Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,553 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Would you like a mentor?

17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am happy to mentor anyone who neds a hand!! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,308 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �341.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
yes please its the only thing that keeps me sane knowing that I have others to depend on in times of needs a few words of comfort is all it takes. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 213 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Funny thing when this thread started I was looking for a mentor. I would love to be one now if any body needs it. Grace [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,328 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $264 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
sure. some of you guys have been big inspirations to me already. I have two small kids and a hubby who smokes. Live in U.S.A Eastern/stardard time. I am norm on here in morn and afternoon. Would appreaticate any extra help and support. Thanks for the great idea, and the skill to get it going. Grace [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 354 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $68 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bump [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 699 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $137.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
Bump - another member looking for a mentor . . . someone available? Windy; Continue to have the SSC IM on when you are on the board and one of the seasoned quitters will IM you & offer to mentor. The board is quieter on the weekends & not all will see your msg until sometime early in the week. Members will continue to bump this thread & someone will come through for you. You can then exchange emails addresses or set specific days of the week & times to talk via IM - or just talk via the board - - whatever each of you is most comfortable with. Since my mentor & I are in very different time zones, our arrangement is I email my questions, updates on how I'm doing, sagas about what situations I find difficult yet (:)), success stories & specific board questions to him, and he emails back explanations and suggestions when time permits. Of course if I were to get into a situation dangerous to my quit, I would still come straight to the board & post for help from the entire SSC community. I also make sure I don't overload him with emails or expect daily attention. This mentoring stuff is voluntary & we stay respectful of each others time. Some people just want a mentor for the first few weeks, others like myself want to continue using one for some months. There are no set rules, just whatever works to not smoke! Having a mentor has proved to be a blessing to my quit - - my quit went from gawdawful to one of sanity, strength and a positive outlook on living with ease without smoking. I can't promise that will all happen for you as this is just my experience, but what do you have to lose? Maybe a fair amount of 'agony' in your quit! Hang in there & keep posting for a mentor if you're not hooked up w/one by midweek. Ericon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,065 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $217.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
Hey Mr E - Thought you were off the hook, eh? Can't believe I'm actually admitting this but nahhhh . . . you're a keeper! :8o: Ericon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,069 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $217.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
Bump to seasoned members who are willing to mentor - Windy still waiting, Wackydog & Stormy requesting one too. Ron, Chickstarr, Islandgirl, & others who volunteered to mentor . . . anyone willing to call out to a newbie? (I'm fine w/Mr Ed as my mentor, just bumping to help out other newbies) Thanks, Ericon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,152 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $232 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
Deli, you will make a phenomenal mentor! I can assure you that you certainly have "what it takes" to share your successful quit with others. Ericon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,253 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $464 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
Hey Mr E - I think I confused you. My 7 day reward was a hike in the mountains. We have multiple mtn ranges within 1/2 hr drive so my reward was a 3 hour outing - - not 3 days. Aha . . . thought you had a break from me for a bit, did you? !!!! :eg: LOL Ericon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 343 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $65.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5

This thread is locked.

Reading this thread: