Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,559 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

The Magic Ship Continues!

17 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
***Pat moseys down the main deck swaying ever so elegantly while not falling off her 7� high heeled strappy sandals, long legs appearing endless in short, skimpy bedazzled gown twinkling like the Vegas Strip and throws the end of her enormously fluffy, multi colored to match the gown, feathery boa over her white shoulder as she adjusts her comedian�s tiara while smiling :) broadly and waving adoringly to all her friends*** Ahoy Maties!!! Oh my gosh, I�ve missed you so much, Captain Mr.Magic, Rainie, Faith, Freemom, JT, MomMom, KyGirl, Nurse 29, (Welcome and hello Nurse29 Hubby and thanks for joining us), our occasional visitors who�ve become too many to name individually and of course our master of the one liners and soon to be Chippendale auditioned Phil. Did I miss anyone or anything really important? There�s so much going on here these days, that it�s hard to tell, so apologies all around if I did miss anyone and also for all those lovely milestones I wasn�t here to toast and dance to. Thanks to everybody for all your well wishes, your posts here and in stats parade that I haven�t had time or opportunity to reply to say thanks for your kind support. :) Wow, wow, wow you all have been doin a zimplyyyy marbelousssss job keeping this Magic Ship smoke free, sailing a straight course through these exotic islands on our way to the Land of Quit and keeping our party boat the �happenin� place it�s renowned to be. YOWWSERSSSS, WAHOOOOO, did my eyes deceive me or did I JUST READ�.WE�S GOING TO RIO????!!!! :8o: Aye carrrrrumba, disculpe mia amigos, Rio is for Partiers not your parents people! :eg: So ditch the old folks and the underaged hold us backs and :eg: Let�s get all gussied up girls and guys� break out the wine and martinis serving wenches, where�s the passer outer of the chocolates, we need our music director to blast us some happenin� rockin� bluezzy tunes (Not just any blues mind you, some get down, start crying, begging for more blues, you wouldn't get depressed blues, but the real feel good blues), don�t forget that chef extrordinare to whip up some pure culinary delight, plus our exercise guru to ensure we all keeps our heavenly figures (Pat�s walked at least 10 miles since Saturday), the new healers of boo bo
  • Quit Meter

$121,248.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 965 Hours: 18

Minutes: 15 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

****Pat skips down the deck with a saucy twinkle in her eye while humming **** Wild thing, you make my heart sing You make a everything, groovy Yeah wild thing Yeah wild thing Yeah yeah wild thing Yeah yeah yeah wild thing Oh sock it to me Wild thing -The Troggs Good Morning Cap�n, shipmates and visitors, Julie CONGRATULATIONS on 50 smoke free days!!!! You should be walking very proud and tall today. Mind if we walk beside you and celebrate with you??? Count me in for the weekend celebration (even if I have to work at defending the world from pirates for a bit of it) for all the milestones we�ve reached this week. Keep up the great ash a$$ kicking job�you�re HALF WAY TO THE BEACH!!! Oh�I had so much fun on the beach with all y�all yesterday (shhhh, Lynn�don�t let Faith hear all the juicy details you�re gonna share with us about the beach, hint hint, wink wink) �isn�t it nice that we never have to worry about looking good in our suits or struttin our stuff here on the Magic Ship? Faith sweetie pie, hunny bunches��..you looked so smashing walking down the boardwalk all gussied up like that�by the way�.it was in FULL DAYLIGHT, everyone watching had 20/20 VISION and not a drop of the BUBBLY in them. All your shipmates joined in with the locals cheering and applauding you while you strutted your stuff in time to that glorious music JT cranked up by Duran Duran, with your mesmerizing smile and your boa flowing ever so gently in the breeze (it could never interfere with you golf swing being so soft and cuddly like it is). MomMom, oh boy�going fishing at the end of the month sounds like an awesome reward for all your hard work kicking the ashes a$$! Yippee, sure hope you enjoy that! Say hi to Nursey and Hubby (tell him to read THE BOOK please) and we look forward to having them join us in Rio! Now, as soon as we get settled on the beach, I�ll send that cute little waiter with the six-pack abs and the pretty drinks with the little umbrellas in the top right over to take your order�maybe he has a friend or two that can dance or serve chocolate or run our errands for all us wenches�hee hee, unless you have anything specific in mind�like keeping all the nasty party poopers�er, I mean�smokers off our part of the beach? Now, would you mind
  • Quit Meter

$121,248.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

***Pat wanders around our nearly empty ship shaking her head and wondering what part of Rio nearly all her shipmates are partying in tonight, searching for a note or directions of some kind so she join them*** MomMom�.sounds like you�re really doing an awesome job in your quit!!! We�re so glad to hear that you�ve been able to share your success with your family and friends. Keep tooting your horn!!! Making it through 21 days is an awesome achievement and things will only get easier as time goes by�remember to be vigilant at all times and your wonderful positive attitude will carry you through. I do believe we all go through the smelly, stinky�.love it hate it stages of second hand smoke. The smell just gets worse for me at least as time passes and the thought of smoking becomes less attractive�yuckkyyy is right. Well, well, well now Captain Magic�snaps to attention and gives my best first mates salute�your wishes for your wenches to have a topless :gasp: weekend are our command, sir. ****HEAR YE HEAR YE, WENCHES OF THE MAGIC SHIP**** :8o: :8o: BY ORDER OF THE CAPTAIN�WE ARE GOING TOPLESS THIS WEEKEND :eg: :eg: (That�s right ladies�no hats, no toques, no headscarves, no beanies, no tiaras, no crowns, or any other brain/noodle coverings are to be worn this weekend�all tops must be au natural�our Captain does it all the time, so we wenches can too...Cap�n do you mind if we ask....are you...er...follicaly challenged and if so, do we needs to be shavin off our glorious locks in order to fulfill all your wishes?) :p ;p We are glad to hear you have helped your friend and that he knows you�ve saved his life. Here, Captain, have my bandana to wipe anything that gets in your eyes, as I�m sure I�m not the only one who agrees that we are indeed supporting each other, and ourselves and that it is a matter of life and death and does save more lives than we�ll know of. Now, Captain Mr.Magic Sir���. looks like MomMom sashayed off, with a little wiggle and a jiggle and a fluffy red boa) (and the chocolate)���so c�mon let�s get a move on it and see if we can�t catch up with everyone at that special bar Julie scouted out for our party this weeke
  • Quit Meter

$121,248.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

***Pat yawns and smiles while carrying her coffee toward the pool to relax and sunbathe before heading off for the beaches of Rio with her binoculars and camera to take in the magic of the scenery�hint hint, wink wink�Rainie needs pictures of the beautiful people�er, I mean waves�. on the beach for when she gets back from bike week so we can compare pictures and notes on what�s the most fun, Rio or Bike week*** Good Morning Cap�n Mr.Magic, Shipmates and visitors, Ahhhhhhh���isn�t Rio an exciting stop people??? Wiggle into your teeny weenies, throw your favorite wine and chocolate in our picinic basket and c�mon to the beach with me!!! I know Faith, it�s not the REAL BEACH�but we�re getting sooooo much closer now so the practice will do us good! Who knows what fun we�ll have today and the sights we might see as the sun goes down and the stars come out to shine. :8o: Sure hope everyone had a great weekend. Seems like almost everyone is sailing along smoothly in our quits. If not�.start posting people�.that�s what our shipmates are here for on the Magic Ship! Plus, we need some good jokes�or funny stories or even some words that inspire some magic�.everybody�s way too busy and serious these days���so c�mon people� LET�S PARTY!!! Nurse29, you�ve gotten some great advice to keep your quit separate from anyone else�s. You are doing a great job and we are all here for you and your hubby whenever you need us. :) Nurse29 Hubby, sorry to hear you�re having a hard time sticking to your quit. Have you read the highly recommended easyway book by a certain Mr. Alan C*rr? For anyone struggling, this may be a very, very helpful tool to put our addiction into perspective and remove the belief that quitting is depriving us of something, is difficult or that it requires amazing amounts of willpower. Rainie�s not onboard this week to do it, so I�m shouting out for her�because this is my belief too: POSITIVE, :)positive, :)positive :) attitudes will bring us POSITIVE, positive, positive things and get us where we want to go everyone! Laughter, music, good wine, fine food�love for what we enjoy and our shipmates, friends and families�all the good stuff in life will take us further than we ever dreamed possible! Good thoughts all the time and the most
  • Quit Meter

$121,248.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 84 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Guys! Great to see your all doing so well. I haven't been coming to visit as much, but have stopped in and read at least one or two posts from Newbie's every couple of days. Got a big gambling trip to Vegas next week. I am a little nervous because you can smoke everywhere there, but I don't think I'll run into too much trouble. Peace. Jimmy the Mick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 943 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $357.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello, my friends! I'm still pretty fuzzy around the edges, but maybe it's like sitting in the dark. I just look so much better in the dark or when being viewed by those with poor eyesight! Ha! Rio -- yes, that's just the ticket! That should perk me up in no time! PAT: Welcome back, my friend! You've been sorely missed -- see? I'm starting to feel better, just hearing from you and having you back on board! (I SAW you trying to pry BEACH information out of Lynne! Well, let's just see if she's willing to give you any of the secret beach information!) The boa is perfect -- thank you! I look GOOD!! (well, in the dark among people who can't see well -- or are really drunk!) MOMMOM: Another reward coming for you -- woo hoooooooo!! Your sweetie sure does sound like a keeper! You are doing SO well in your quit -- congratulations to you! LYNNE: That is EXCELLENT news about your eyes -- itn't it great fun to discover something positive that was unexpected about being a nonsmoker? Good for you!\ CAP'N: Have you checked out the golf availability in Rio? We MUST plan an outing soon -- I really need to get out of the house. Hmmmmm, I wonder how this feather boa will affect my golf swing?? KYGIRL: Keep up the fine job you're doing on your quit -- be very, very proud! Glad you're a part of our team! FREEMOM: Where are you??!!! Everything okey-dokey with you? (All those baskets notwithstanding!) NURSE29: I know how disappointed you are about your hubby's quit -- I also know you realize you can only protect your own and you're being sorely tested, I know. But my husband still smokes and frankly, it CAN make your quit stronger in the face of his smoking! It sounds odd, I know, but it really can work that way. I send you peaceful thoughts and lots of hugs! Love to you all! Keep the faith! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 148 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,957 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1184 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
Ahoy, Shipmates! I haven't been on board or on site much lately, been in a real weird funk. I just feel kind of numb, dead. I'm still under the weather and haven't fully recovered from the flu, but now it just feels more like an emotional numbness. Nothing seems to move me, literally or figuratively. I hope it passes soon, I don't much like this at all! I've been thinking more about smoking lately -- I know I won't smoke, I've come too far. But where I used to feel such pride and confidence in myself about my quit, I don't right now. It's no longer a source of pride -- it just is what it is, I guess. And I have zero confidence in myself about much of anything right now. I know it's bad, because even my wine and chocolate aren't perking me up! Ok, I'm rambling, and that's why I've stayed away lately, because I just haven't had anything positive to say. I know this funk will pass and I will continue to be a nonsmoker. I still love all my shipmates and I'm so very proud of all of you in your quits -- I'm just not a real barrel of laughs right now, I'm afraid. (I have started on Prozac and I'm only about 5 days in -- maybe that's why.) I had been on Wellbutrin for several years for anxiety, but quit recently because of severe dry mouth and dental problems. Thankfully, our wonderful First Mate is back -- boy, we missed you, Pat! Please stop in with your wonderful wit -- I need a laugh or two right now. MomMom, you passed a great test tonight -- I'm so glad your smoking friends showed you the kind of respect they did. Bless them -- and you! I'll be around for the weekend -- not much life around here, but I will be checking in. Love you all Keep the faith [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 144 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,798 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1152 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
Oops! I forgot my song -- this is dedicated to MomMom! "BAD GIRLS, BAD GIRLS!!" What you gonna do, what you gonna do When they come for you -- BAD GIRLS, BAD GIRLS"!!!
As usual, First Mate Pat: WELL SAID!! You are the BEST!!! We'd be lost without you -- shipwrecked, as it were!! Don't ever leave us, you hear? Now, thank you, shipmates, for the fabulous party this weekend to celebrate my 5 months as a nonsmoker! Are those Chippendale boys just TOO special?!! (Phil: WAS that you behind those Foster Grants?) MomMom and I are exhausted because we followed up the party with a helicopter trip to Vegas! We were "bad girls"! But, of course, MomMom, you know that "what happens in Vegas STAYS in Vegas", right? So, no details for the shipmates who stayed behind, ok? It's our little secret! Ha!! Too fun! Thanks for watching my back at the tables, MomMom! I have to congratulate the original three Magic Shipmates -- M'Lady, Rainie (where ARE you, girl??) and Mr. Magic, our stalwart Capn'. All three are beyond or near abouts the six week mark as nonsmokers! Wooooooo hooooooo!!!! We are SO proud of you three! Keep it going! Thanks for the great weekend, gang! Be kind to yourselves for Monday now, ok? Love you all --- Keep the faith! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 154 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,195 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1232 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
Julie: What a great job you did for yourself today! I know that was a tough one, but I'm so glad you're hearing voices OTHER than Nic! You heard all of our voices (some shrill, some pleading, some scolding, but ALL caring) -- but most importantly, you listened to your OWN strong voice! You will indeed be stronger for such a day and your quit is that much stronger now, too. Congratulations! Hugs from here all the way to you ------ Keep the faith -- and your AWESOME quit! See you at the party! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 152 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,117 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1216 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0

This thread is locked.

Reading this thread: