Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,551 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Would you like a mentor?

17 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Poodle Person, please forgive my impertinence, but with all due respect, refusing to tell family about a radical change in your own life cuts them out of your life; claiming that your refusal to do so somehow protects them from your (possible/anticipated?) failure gives you permission to fail. Revoke that permission, give your family a chance. The addict in you is hedging its bets. If you want to refuse something, refuse the addict, embrace the quit, and allow your spouse/children/poodle/poodle skirts to embrace, enfold, and support you during this challening time. Me, I have all kinds of voices in my head, but I'm slowly discerning the addict from the real me. (What was that you said, Toto?) Good luck! peteg
17 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I would LOVE to have a mentor; what's the process? Just ask? I have messenger at home, but not here at work. (I also have no idea how it works, but I figure I can learn.) I'm 53 and can't believe that I put down cigarettes after almost 40 years; I agree with whoever says putting down alcohol at the same time is a big help. I was smoking almost 3 packs a day and throwing back about a half-gallon of wine each night. On Day 5 of total abstinence, and never felt better. (A little nervous about the weekend, though.) Thanks! peteg [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 217 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Last month I quit for 22 days and than for god knows why started up again. Eveyone in my office smokes except for one crazy anti smoking fanatic. Our CEO had quadruple bypass this month and he is only 49 years old and the Dr.s said it was 90% due to smoking. My fiance is highly alergic to nicotine (her mouth breaks out if I kiss her). I told her we wouldn't get married until I quit... it has been two years. I have been on and off during the whole time. This must stop and stop now. I have already put a couple of buddy request in. I online all day long so please feel free to buddy me. Thank you. Ed... not the Mr. Ed... I'm a new one. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 17 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My first post here, and not familiar with all the technicalities, but would love a mentor, certainly need guidance regarding the use of this site, and will need absolutely help with my quit. Have enjoyed already some of the posts read, and don't it all ring true? I'm 15 days into quitting 50 a day for about 35 years. Gave it up once before for 4 years,30 years ago. This time is forever, if I've cheated the reaper thus far, I'm not going to push my luck. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 877 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $329.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
faith, i would be happy to be your mentor lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 572 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �152 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
  • Quit Meter

$113,547.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6492 Hours: 10

Minutes: 15 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi all, I don't know if i am too much of a newcomer, but i am happy to be a mentor if you want me lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 250 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �64 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$113,547.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6492 Hours: 10

Minutes: 15 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lunch is in the basket Yogi, but Phil wants all the girls to take him out to dinner, so he can't have the basket! I am on most nights late late late, at least until they change my shift again! And Phil and Cheermom have my email. Anyone who wants to can talk to me in the wee hours of the night. No puter at work, sad to say... 'Salright? Salright! Denise [IMG]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p300/DeeKaySss/dancingsmparrot.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 665 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I would love to have a mentor to help me through this adventure! I'm mostly here in the afternoons and early evenings, ET. Thanks, Debbie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 93 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
If any newbies need a mentor, I'm on the SSC Instant Messenger right now!!! Roll up! Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 107 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,614 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �321 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tennielle - it would be a pleasure to be your mentor! 'Brave enough' - what are you on about, lady?!!! I'll try and sign on the the SSC as often as I can and maybe we can link up. Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 94 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,415 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �282 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48

This thread is locked.

Reading this thread: