Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,557 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

The Magic Ship Continues!

17 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What a fun ship we have. Did we stock up on enough rum while we were in Jamaica? I can't decide if I want a Pina colada or a Strawberry daquiri. It's quiet on board tonight - everyone must be sleeping after the Sat night parties.LOL. Or too much golfing and cheering for the racecar drivers today? So here's a mellow song for us all tonight... "When your down & troubled & you need a helping hand and nothing, oh nothing is going right. Close your eyes and think of me and soon I will be there to brighten up even your darkest night. You just call out my name & you know wherever I am, I'll come running to see you again. Oh, winter, spring, summer or fall all you've got to do is call and I'll be there yes I will You've got a friend" - James Taylor song that really should be the SCC theme song! Special message for MomMom - if you haven't already, PLEASE get rid of that stash in your car! It may be too tempting when one of those monster craves hits you and we don't want to see you mess up all your hard work. :gasp: Goodnight my friends. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 252 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $85.68 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
  • Quit Meter

$119,570.78

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6403 Hours: 0

Minutes: 42 Seconds: 37

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Good evening mateys. Well the trip is officially off - mixed blessing. Had a heart to heart with mom and turned out she also felt the timing was wrong and was afraid to tell us to cancel b/c she didn't want to disappoint the kids. But younger one doesn't really get it anyway and big one still not well enough to really be upset - esp when I told her we'd now have more time to plan her upcoming birthday party (an "Almost Sleepover" - willing to host 12-15 8 & 9 yr old girls but don't need them all staying over!). Truth is this trip was a big influence in my timing of quitting the cigs. I was a little worried about keeping my resolve up after we came back. Now I can get more time free from the smoke before I travel so it'll be more solid! So lets party on... "Celebrate good times, come on. Celebrate good times, come on. There's a party going on right here A celebration to last throughout the year so bring your good times and your laughter, too we're going to celebrate and party with you. CELEBRATION, lets all celebrate and have a real good time" Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Breathe in and breathe out - doesn't that feel good - must be the sea air (oh yeah, and the lack of smoky poisons being inhaled, too!) Now where is my chocolate fix? (And MomMom - I'll share that Pinot Grigio with you!) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 237 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $77.52 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
  • Quit Meter

$119,570.78

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Freemom checking in. Wouldn't you know it - as the 3 of us who were sick are starting to finally recover - the other daughter ends up with 103 deg fever and feeling awful!! Oh, I really need that cold drink and lounge chair in the sun now. But through it all no major craves. So I'm ok ... "I'm alright, ain't nobody worried about me. Why you gotta put up a fight? Why can't you just let it be?" - Kenny Loggins song from Caddyshack (for Mr. Magic and Pat!) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 214 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $69.36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
  • Quit Meter

$119,570.78

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Welcome MomMom - we'd love to have you aboard our ship. Before you pilot that helicopter out of here to take Rainie to the NASCAR races, come join us to groove to some tunes... "Everyone around the world, are you ready for a brand new beat? The summers here and the time is right for dancing in the street. Dancing in Chicago, down in New Orleans, don't forget the Motor city All we need is music, sweet music, there'll be music everywhere." Freemom dances off, humming the rest of the song, to spare her shipmates ears! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 227 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $73.44 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
  • Quit Meter

$119,570.78

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Wow Pat, you're certainly on a roll today with that music! Congrats on three weeks to you all - Captain, Rainie (aka Nascar Queen), Pat and anyone else getting there, too who's reading this.:) Between sickness, snow & more sickness, totally not ready for our trip to Fla in a few days - but not even totally sure its still on b/c of whole illness thing and Grandfather recuperating from major surgery and parents & Grandma drained and prob susceptible to germs we're not yet free of! :( We'll see.... But no real urge to smoke and that's something to cheer for .... "YEAH me!" Captain - enjoy your weekend lounging around the ship. Rainie - enjoy those races and keep "kicking butts" (away from you!). Pat, Faith, Julie - hope you'll be enjoying the drinks, music and dancercize classes on the ship. I'll try to check in when family lets me get near the computer. LOL. I do need that workout if I have a prayer of putting on a REAL swimsuit next week! Maybe its a good thing Fla isn't supposed to be so warm next week. Anyway, to get things moving ... "Let's get physical, physical ..." Olivia Newton John Hey - maybe we should start with water aerobics ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 227 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $73.44 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
  • Quit Meter

$119,570.78

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Whoa - its been a busy day and its just going to keep getting busier over the next few weeks! Just wanted to stop in to say "hi" and lets all keep up the good work on these quits. I'm working to keep that positive attitude up, but also trying not to think about things too much. Some song selections, both for Rainie's biker chick adventure and our upcoming detour to Rio .... "Born to be wild...." and "Ooh baby, baby, it's a wild world" Anyway, gotta go get ready for bed. Got another busy day tomorrow. On top of baskets, birthdays and big messes (my house, LOL) I've got to help my daughter deliver many boxes of GirlScout cookies. ***Freemom gives FaithFreedom a few boxes of ThinMints and Tagalongs to pass out to the crew of the Magic, in honor of staying afloat *** ***Though if Freemom doesn't start to exercise soon she may start weighing the boat down! LOL *** ;p
  • Quit Meter

$119,570.78

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Don't have much time. Yes, I suppose I am a basket case today. It's pouring and we have melting snow and we had some water issues out back and in the garage this morning, so it's already been one of those days and its not even 8:30 am! I keep reminding myself that even if I smoked, all the things stressing me would still be there, so what's the point? Faith, honey - I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling low. It's probably an after effect of being sick. I know it took all of us here a while to fully get back to normal, and I was feeling kind of numb, too - it should pass. Here, have some more Magic chocolate and some nice warm tea (no alcohol - it'll just make you blue in this state!) - maybe you could rent a funny movie to watch tonight - they say laughing helps cure the blues. Rainie - go have a great time at Bike Week. Watch that alcohol, too - you don't want to mess up the great record you've got going! Nurse - for what it's worth, you can only be responsible for your own quit. I think your hubby probably wants to quit, but maybe feels pressured to do it before he's prepared enough to walk away. But NurseHusband - don't play games too long! Try to get yourself motivated for yourself, soon! I actually understand this since one of the issues that is making this quit more challenging for me is the fact that I feel my husband pushed me into it before I was really ready... but we do our best to carry on once we're here! Anyway, quick tune: "I met her in a pub down in old Soho where they drink champagne and it tastes just like cherry cola, C-O-L-A, cola. She walked up to me and she asked me to dance I asked for her name and in a deep brown voice she said Lola, L-O-L-A, Lola" don't have time for the rest, but it IS a Fun song to hopefully bring a smile to Faith's face as well as everyone else on board - even the sleepy heads who are MIA this morn. Good Day to all! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 388 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $130.56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
  • Quit Meter

$119,570.78

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi Magic Shipmates. Have a few free moments to pop in. I guess we're all pretty busy these days. And some of us are struggling a bit more than others (What, who me?) But I am starting to get more focused on what I've gained from quitting - that whole POSITIVE ATTITUDE thing that Rainie keeps screaming about. You all really are such great inspirations. Our basket auction is in 3 weeks from yesterday and we have soooo much to do. :gasp: We have a lot of the stuff to go in them, but they actually have to be put together & shrink wrapped. Not too bad - just 100-125 baskets to go! LOL - At least all the baskets, items and wrapping IS NOT taking place at my house!! So song celebrating our freedom for this afternoon : "Someone saved my life tonight, sugarbear. Almost had your hooks in me didn't you dear? You nearly had me roped and tied. Paralyzed, hypnotized Sweet freedom whispered in my ear : You're a butterfly and butterflies are free to fly so fly away, high away, bye-bye" - Elton John *** Since Pat hasn't had much time to check in, Freemom thinks aloud ... "Now if I just had some of that magic fat-free, zero calorie yet delicious chocolate! Where is Faith?" *** [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 380 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $126.48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
  • Quit Meter

$119,570.78

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I'm so sorry my shipmates, due to stress, pressure, anger and a general confusion about my motivation to stop smoking, I have fallen overboard. I have thought hard about it all and have a more detailed posting in the Slips & Relapses Forum. I have discovered that I truly prefer myself and my life as a non-smoker. However, once I made that decision I was in a 2-week crunch period for this basket thing I'm doing and feel I cannot properly nurture myself and handle having a successful quit until it is done. I also know my motivation is now ME so the things that undermined me this time will not be an issue again - it was too easy to relapse when I felt this quit wasn't really MINE. I plan to come back aboard by the end of next week and I hope to have all your support and encouragement at that time. You are all doing great and I am so proud of you. Faith - you especially helped me find my direction - I was feeling so numb and then I "heard" your concern for me in a post and it brought me to tears and the determination to get back into the quit flowed through that. Thank you all and as the Terminator said, "I'll be back!" - Freemom
  • Quit Meter

$119,570.78

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 388 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Shipmates, Sorry I have not been on deck alot lately. I have been busy at work and exercising. That is right folks I have been going to the gym and walking. Yeah me. I am now at 5 miles. I was not a happy camper the last time I got on the scale. My philosophy in life has always been, if you don't like something then change it. Life is too short to live it unhappy. Therefore, I am an execising fool. :) I am also trying to quit drinking regular sodas (Dr. P). Unfortunately I can not drink diet, the artificial sweetener makes me sick. I tried again this weekend and it landed me on the couch. Oh well, that stuff can't be good for me anyway. So now I am trying to just drink three sodas a day. I know I know that sounds like a lot. Well for a week after my quit date, I was drinking 4 before 7:00 am. See I am making a lot of progress. So shipmates I pledge to you by summer there will be no more sodas in my cabin. I figured if I can quit smoking I can do anything. [color=Purple]Now picture JT at the front of the boat. Arms spread wide like she is flying. Are you seeing it. Okay your right I was thinking I was on the titanic, but that did not a good ending. Hee hee hee[/color] Okay instead I will just join in on the song "I believe I can fly....." Have a great day everyone. I will try to check in late. I am home with a sick child. My kids were playing with Freemom's kids. What can you do? Stay strong and smoke free. Life is truly great. Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 886 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $154 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19

This thread is locked.

Reading this thread: