Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,553 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Which Town Are You Doing Your Quit-(and Thanks,all of You)

17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
End of August I am off to North Cyprus. We stayed with his parents last year and I felt so embarrassed about my smoking. I promised that when I returned I would be a non smoker. That led to me trying to quit loads of times since last Sept, but never being successful. Until I came here. I WILL be a non smoker when I got to North Cyprus. Which is great.As it is a 4.5 hour flight and they take ages to bring out your suitcases, and there is nowhere to smoke, and last year i was told off for smoking in a non smoking area, I really couldnt wait. OH WOW to get on a plane to fly - and not worry about smoking!!! I went to Prague in Jan and our money had been stolen - we did have cigrarettes, (thats how stupid the junkie is, his money was stolen I bought 400 lambert and butler for �26) .. My cigarettes came first. When we got to the airport, it was non smoking every where apart from a cafe where you had to buy a drink to sit there (and smoke) I humiliated myself by finding some english guys and asking if theye had any spare money I could buy off them (i did have a few English pounds, not much) they gave me some money and I bought a drink, and could sit there happily smoking. In August we fly British Airways from London Heathrow... hotel booked for the night before... wooo hoo I cant wait. I am SO GLAD to be a non smoker and not think consistently about smoking all the way on the plane, having to sit in the smoking areas of the airport. Have a fantastic holiday! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 806 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Woohoo good to see you back again Jacko. :) I cant be bothered to write it all again, but I come from Bristol, England which is i guess 80 miles west of London.. in the South West, just over the bridge from Cardiff capital of Wales. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 763 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �225 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nice to see you Jacko!!! I'm in Athens - Greece!!!!!! it's cloudy and rainy today...yuchy... hugs Jacko [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 314 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �93 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad to see you back Jacko, I started smoking in a little city in N.H. and finished smoking in a little town in IL. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 526 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $200 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 394 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Im in QLD Down Under --smoked here 16years and before that Stockholm sweden for many many years too [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,606 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $572.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 311 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad to see you back Jacko! Again, I'm from Hamden, Connecticut which is right next to New Haven (Yale University). Great little city, tons of free concerts and happenings in the summer. In my town they're also working on a bike path from here to Massachusetts, should be great. I do miss Arizona, though. I lived there for a few years after college. If I didn't have ties to family I would still be out there. Now that we have a child no one will let us leave the state :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 706 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $166.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
Shevie, I always felt bad for the people that drove around in their beat up cars with no AC. I do NOT miss 115 degrees, but nine months of the year is was paradise. (At least compared to New England) The people are definitely happier there. People in the northeast are miserable. And I'm stuck here b/c our parents would never let us leave the state with their granddaughter. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 713 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $166.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
Shevie, do you know the Rusty Spur Saloon? Hubby used to work there. I don't know if I can walk back into that place now, since I quit smoking. The place is tiny and everyone smokes. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 710 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $166.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Me too, Marie! I wonder...is Rosie's Bar smoke free or not? I wish he would stop in... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 773 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow!!! I really like this discussion. I am impressed at all the different locations. I find it especially beneficial since I am currently unable to participat in IM at present. As for me, started smoking as a youth in Augsburg, Germany 34 years ago and am now quiting in a town just outside of Nashville, Tennessee. I won't post my quit meter since it SHOULD be 53 days, but is really only 3 days since my slip and I just can't being myself to change it.

Reading this thread: