Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,557 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

The Magic Ship Continues!

17 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Nurse. Sounds like you've boarded just in the nick (no pun intended) of time. Happy Birthday Faith (No its not mine, sorry). It sucks to be sick on your birthday, but give yourself the gift of pampering yourself and rest as much as you need to. Rainie - Great job on that 4 weeks! Sorry to hear you're feeling bad, though. Go home and crawl into bed and rest too. We can always reschedule the talent show for tomorrow night! Tho - Cap'n we do appreciate those Chippendale dancers you've hired! Whoooo Hoooo! I've got to get started on this exercise thing - I don't want to start weighing down the ship! It's all that chocolate and carbs I've been munching on.... I'll have to stick with "virtual" chocolate I guess. :( *** Just for you Faith **** "You say its your birthday, it's my birthday, too yeah. You say its your birthday Happy birthday to you. Yes we're gonna have a party party ....Happy Birthday ..." (The Beatles) See you all later! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 294 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $97.92 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
  • Quit Meter

$119,570.78

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6403 Hours: 0

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi mates! I'm having a very difficult week (I've got a long post in the avoiding relapse forum, tho maybe I should have put it in the cravings forum so it would be more visible!) but holding on by a thread. This thread in particular - you guys really help keep me floating and I'm grateful for that. Especially the laughs. Oh and the virtual drinks and chocolate and dance shows don't hurt. Anyway, tho I'm struggling I figured I'd still try to do my job musically. But I am in a melancholy mood so ... "Guess there are times when we all need to share the little things and ironing out the rough spots is the hardest part when memories remain. And its times like these when we all need to hear the radio cause from the lips of some old singer we can share the troubles we already know. Turn them on, turn them on,turn on those sad songs when all hope is gone Why don't you tune in and turn them on... Sad songs say so much." (Elton John) and now one to bring some positive spin to all: "Raindrops keep falling on my head and just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed Nothing seems to fit, those raindrops are falling on my head they keep falling. So I just did me some talking to the sun and I said I didn't like the way he got things done sleeping on the job, those raindrops are falling on my head they keep falling. But there's one thing I know - those blues they send to greet me won't defeat me. it won't be long till happiness steps up to greet me Raindrops keep falling on my head but that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turning red cryings not for me, cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complaining. Because I'm free. Nothings worrying me." (Burt Bacharach) Anyway, listening to these songs while typing the words has actually helped my mood a bit. Hope they help others too. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 311 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $102 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
  • Quit Meter

$119,570.78

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 25

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Ok Rainie, Cap'n etc... I'd guess that the time gained is some calculation based on how much and how long you smoked? Maybe the mods can explain it for us? My life stats are close to yours Rainie and I smoked much less. Go figure! There are lots of things about this quit I don't get right now. ***Freemom goes off to get some virtual exercise, humming *** "Don't go breaking my heart. I couldn't if I tried. Oh honey if I get restless Baby you're not that kind. Oh, oh and nobody knows it, nobody knows but when I was down, you were my clown and right from the start, I gave you my heart. Ohhhh I gave you my heart" -Sir Elton John (sort of signifies how we help each other here!) A wonderful smoke-free day to all. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 306 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $102 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
  • Quit Meter

$119,570.78

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Whooo Hooo! Look at those guys go! We all need to thank Mr. Magic for this "gift". :p Here's a song for the dancers: "Don't you want me baby? Don't you want me, ohhhh" Oh and of course this one: "It's raining men, hallelulah it's raining men, every specimen..." LOL!!!! Anyway, its getting late. Gotta go put myself to bed and hope for this week to end better than it started! Rough one. I do assume it will get easier. *** Freemom bops off of the computer, hoping for sweet dreams from tonight's show - and NO SMOKING ALLOWED! *** [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 300 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $102 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
  • Quit Meter

$119,570.78

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Welcome Lynne. Glad to have yet another person on board. Mr. M really loves these M:F ratios! (Is there a Mrs. M and if so, how does she feel about your socializing with all these ladies? LOL) Hope everyone who was sick is feeling better. They are predicting some snow overnight and I'm praying for none - I want those darling kids back to school so I can get back down to the stuff I need to do! *** Freemom tiptoes off, quietly humming so as not to wake up our sleeping nurse *** "Thank you for the music the songs I'm singing. Thanks for all the joy they're bringing. Who can live without it? I ask in all honesty, what would life be? Without a song or dance what are we? So I say thank you for the music, For giving it to me." - ABBA Freemom, Music Director of the Magic Ship [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 331 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $110.16 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
  • Quit Meter

$119,570.78

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi all. Today certainly was a regrouping day for me. I had a block of time to myself and I just spent time writing in the quit journal I started weeks ago and then forgot about. Also listened to lots of songs and took in their words on Itunes. In the process I did some soul searching and realized that I need to reclaim this quit for ME and to finally fully embrace it. I feel like I finally have and my new mantra is N.O.P.E. For tonight's (this morning's?) music I found a song to commemorate my internal battle & probably many of yours too. Another ABBA song, but its just a coincidence. "I don't want to talk about things we've gone through. Though it's hurting me, now it's history. I've played all my cards and that's what you've done, too. Nothing more to say, no more ace to play. The winner takes it all, the loser standing small Besides the victory, that's her destiny. I was in your arms, thinking I belonged there I figured it made sense, building me a fence Building me a home thinking I'd be strong there. But I was a fool, playing by the rules. The god's may throw a dice, their minds as cold as ice. And someone way down here loses someone dear. The winner takes it all, the loser standing small It's simple and its plain, why should I complain. The winner takes it all, The winner takes it all." AND let me add, I intend to be the WINNER, not the Nicodemon!!! Happy breathing everyone! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 337 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $114.24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
  • Quit Meter

$119,570.78

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Welcome to our Magic Ship Redytoquit. In your honor a bway song ... "Join us, leave your fields to flower join us, leave your cheese to sour join us, come and spend an hour or two. Doodly-doo. Journey, journey to a spot exciting, mystic and exotic. Journey, through our anecdotal revue. We've got Magic to do just for you we're got Miracle plays to play We've got parts to perform, hearts to warm Kings and things to take by storm as we go along our way" - Stephen Schwartz (from "Pippin") Rainie - if you hear from Pat, wish her our best and tell her we eagerly await her return. JT - I must have missed something, but it seems like sympathy is in order and I hope you are hanging strong and doing okay. Faith, Rainie, etc... I'm here and doing ok for tonight. If you read further on my "Struggling" thread you'll get some more insight (esp Serenity's post and my latest one) on where I'm at. Truthfully, after this I'm getting in my PJ's and just curling up under the covers and maybe watch a movie with hubby. Need to pamper myself a little! By the way, Cap'n M - you sound like my FIL - when he can't golf he watches on TV! Enjoy. So have a good Sat night everyone and lets all stay smoke free! **** Freemom heads to the kitchen for a chocolate fix before going up to get comfy under the covers. In our first mates absence, she quietly sings to herself *** "If you go down to the river, bet your gonna find some people who live. You don't have to worry cause you've got no money people on the river are happy to give. Big wheels keep on rolling, Proud Mary keep on rolling. Rolling, rolling, rolling on the river." (Ike & Tina Turner) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 323 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $106.08 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$119,570.78

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi. Freemom reporting for Roll Call as Music Director. Hanging in there - been busy on-line ordering favors and supply stuff for daughter's upcoming birthday party! I'm off to do baskets now. Later Mates! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 353 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $118.32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$119,570.78

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hey JT and Pat - count me in on that shopping trip. I love looking for bargains (especially with virtual money!) Welcome aboard Kygirl - the more the merrier on this cruise to freedom. Everybody breathe in that fresh sea air - doesn't it feel good? Hopefully soon there won't be any coughing to go with it LOl tho my coughing now is mostly the end result of this nasty virus we've all had. Tho maybe part of it's my lungs are finally clearing out all the gunk from the cigs. Hooray! Got an interesting bit of info from my Chantix check-in before. It said that menthol is put into cigarettes not so much for taste/flavor but as a NUMBING AGENT so you don't feel as much discomfort and cough as much when you smoke!!! (Think of menthol cough drops). That seems pretty deceptive - it shocked me, since I smoked menthols. Other ingred in cigs do similar things. It would be interesting to get a list of other ingredients that they put in there to feed our addictions. I know nicotine is the MAIN addictive substance, but bet we'd all be surprised by what else they contain. I'd love to know! Anyway, time to do some dancersize to counteract all the wine & chocolate! "I'm solid gold, I've got the goods. They stand when I walk through the neighborhood. I'm making it, I got the chance I'm taking it No more no more faking it, This time in life I'm making it." David Naughton song, which brings to mind another song(commercial) and another sometime addiction... "I drink Dr. Pepper and I'm proud. I'm part of an original crowd. Ask any pepper and he'll say Only Dr. Pepper tastes that way. I'm a Pepper, he's a Pepper, she's a Pepper, they're a Pepper. Wouldn't you like to be a pepper, too?" No Freemom isn't nuts, just wondering what exactly is in that Diet Dr. Pepper that does seem to make it addictive to all who drink it. And it does fly off the store shelves as soon as it comes in - people buy it up. Wonder if it shares any ingreds with cigs? Wonderful days and happy (aah) free breathing to all! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 258 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $85.68 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
  • Quit Meter

$119,570.78

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Amazing - miss a few hours and have pages of posts to read! Sure did help already. Today was "one of those mornings" when the evil thoughts came - but I think I've kicked their ash out of here. I'm getting cabin fever -between nasty weather, sick kids, fiscal "probation" and just plain laziness I haven't been out of the house in days! And moodiness (hormones, too - sorry Mr. M, Phil and other male lurkers - but its reality once a month!) and boredom were trying to lead me astray. But never fear - I'm back and strong and thinking of that beach. (What great inspiration!) Rainie - we missed you, glad to hear you're still going strong. Sorry about your daughter - I sympathize with taking care of those sick kids. Get lots of liquids into her so she won't get dehydrated. JT - love your walking plan - count me in. I used to walk on a regular basis and you've pushed me to start back up when the kids go back to school. Till then - maybe dancing to music will do - my kids will prob go for that! Freemom thinks of a song ... "Dance away the heartache, dance away the tears..." (Roxy Music) Thanks for that bump Lady - gonna check out that list next. Kygirl, MomMom so glad you're both joining us on this ship. The more the merrier and laughter sure does help boost you up when you start to feel low and a bit weak. Faith - you are amazing and such an inspiration - you are the veteran on this ship and we're so glad to have you here with us to tempt us to that beach and share the fun with. Don't want to forget you Cap'n M - we would love to hear some of dem blues on the harmonica - rum or no rum! Freemom remembers an old song ... "They heard the breeze in the trees, singing sad melodies. And they made that the birth of the blues. And from a jail came the wail of a down-hearted quail and they named that the birth of the blues. From a whipperwill out on a hill, they took a new note pushed it thru a horn till it was born into a blue note And then they nursed it, rehearsed it and gave out the news that the South land gave birth to the blues." Sang that in chorus back in elementary school LOL - funny the things that stick with us! Anyway, stay strong everyone and "talk" to ya later. And yes, I will be getting out this evening to g
  • Quit Meter

$119,570.78

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

This thread is locked.