Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,555 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Would you like a mentor?

17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Gypsycat! I'm sure somebody will come along soon who would love to be your mentor. The same goes for you chicknoodle. There are many people waiting to be mentors. The best way to meet up is to use the SSC messenger, that way you can exchange email addresses. Good luck to both of you! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 368 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,214 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1519.84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
bump. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 386 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,659 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1594.18 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
I think this thread is getting too big and it's time to start a new one. Mods, can you lock this one? I will start a new one with the most recent list of who needs a mentor and who is willing to be a mentor and all of that good stuff, but I think it's time to start a new thread. Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 399 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,994 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1647.87 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Danielle: I no longer think I need a mentor...I think I am over the worst (Thank God for Chantix!) However, nor do I feel I am strong enough to mentor others...I'll let you know when I think I am at that point! Great that this has come forward again, as I think it is an excellent idea! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 77 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,875 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $616 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok team, time for a new thread! This one will no be locked which means you can't reply to this thread but you can read it. Join us on the new mentor thread. Thanks BFS for showing the initiative. Danielle _______________________ The SSC Support Team
Hi everyone, Here's an updated list: Mentors available: Riverdale Man (outside the SSC only), Ron, Islandgirl, Chickstarr, Free, Grace,Deli, Katy, N2K, ParrotLady Mentors needed: Gonnadoit, Pinktexas, Windy, Wackydog, Stormy, Precious27, Misey1, Glory, Sissy, Chicknoodle, gyspsycatcat, poodle lady Let's add to the list! Who wants to be a mentor and who needs one? Danielle ___________________________ The SSC Support Team
Hi everyone, Here's an updated list: Mentors available: Riverdale Man (outside the SSC only), Ron, Islandgirl, Chickstarr, Free, Dutch Fini (available for those residing in Europe), Grace, Phil, Deli Mentors needed: Gonnadoit, Pinktexas, Windy, Wackydog, Stormy, Precious27, Misey1, Glory, Sissy, Chicknoodle, gyspsycatcat, peteg Let's add to the list! Who wants to be a mentor and who needs one? Danielle ___________________________ The SSC Support Team The SSC Support Team
Hi everyone, Here's an updated list: Mentors available: Riverdale Man (outside the SSC only), Ron, Islandgirl, Chickstarr, Free, Grace,Deli, Katy, N2K, ParrotLady, Fagashlynne Mentors needed: Gonnadoit, Pinktexas, Windy, Wackydog, Stormy, Precious27, Misey1, Glory, Sissy, Chicknoodle, gyspsycatcat, poodle lady, simplesong Let's add to the list! Who wants to be a mentor and who needs one? Danielle ___________________________ The SSC Support Team
Dorothy, Having the temptation accessible is dangerous, give some thought to getting rid of them. Life stressors can increase cravings. In the past, when you were stressed you smoked to momentarily avoid, escape and ulimately cope with the stressor. Now that you've quit you have to find new ways to cope with life stressors. Try relaxation techniques, distractions, rewards for staying smoke free and journalling. Hope this helps. Danielle ________________________ The SSC Support Team
Hi everyone, Here's an updated list: Mentors available: Riverdale Man (outside the SSC only), Ron, Islandgirl, Chickstarr, Free, Grace,Deli, Katy, N2K, ParrotLady, Fagashlynne, Cheermom, Phil Mentors needed: Gonnadoit, Pinktexas, Windy, Wackydog, Stormy, Precious27, Misey1, Glory, Sissy, Chicknoodle, gyspsycatcat, poodle lady, simplesong, jaset, missthing1974, Dorothy Let's add to the list! Who wants to be a mentor and who needs one? Danielle ___________________________ The SSC Support Team

This thread is locked.

Reading this thread: