Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,557 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

The Magic Ship Continues!

17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone, I just wanted to share... I was waiting for something good to report, and today it took until this afternoon before I really thought much about a cigarette. AND I walked up 2 flights of stairs and suddently realized that I wasn't out of breath. Not since I was much, MUCH, younger has that happened. I am thrilled. Can't wait to see what else I can do! Yeah, I love this quit! MomMom [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 380 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $58.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
[size=4]Cheers to Julie[/size]
Roll Call CallMeMomMom - official (helicopter) pilot; Mom to Nurse 29, MIL to Nurse29Husband (who has yet to board, I think he's scared) chocolate addict; jellybean loser, and I still have a few secrets up my sleeve that you have yet to discover. Most importantly, I am a NON SMOKER!!! Yay! I can breathe!
Happy Monday all...(Did someone say oxymoron?). I'm doing okay, even without my jellybeans. Hope you are all recovering from whatever ails you, and the weekend storm also. 'Twas rather a bust here in the Philly area, but that's okay. Nurse, good job getting N29H to join the site. Let me know what your allergist has to say, and, oh yeah, a massage sounds GREAT! Keep doing what you are doing, and remember you are a non-smoker now. 3 down, 1 to go. Capt Sir, if I am not being too forward, can I ask if you made the decision to continue your little blue pills beyond the intial 12 weeks? What influenced your decision, and how do you feel about it? Even tho' I am only half-way through the first month, it's something I am contemplating. Does anyone have any stats on how many people go beyond the 12 weeks, and how many stop medicating prior to 12 weeks? I vow to do the first 12, and then I'll make the decision (along with my doctor). Rainie, congratulations on your 31 smoke-free days. Loved your post about choice, right on, girlfriend. With each crave I will choose not to smoke...ever again! Our Big Guy is watching over all of us! Great race, even if the #55 didn't qualify. He is going to have his problems for another year, I guess. We all made it back safe and sound, and the corporate jet plane was a terrific way to travel! Here's a little ditty to get everyone moving today...Stay quit, and I'm off to another boring meeting! MomMom Just take those old records off the shelf I'll sit and listen to 'em by myself Today's music aln 't got the same soul I like that old time rock 'n' roll Don't try to take me to a disco You'll never even get me out on the floor In ten minutes I'll be late for the door I like that old time rock'n' roll [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 371 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $58.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
Welcome Redytoquit... Glad to have you aboard. If you are a NASCAR fan, be sure to meet us at the helipad at Noon on Sunday, as we are taking the magicopter to the race in California. Actually, we are going to meet a private jet that will get us there and back much more quickly than the copter. Tell Pat we will miss her, hope its nothing too serious and hope she is back on board with us soon. Nurse 29 is working 4 straight 12's, and when she isnt working, she's sleeping. She is moving next weekend so we may not hear much from her. She reports that she is still smoke free! I was watching the youngest granchildren tonight, ages 5 and 2, and remarkably I am still smoke free! (However the cat has started smoking) After they were gone and I was ready to relax I thought to myself "this is when I would have smoked about 3" but I really didn't even have an urge. Chantix is a godsend. Everyone on board seems to be doing well, you guys have seen me through the worst of it (i hope the worst is over) and I appreciate your support more than you know. Oh, btw, I didn't buy chocolate at the store today....switching to jelly beans (my dentist will be thrilled). We'll see... Big storm headed this way now...it looks like we will get 2-4 and a lot of ice/sleet/frz rain. We had a little snow over a week ago, but that's all for this winter. So glad I'm on board this ship where it's always sunny and warm. Have a good Sunday all! Here's a little Simon and Garfunkel to sign me off. Slow down, you move too fast. You got to make the mornin' last. Just kickin' down the cobblestones, Lookin' for fun and feelin' groovy. Ba da da da da da da, feelin' groovy. Hello, lamppost, whatcha knowin'? I come to watch your flowers growin'. Ain'tcha got no rhymes for me? Doo it doo doo, feelin' groovy. Ba da da da da da da, feelin' groovy. I got no deeds to do, no promises to keep. I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep Let the morningtime drop all it's petals on me Life, I love you, all is groovy! Ba da da da da da da ba bap a dee... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 329 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $48.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Se
Welcome fagashlynne, we can use all of the medical professionals we can get on this ship. You have your work cut out for you! Nurse29, don't replace smoking with knocking a few back. only joking kid. Try making grandchildren instead. LOL So glad you are still smoke free. You passed the test. What a team! Faith, so glad you are feeling better and able to join us. Want to celebrate your birthday again since you were kind of down and out the first time? I wonder if there is any cake left...? You probably healed more quickly without the nic in your body. I'm glad to know that chocolate is considered FOOD!!! I thought I had switched to jellybeans, but the bags I bought for Easter (which is only 5 weeks away) have suddenly disappeared. I must have forgotten where I put them. I'll look again. The darned rabbit must have been here, taken every last jellybean, and left the empty bags in the trash! Imagine that! Welcome aboard to all of the new passengers. It's bright and sunny here in Calif. for the race. I predict that somebody will win today! Capt, when do we sail again? Don't leave without us... Made it through another weekend...I am so proud! Let's all keep up the good work. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 348 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $53.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
Happy Birthday FaithFreedom! Looking forward to the festivities in your honor today! The whole ship is a-buzz...I have no idea what is in store for you, and even if I did, I wouldn't tell you and spoil the surprise. Oh, and the Magicopter and I are at your service today to fly wherever your big heart desires. Have a wonderful, non-smoking day...think how good that cake will taste this year! MomMom Happy Birthday ~Stevie Wonder You know it doesn't make much sense There ought to be a law against Anyone who takes offense At a day in your celebration Cause we all know in our minds That there ought to be a time That we can set aside To show just how much we love you And I'm sure you would agree It couldn't fit more perfectly Than to have a world party on the day you came to be Happy birthday to you Happy birthday to you Happy birthday (There's more, but this seemed to be the most fitting part) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 248 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $38.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
Thank you all for the good wishes. Couldn't have done it without you. Well, maybe I could have, but it wouldn't have been nearly as much fun! Today, especially this morning, was very rough, but I am doing better now. Have to share a little good news...my daughter let me know today that her quit is only one day behind mine. Hadn't talked to her for a couple days, so I was pleasantly surprised that she has done so well cold turkey. Her husband is also trying to quit, but she didn't say how he is doing. Wish I could get her to this site...she would love it. I am so looking forward to the talent show tomorrow night. Capt, you ready to pucker up and blow some blues? I was practicing my juggling in my cabin this morning, but I gave it up when I heard yelling each time I missed...I guess bowling balls falling on the floor at 5 a.m. were waking up some sleepyheads. Sorry! Rainie, how was the fishing today? I really wanted to join you, I LUV fishing! You can probably see the fish before you catch them in this beautiful clear water! Martinique tomorrow! I'm ready! Is it a non-smoking island? Thanks again, mates! Full Speed Ahead to the Land of Quit! MomMom [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 234 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $33.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
Just a quick message to ask for your support for Nurse29, who came to the site today for the first time. She is someone VERY close to me, so a warm welcome in your own inimitable style is appreciated. Thanks mates! MomMom [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 251 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $38.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
Hey everybody, We got ourselves a health professional! Someone to "patch" up any "cold turkeys" and hand out those little blue pills! (No, Capt Sir, the "other" little blue pills) Nurse, a couple shipmates seem to be a bit under the weather: Faith needs some TLC so she can attend her birthday party tonight. And please see if you can help Rainie...we need her at the birthday bash tonight. Are you a "mental health" professional? A few of us could use one of those as well. Methinks you may have a busy day, but find some time to brush up on your special talent for FaithFreedom's birthday bash tonight. Stay quit! MomMom Why is it that doctors call it "practice"? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 254 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $38.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34

This thread is locked.

Reading this thread: