - report on deck. We are starting a congo line in honor of Faith. She has five months today. We will have a party this weekend. Faith please let us know what you would like for your dinner, remember on the magic ship there is no such thing as calories or fat. Your wish is our command. Well got to run. Have a great evening everyone. Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,057 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $182 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
Faith, I must be a little math challenged myself. Too much work lately. Just arriving home yet again, but happier this time. It is 8 weeks today and one month Thursday. :blush: It just seems like two months. That works better anyway, maybe more time to play in celebration. Welcome back Rainie we missed ya. Capt. good to have you back on board also. Thanks everyone and have a great evening. Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,137 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $196 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
Good evening all, Welcome Redytoquit, you have purchased a ticket to a wonderful cruise ship. Oh you ask the price, well that is simple it cost you a smoke free life from here on out. Not easy, but well worth it. Rainie, Mom Mom and everyone thanks for your thoughts and prayers regarding my family friend. The funeral was today, not easy, but smoke free. When you think of the days ahead for his wife of 53 years, his children, and grandchildren, it really puts into perspective what we have to face. Nothing compared to that kind of lose. It just made me think again about how you should appreciate where you are in life. Raine if you talk to Pat, tell her we are thinking of her. Capt. sorry about the weather. Next time come to hotlanta. The courses seemed to be packed today. Freemom, if we are ever logged on at the same time, please IM me. I am an educator and a consultant in Sp Ed. If you need to vent or want support, I am here. I have 20 years experience. KY you are doing a great job in the kitchen. Thanks for making something for all of us that are gaining weight rapidly. Faith, I agree. The 40s are the new 20s, so the 50s are the new 30s. So how does it feel to be 35. :) Nurse, sorry to keep you so busy during your first week. Hopefully everyone will be better soon. After all we are smoke free and much healther now. Now Julie walks off very tired to her cabin. It has been a stressful week, but smoke free. She is singing........... "Sun is shining in the sky, There ain't a cloud in sight It's stopped rainin' Everybody's in a play And don't you know, It's a beautiful new day. Runnin' down the avenue See how the street shines brightly In the city on the streets Where once was pity, Mr. Blue Sky is living here today. chorus: Mr. Blue sky, please tell us why, You had to hide away For so long where did we go wrong. Hey there Mr. Blue, We're so pleased to be with you Look around see what you do, Everybody smiles at you Hey you with the pretty face Welcome to the human race A celebration Mr. Blue Sky's Up there waitin' and today Is the day we've waited for chorus: Mr. Blue sky, please tell us why, You had to hide away For so long where did we go wrong. Mr. Blue you did it r

This thread is locked.

Reading this thread: