Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,553 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Which Town Are You Doing Your Quit-(and Thanks,all of You)

17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jacko, Enjoy your holiday. I'm off to Fuerteventura (Canary Islands) later in the summer. I do not have to work on the Beach like I do here! While I lie on my sun lounger, I will be carefully considering whether being on this holiday 'influenced me to either start or stop smoking' :eg: cheers Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 152 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,564 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1140 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
Danielle, This thread did not influence me in either direction. What it was, was FUN; sometimes people here need a break from the difficulties of quitting. I am pleased when the likes of Jacko join this site; he is positive and upbeat and, actually, if you look at the number of views here, is pretty popular. It's threads like this that bring me back here day after day. I would like to know other people's views on this. I would also like you to explain the reason for your post my best wishes Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 151 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,548 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1132.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
Hi Jacko, you are right! Chingford North East London Home of Teddy Sheringham (England footballer) ex home of David Beckham Queen Elizabeth 1 favourite hunting area (Epping Forest just up the road) Rosie's Bar received a call last night from a concerned talking horse. Hope you don't mind Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 149 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,476 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1117.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
Hello again, Jacko - glad to see you haven't 'disappeared' again ;p Lilly - Blackburn - is it true about the 4000 holes? Alison - nobody has called me Edward for a long time! I quite like it Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 149 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,479 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1117.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Smoked In Nebraska for 16 years! Quitting in Nebraska for 2 months almost! YAY! Glad your back JACKO!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,168 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $261 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 1262 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Jacko and friends Cool thread ya got going on here! I started smoking 34 years ago (12,410 days ago) in Delaware (delaWHERE). I moved to Fort Myers, FL 3 years ago for better health. I got better health approximatly 150 days ago. HaaaHAAAA...Funny.....I didn't have to move 1200 miles for better health!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 166 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,498 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $498 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 506 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well Jacko- I see you're back with this thread! Good show! I am in Penfield, NY (suburb of Rochester)on one of the Great Lakes (Ontario). I'm retired young (47), I live on a 5 acre lot in an 1850 farmhouse which keeps me busy and keeps my bank accounts scared-trying to fix this place up! Just me and the cats...someday I hope like the song..."Our house...is a very, very, very fine house...with 2 cats in the yard....etc." :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 144 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,775 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1296 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 425 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:)
17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jacko Glad you are back!!!! I am doing my quit in Toronto, Ontario Canada. A big big city by the lake. Parks and trails and lots of outdoor stuff. I live a block from a swimming pool amd that is where I go to take care of my lungs and do cardio to heal my heart from all of the damage done smoking for 36 years. Cheers Perceverance pays. Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 145 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,908 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1087.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jacko, glad you came back - I thought you were treated very harshly and have not been here for over a month because of it, but I am back now! I am here in Hessle, England which is in the beautiful county of Yorkshire and is best known for the Humber Bridge which used to be the longest suspension bridge in the world (now 2nd or 3rd longest). We live on a hill that overlooks the Humber estuary and the City of Hull and we sometimes watch the huge overnight ferries (more like cruise ships) that leave daily for Belgium and Holland. I have previously lived in Cambridge and north of London in Hertfordshire and Mr Ed......my Mother was from Edmonton so know that area quite well! As of today I have been quit for 6 months and the time has passed fairly quickly although it went very slowly at first, I am really glad to have stopped smoking but do not preach to others. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 181 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,174 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �452.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40

Reading this thread: